• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 Silver NSX on Ebay jh4na216x4t000088

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that someone is trying to sell my NSX on ebay right now: jh4na216x4t000088 The ebay name is rome2151 . They are even using the same exact words and pictures the guy I bought the NSX from was using on autotrader.

I sent an email to ebay telling them but if there is anything else I need to do please let me know.

Thanks,

Nik

Re: 2004 Silver NSX on Ebay

Tell the seller that you are test driving the car that is being sold, and you like it a lot. Then report it to ebay.

Buy the car and let them know you only deal in cash, bring five-O with you when you go to pick up your car.

Can I come, that would be a fun one to watch:biggrin:

Buy the car and let them know you only deal in cash, bring five-O with you when you go to pick up your car.

Can I come, that would be a fun one to watch:biggrin:

Silly wabbit - there won't be any car to pick up. They'll want a "good faith" deposit (or better still the whole price) and then,,,,,,,,, :redface:

Nope, I still have it. Do I call the police? Funny how they use the photos from the guy I purchased the car from.

And one more reason not to post your VIN's on a public forum. I just listed my car here and used "XXX" for the last 3 digits. The mods didn't like that. One of the first e-mails was from a scammer asking for more pics (Member: romeobrood (hmm...original E-Bay seller is rome2151?), email: [email protected] ). I know, if I use my VIN, the car will be listed for sale somewhere else (by someone else).

POSTING FULL VIN'S ON THE INTERNET IS A BAD IDEA!!!

Last edited:
Here's something interesting: If you go to that website and click "inventory" then Google all the VIN's for the NSX's listed (all well under market value), you'll notice a common denominator...they ALL have appeared for sale on the Internet previously (inlcuding here). :rolleyes:

The address listed is a residence in Miami. FL law prohibits a dealer from operating out of their residence.

The website (www.vehicle4yourfamily.com) is registered to a web service that provides web pages for "dealers". There is also a number listed for the website that goes to San Jose (a Google Voice #). Dealer says his name is "John Dartvin"... :rolleyes:

So...keep listing your VINs and sending these scammers detailed pics. Your car can be an Internet star too!

Last edited:
Wow, Nick only asking $28,800 for your imaculate ride? Must be hard up for some cash! Try Cash 4 Gold! :tongue::biggrin:

Just file a TOS breach to his webhost or his webhosts's datacenter, that's always a quick and swift method in most countries...

It seems to me that it is a very GOOD reason to post VINs online. A lot of the scammers won't post one at all which makes them that much more obvious. BUT now if anybody google's that VIN they'll find this thread saying that scammers are pretending to sell your car. Hiding the VIN doesn't seem like it'd stop anybody. It doesn't hurt YOU when someone pretends to be selling your car, but it does hurt others get are too stupid to know better. The scammers could just make up a valid VIN and who would know otherwise?

It seems to me that it is a very GOOD reason to post VINs online. A lot of the scammers won't post one at all which makes them that much more obvious. BUT now if anybody google's that VIN they'll find this thread saying that scammers are pretending to sell your car. Hiding the VIN doesn't seem like it'd stop anybody. It doesn't hurt YOU when someone pretends to be selling your car, but it does hurt others get are too stupid to know better. The scammers could just make up a valid VIN and who would know otherwise?

I agree. It's been really helpful for me to be able to search VIN numbers here on Prime while I've been searching on the Net for an NSX. I can see what previous owners the car has had (at least some of them), what modifications have been made, how many miles they put on it, etc. Or in this case, I found out it was a scam. Saved me time and trouble.

Back