2004 Gallardo

I purchased a 2004 Lambo Gallardo in silver with e-gears with 4k miles. I bought the car from Bentley Gold Coast of Chicago and will pick up on wednesday. Got a real awesome deal and I will post pic's later. Cant wait, also got my Nsx back from body shop today. Much better and pic's are in Nsx pic forum. :smile:

I am not sure if I will keep the Nsx. I might. Since I bought the 1991 Nsx a month ago. I have installed new oem clutch, new Bilsteins, new engine and trunk struts, new wheels and tires, new crossed drilled rotors and pads, new ww kit and bumper and mirrors painted. Let me know if you know someone interested. The car is now awesome with no issues.

Last edited:
New clutch in one month?

is that normal? Dont some NSX clutches last 10+ years right? am i missing something

rickysals said:
New clutch in one month?

is that normal? Dont some NSX clutches last 10+ years right? am i missing something

DURIM91NSX said:
I bought the 1991 Nsx a month ago. I have installed new oem clutch, new Bilsteins, new engine and trunk struts, new wheels and tires, new crossed drilled rotors and pads, new ww kit and bumper and mirrors painted. Let me know if you know someone interested. The car is now awesome with no issues.

Clutch wear will vary anyway depending on driving style and how much you drive the car.

rickysals said:
New clutch in one month?

Well he didn't say the condition of the clutch was brand new when he got the car. It's a 91 so there is a good chance it could have used a new clutch. But yeh, just like the guy said before me, it's just like anything, if you take care of it right it will last longer.

I pick up the Gallardo tommorrow morning, I am pretty stoked. I will post some pic's. I have read alot on the Lambo forums about clutch failures on these cars. I guess I will find out.

95NSXT said:
Well he didn't say the condition of the clutch was brand new when he got the car. It's a 91 so there is a good chance it could have used a new clutch. But yeh, just like the guy said before me, it's just like anything, if you take care of it right it will last longer.

wow, I TOTALLY got confused on that one,

i thought he was talkin about the Lamborghini. nevermind.... ignore the guy who can't read (me :biggrin:)

DURIM91NSX said:
I pick up the Gallardo tommorrow morning, I am pretty stoked. I will post some pic's. I have read alot on the Lambo forums about clutch failures on these cars. I guess I will find out.

oy'... I hope I didn't jinx you!

awesome man, one of my dreamcars for sure. enjoy!

DURIM91NSX said:
I have read alot on the Lambo forums about clutch failures on these cars. I guess I will find out.

Is the clutch failure attributed a design flaw or everyone dropping the clutch at 4000+RPM? ;) My bets on the latter. ;)

Looking forward to those pix.

DURIM91NSX said:
I purchased a 2004 Lambo Gallardo in silver with e-gears with 4k miles. I bought the car from Bentley Gold Coast of Chicago and will pick up on wednesday. Got a real awesome deal and I will post pic's later. Cant wait, also got my Nsx back from body shop today. Much better and pic's are in Nsx pic forum. :smile:

Great car! Look forward to seeing picx.
I am looking for a Gallardo as well. Would you be willing to divulge the price you paid for your Gallardo? Or PM or email me?
Thanks much.

I paid $145k for a e-gear trans car with 4500 miles. The car optioned out at $188k when new. It has the e-gear,coming home,heated mirrors,alarm system,luggage set,power seats and custom seat covers. You can get a 6-speed for about 5-10k less.

Back