• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002 NSX Reviews...

J

jmsc

has any American/British magazine tested the latest 02 NSX? I subscribe to alot of them but have not seen any reviews so far.

How do NSX enthusiasts view this latest iteration?

I keep hearing and reading over and over and over that not a V6, nor a V10 nor a V12 but a V8 400+ HP is coming. If Honda is dead serious about competing with the big boys, Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo, BMW, V & V it will need to match their powerplants in 2004. At that time a 6 cyl will not cut it.

All comments are welcome.

I personally don't like the new fixed headlights. Other changes seems to be fine. And as far as next generation goes, the powerplant seems to be more in line with the Dual Note(according to motor trend at least...)...

HOnda's thinking farther ahead than these guys by utilizing hybrid technology to produce 400+HP engine that puts out 50+mpg. on the next gen NSX. While Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, and whathaveyou are scrambling to get as much HP possible out of larger displacing engine, the guys in suits and ties at Honda decided not to take that route, due to tighter Govt.regulations on emission in the near future and gas price increase spurred on by depletion of world petroleum supplies. In other words, Honda don't see the point in investing V-8 or anything bigger only to be sidelined by new govt. mandate that requires ALL production cars to meet currently rated ULEV level as minimum requirement. This can be bad news for purists like you but I think Honda made the right move in doing this. Eventually, Gasoline-powered Air-polluting V-8's will be banned and to pour money into modifying ancient technology is foolish and short-sighted at best. At least to Honda. I hope that answers your question.

------------------
1999 Zanardi Edition NSX #50
2001 Silver/Red S2000

Originally posted by jmsc:
has any American/British magazine tested the latest 02 NSX? I subscribe to alot of them but have not seen any reviews so far.

Brief reviews appeared in the American magazines earlier this year. Comparison articles also appeared in Road & Track (March 2002 against the 911 and Z06) and in Evo. All were mentioned in topics here on NSXprime.

Also, if memory serves, in of of those "affluent lifestyle" magazines - I think it was The Robb Report or something like that, plus I think there was a sidebar about what a smokin' deal a used NSX is. again, I'm guessing insteada remembering here, but I think it was maybe 3 months ago & the magazine was about seven bucks and came in a plastic bag with another bonus thingie like a calendar or a "20 coolest expensive toys" mini-mag.

Um, I think they liked the 2002 NSX.

Back