• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 sold at Amelia Island

lol its great for those of us who only put 560 miles/year on their cars:eek:

And there we have it. I called it that three years into the NC1 cycle that Gen1 NSXs will be worth more. Mic drop.

And there we have it. I called it that three years into the NC1 cycle that Gen1 NSXs will be worth more. Mic drop.

got any stock tips?:biggrin:

Just in case if the pictures disappear. 2004 Silverstone / Onyx 8898 miles, vin JH4NA21604T000021

I saw this car some time in 2012, it was purchased around 10 years ago by a collector, purely as an investment.

Last edited:
Remember, Americans paid $15 in 1975 ($75 in today's money) for a pet rock (a pebble about 2" long).
It is all in the marketing.....

Remember, Americans paid $15 in 1975 ($75 in today's money) for a pet rock (a pebble about 2" long).
It is all in the marketing.....

.and the mood ring...and don't forget squirmals..........:tongue:

Silver is nice and the millage was low (but not that low), but for that kind of money I would rather have an NA2 couple or Zanardi. The 02+ cars seem to be real popular right now. its amazing the premium they command given the that the updates were mostly cosmetic and convenience items.

Silver is nice and the millage was low (but not that low), but for that kind of money I would rather have an NA2 couple or Zanardi. The 02+ cars seem to be real popular right now. its amazing the premium they command given the that the updates were mostly cosmetic and convenience items.

“For that kind of money I would rather” I understand. Rarely appear for sale, though.

I am curious why you stated “The 02+ cars seem to be real popular right now.”
And, “its amazing the premium they command given the that the updates were mostly cosmetic and convenience items.”

There is a gentleman who has purchased many very nice low-mileage 2002 and newers, and lists them frequently for sale on e bay. So wondering if that might be the basis for your statements. Please tell more. :wink:

Regardless, I believe that with only ~ 858 2002-and-newers (2002-2005 MY incl) brought into North America the relative rarity brings the investment.

A rising tide floats all boats :smile:

“For that kind of money I would rather” I understand. Rarely appear for sale, though.

I am curious why you stated “The 02+ cars seem to be real popular right now.”
And, “its amazing the premium they command given the that the updates were mostly cosmetic and convenience items.”

There is a gentleman who has purchased many very nice low-mileage 2002 and newers, and lists them frequently for sale on e bay. So wondering if that might be the basis for your statements. Please tell more. :wink:

Regardless, I believe that with only ~ 858 2002-and-newers (2002-2005 MY incl) brought into North America the relative rarity brings the investment.

A rising tide floats all boats :smile:

It's based off my impressions of watching the cars that get posted for sale here and other sites. Maybe my impressions are a little skewed because the 02+ do not get listed that often. This one definitely benefited from being completely stock and low miles. It was a perfect car for someone looking for an investment.

I am not going to complain about the sale price. As an NSX owner I like seeing any time they go for big money on the auction sites. I hope we look at this in several years and comment about the great deal that the buyer got.

Just in case if the pictures disappear. 2004 Silverstone / Onyx 8898 miles, vin JH4NA21604T000021

I saw this car some time in 2012, it was purchased around 10 years ago by a collector, purely as an investment.

Better yet
Here is a screenshot!
f7be2a72e6bca94e2c5cb95d53f429ab.jpg

Sent from Samsung Note8

? for Sackey.....is the CR S2000 pricing following the Zanardi curve?

? for Sackey.....is the CR S2000 pricing following the Zanardi curve?

Yes, they obviously aren't worth the same money but the rate of appreciation has been fairly similar I would say. The best CRs have sold for over double the MSRP, which is also true of Zanardi.

The past 5 years or so has been very good to most Japanese modern-classics, especially those that are particularly rare & special.

Last edited:
Back