• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002 Front end Update

Had the parts painted and decided to give the conversion a try on my own. Nothing really hard about it, just time consuming. Got as far as taking the car apart, putting the new bumper together and temporarily mounting it on the car. Ill tackle the lights tomorrow if the weather holds up.

Armando

Attachments

• Bumper off 2 (Small).jpg
    Bumper off 2 (Small).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 487
  • Lights removed 2 (Small).jpg
    Lights removed 2 (Small).jpg
    62 KB · Views: 506
  • New bumper 3 (Small).jpg
    New bumper 3 (Small).jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 504
  • New hood and bumper (Small).jpg
    New hood and bumper (Small).jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 545
Impressive. Another R look a like to be. :smile: Have you tried fitting the new lamps in? I think you need to do a small cut in the lamp well.

hey what is the hole looking thing on the lower left part of the bumper (facing the car - left side)

khappucino said:
hey what is the hole looking thing on the lower left part of the bumper (facing the car - left side)

I belive your looking @ the tow hook, there's supposed to be a cover for that. :smile:

2Dobes said:
I'll bet your neighbors are just lovin' you about now.
I'd rather have my neighbor doing a project like this instead of a 78 Camaro on blocks. :biggrin:

Jin1976 said:
Impressive. Another R look a like to be. :smile: Have you tried fitting the new lamps in? I think you need to do a small cut in the lamp well.

This will be my second front end conversion, and you are right, a small cut has to be made for the 2002+ lights to fit.

Armando

2Dobes said:
I'll bet your neighbors are just lovin' you about now.

We have monthly Happy Hours here at the house so as long as I keep them soaked in Grey Goose they let me slide. Besides that was just one days worth of work.

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
We have monthly Happy Hours here at the house so as long as I keep them soaked in Grey Goose they let me slide.

Mr. Walken - it is ordained that HH's take place no less frequently than weekly. Please govern yourself accordingly. :redface:

Let's all give SoS a hug for the OBD2 AEM.....now we can all play in the same sandbox, and keep up with your back bumper. :biggrin:

Yellow Rose said:
Mr. Walken - it is ordained that HH's take place no less frequently than weekly. Please govern yourself accordingly. :redface:

I agree but not all HH are open to the public wink wink

Yellow Rose said:
Let's all give SoS a hug for the OBD2 AEM.....now we can all play in the same sandbox, and keep up with your back bumper. :biggrin:

OBD2+AEM is great news but now it will take a bit more than just the AEM to keep up...................................... :biggrin:

Armando

My boss gave me a few hours off this afternoon so I figured Id put the time to good use. Most of the fitting is done, just need 2 more hands to make the final adjustments and tighten all the bolts.

Attachments

• 2002 lights 001 (Small).jpg
    2002 lights 001 (Small).jpg
    38 KB · Views: 344
  • 2002 lights 002 (Small).jpg
    2002 lights 002 (Small).jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 344
  • 2002 lights 003 (Small).jpg
    2002 lights 003 (Small).jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 363
  • 2002 lights 006 (Small).jpg
    2002 lights 006 (Small).jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 335
  • 2002 lights 008 (Small).jpg
    2002 lights 008 (Small).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 379
Looks good! Now all you need to do is not line any of the parts up and sell it on Ebay as never having any body work done to it. Too bad it looks like your paint color matches. Oh and don't forget to make sure the "A" emblem on the front is upside down. :wink:

I would think that people would want to backdate their front end to the earlier model with the sleek facia and popup headlights.. I just can't get over the crosseyed goldfish look of the newer front facia and lights.

smite said:
I would think that people would want to backdate their front end to the earlier model with the sleek facia and popup headlights.. I just can't get over the crosseyed goldfish look of the newer front facia and lights.

I hated it when they changed the lights in 02 as well. It has grown on me now and I love it.

I hated it when they changed the lights in 02 as well. It has grown on me now and I love it.

I'm in the same boat.
Thinking very seriously about doing this upgrade myself.
Just trying to find out all of the parts needed to complete it so I don't get started and then hit a stopping point.
I wonder how difficult the actual fitting of the parts is?

Back