• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 headers oem

Yes they will fit on a 91.

This is a bit misleading. There's a difference between 97-99 headers and 00-05 headers; the rear 00-05 header is 20mm shorter (the 2000+ rear cat is 20mm longer). Not sure if SOS still sells exhaust adapters for 95-99 headers on a 91-94, but you'd have to extend one of the adapters to fit the 00-05 header. So yeah it will fit, but not easily.

Last edited:
that's correct. I think it is much easier if you also get the cats.

This is a bit misleading. There's a difference between 97-99 headers and 00-05 headers; the rear 00-05 header is 20mm shorter (the 2000+ rear cat is 20mm longer). Not sure if SOS still sells exhaust adapters for 95-99 headers on a 91-94, but you'd have to extend one of the adapters to fit the 00-05 header. So yeah it will fit, but not easily.

Thanks Mike for filling in the gaps. You are correct, there is more to putting a set of NA2 headers on a NA1 than "Will they fit". Probably more correct than "So yeah it will fit, but not easily" would be "...., but not CHEAPLY!! Headers, cats, adapters and exhaust if you want a new one would be the real answer plus $$$$.

I know since I did it with OEM 98 headers.
Brad

Based on my empirical evidence 1997-03 headers will bolt right up to a 1995/96, nothing is needed \if you have the stock OEM exhaust and stock CATS
but some O2 sensor extensions.

Last edited:
headers

hi
spoke to eiffel here in atlanta. he's the go-to person for nsx repairs. i'm having him r/r my transmission when it's returned from level 10.
i told him of my plans to install the 2004 headers and he advised me against it. besides the high cost of adapting them to fit my vehicle and the logistics of locating adapters and other parts, he said the automatic was lowered in hp to keep damage down when shifting.

adding more hp would be more of a problem than would be offset by more hp. thanks for the pics.

sorry for the inconvenience.

regards,
rog

any other '04 parts for sale?

Back