• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002 NSX?

Does anyone know when the new NSX will be out? I heard 2002, but is this right? ohoh can't wait...does anyone have any pictures of it yet? ohoh can't wait for the pictures either...I am saving up now..
Sony

There is still no official word from Honda on the date of the next NSX and no photos. The pictures out there new are computer retouches of the current car.

I have a theory about this "waiting until the next version" thing. This is no different than what we all go through with technology today. There will always be a better, cheaper, and faster computer tomorrow, but that doesn't keep anyone from buying one today. It we waited until the next version, we would always be waiting.

My strategy is that whatever you buy should meet or exceed your current needs. That way, it will always meet those needs, even if future capabilities were to improve. This works equally well with computers as NSXs.

Having finally bought one, a 2000 NSX-T, I have come to realize that I should not have waited the 9 months to 1 year that I did. In doing so, I deprived myself of the joy of owning the Acura. Lusting after the next NSX, or the NSX predicessor, only would serve to diminish my love for the perfection and balance found in the current car.

I don't know about all of you, but with 4.7 or 4.9 0-60 times and a top speed of almost 170 mph, I am not sure what this car doesn't do that you would expect the next one to do better. If the new one did a 3.9 second 0-60 time and had twin turbos, would it really be any better. Is that extra second really the difference between enjoying the car and not enjoying it. If the new car did go 189 mph, would the 1% of the time you could actually use it really be worth the wait? I think if you drove one regularly, you would say no!

I have had mine for 3 weeks now and I already have almost 3,000 miles on it. I am always thinking up reasons to take it out and enjoy it. Don't deprive yourself a minute longer. Go buy one tonight. And enjoy it for what it is... one of the finest examples of automotive engineering in the world.
smile.gif

But, then again, I am just a little biased... also I have yet to make my first payment.
smile.gif
Doh!

Well, whatever the next NSX is like, I hope it doesn't look anything like the shots on superhonda.com. Looks like someone opened up the old RX-7 drawer by mistake. Man, is that ugly or what!

Glad I got mine now.
smile.gif

Lud,
Your link showed the following quote:
"New NSX should be appear in 2002 with a 3.5L V8 VTEC-i 400ps engine, price should be below 13,000,000yen. There will be a GT version that will have 3.6L 430ps."

Do you know what the "ps" to "hp" conversion is? Or what the Yen to $ conversion is?

$1 is about 105 yen right now
PS and HP are very close... 1 PS = 0.98632 HP

The superhonda website images of the "new" NSX show nothing other than a Mazda RX-7. YUUUUK!!! Does anyone know of a Honda web site available where we can flood them with negative feedback on this RX-7 concept car?On the other hand, if this horrible MAZDA-like design actually happens to the new NSX, the value of our older NSXs will definitely go WAY WAY UP!!!

WOW! If I did the math correctly the new car will cost in the neighborhood of $125K! That is some neighborhood! The hp is obviously in the sub-400hp range which is typical for the supercar wanna-bes out there. Now I am REALLY GLAD I bought mine now. I can't see what they would do to make this worth the extra $40K! For that extra $40K, you can buy an mint condition modified 3rd Generation RX-7 and get pretty much the same overall look.
smile.gif

Well as I said the info from Best Car is about as reliable as that from Weekly World News. Meaning they make it all up just to sell magazines.

Maybe the next gen really will cost that much. But if it does I expect it will look better than those pictures and produce more than 400HP. If not the current sales of less than one per day will drop to about one a month...

Back