• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 Honda Odyssey

I need to replace my Caravan, used for work. Found a 2004 Odyssey, 46K miles, one owner, all records, looks clean. They are asking $13,500.oo. Good price? What should I look out for? Thanks,
Keith

There were so many reported transmission problems with Odysseys until they installed the 4-shaft unit from the Ridgeline, that we waited until 2007 to get one of those.

30K miles later and only a PS pump replacement (warranty) to date.
Brian

We had two of them, one went in for a transmission issue once, the other never did...I think each Odyssey hit 160k km before we ditched them...the replacement transmission was fine (same one in the TL) and the TL is at 300k km and is still going...the transmission, if changed, is pretty good.

FWIW... We have a 2003 Odyssey with over 170k on it (my daily driver) and never any problems at all (knock on wood). We were advised that the trans fluid should be changed as scheduled. We have done that and no problems... so far. Also, it must be a popular year for them as I see a ton of these every day out there on the road.

I know its a late post, but my dads friend owns a furniture repair company. They have about 265,000 on a 2005 Oddessey. Oil changes, timing belts, and other wear items and its still running like a tank :cool:.

Back