• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2006 NSXPO west

For all those who can't go to NSXPO this year (ie: me :frown: ) is there anyone interested in a mini west coast NSXPO type get together? So as not to steal any thunder from this year's NSXPO in Florida, let's pick a date after NSXPO, say later in October. Suggestions on location and activities is appreciated. Maybe Autowave can host a Saturday event, after we all converge on Crystal Cove in the early AM? Any suggestions on scenic drives/ canyon blasts/ maybe autocross at El Toro? The weather should be great that time of year as well.

Regards,

Danny

Last edited:
lowellhigh79 said:
For all those who can't go to NSXPO this year (ie: me :frown: ) is there anyone interested in a mini west coast NSXPO type get together? So as not to steal any thunder from this year's NSXPO in Florida, let's pick a date after NSXPO, say later in October. Suggestions on location and activities is appreciated. Maybe Autowave can host a Saturday event, after we all converge on Crystal Cove in the early AM? Any suggestions on scenic drives/ canyon blasts/ maybe autocross at El Toro? The weather should be great that time of year as well.

Regards,

Danny
Love to!!! Maybe we can do one right after the expo and get Uehera out to give us all a visit.

That sounds like a awesome idea.....however I don't think autowave would be big enough to hold that many cars assuming a lot of people show up.......we would need a place at least as big as South Coast Acura.

Maybe meet at a big parking lot somewhere in Irvine? with restaurants and shops......I don't know but I am for your suggestion. :smile:

KooLaid said:
Who is Uehera? You mean takako(sp) Uehara the japanese female model?

Lead project engineer of the NSX in the late 80's.

Regards,

Danny

I brought up this same subject a while back about having a mini-NSXPO because a lot of us couldn't come out to the east coast that year and someone ended up bitching about "I can't believe you Californians, you think you are better than everyone else, there is only one NSXPO and you should only come out for that, where is your sense of unity..." BS. :mad:

And this was when NStxPO was in full swing. :rolleyes:

What should be call it? NSXPO is already taken, and NStxpo is catchy but we can't use it.... NSXpoCA? lol

NSweXPO?

I think a nice big park, preferably on the beach or next to the water of some sort.... Burger burn.... etc etc. Grass...

ah damn, I just saw that it was already named, nsxpo west, lol.

So I did some digging. Well Joel, seems like you had some success in the past years. Especially since I recall seeing a "JOELEXPO" LoL. So what's JOELEXPO 2006 gonna be like???

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23934&highlight=joel+nsxpo

Last edited:
Joel said:
I brought up this same subject a while back about having a mini-NSXPO because a lot of us couldn't come out to the east coast that year and someone ended up bitching about "I can't believe you Californians, you think you are better than everyone else, there is only one NSXPO and you should only come out for that, where is your sense of unity..." BS. :mad:

I think that probably was a reaction to the fact that when NSXPO was out west last year there was a dearth of California attendees and even when it was in California in 2003 there was a surprising lack of attendees from the Southern part of Cali. Everyone realizes that it does require a time and expense commitment to travel to NSXPOs but for some reason the California contingent generally is not well represented outside of NSXPOs actually in California and even there it appears that the state is "divided" as to how far people are willing to travel.

Having a local event to entertain those not able to make the trip to an NSXPO is perfectly valid but when it is described as an "NSXPO West" it gives the appearance that the left coast is "snubbing" the efforts of the Southeast contingent who are working tirelessly to put on a great event for all of the NSXCA.

I am not writing this to criticize your efforts to organize a local event but rather try to explain why you may have taken offense at comments that may have been made by others when the term "NSXPO" is used for a competing event rather than for the actual event for which the "phrase" was coined.

While it is not posted most of the time, "we" as in OC.....still get together and carry out our own event atleast once a month. If we have enough people interested, I am sure we can expand out our gathering once a year to include track, ortega run, bbq, and so forth to complete your urge. But keep in mind that our regular gathering has nothing to do with nsxpo :)

RSO 34 said:
I am not writing this to criticize your efforts to organize a local event but rather try to explain why you may have taken offense at comments that may have been made by others when the term "NSXPO" is used for a competing event rather than for the actual event for which the "phrase" was coined.

I agree with Robert and apologize for starting this thread with the NSXPO west title. Let's start with suggestions for a non-EXPO'd name.

Regards,

Danny

I think a park bbq get together would be good and then go for a drive after...........

We do have a mostly NSX willowspring track day coming up in Nov 10. It is a Friday tho.

I don't think the use of the phrase "NSXPO West" is in bad taste at all; there is an annual 'bimmerfest' event, similar to NSXPO, which takes place in a random spot each year - the other half of the country will host its own, smaller, bimmerfest event, so for instance if bimmerfest is in Santa Barbara like last year there was a 'Bimmerfest East' event for those on the East Coast.

There are some people who have schedules that do not allow them to take the time to transport their vehicles, fly across the country, etc. to attend these kinds of events - if we all like the same car I don't see how meeting to appreciate that car is considered 'snubbing' by anybody, we're all enthusiasts here.

IMO 'NSXPO West' sounds like a great idea.

Wishful thinking here. Since Uehera was the project leader for the CRX, NSX, S2k, as well as the NSX replacement. If we can get him out here, how about a meet with S2k and NSX together. It will make the event grander.

Let's book a track while the idea is here:biggrin:

scorp965 said:
I don't think the use of the phrase "NSXPO West" is in bad taste at all; there is an annual 'bimmerfest' event, similar to NSXPO, which takes place in a random spot each year - the other half of the country will host its own, smaller, bimmerfest event, so for instance if bimmerfest is in Santa Barbara like last year there was a 'Bimmerfest East' event for those on the East Coast.

There are some people who have schedules that do not allow them to take the time to transport their vehicles, fly across the country, etc. to attend these kinds of events - if we all like the same car I don't see how meeting to appreciate that car is considered 'snubbing' by anybody, we're all enthusiasts here.

IMO 'NSXPO West' sounds like a great idea.
I think you've got it... NSXfest :cool:

Vancehu said:
Wishful thinking here. Since Uehera was the project leader for the CRX, NSX, S2k, as well as the NSX replacement. If we can get him out here, how about a meet with S2k and NSX together. It will make the event grander.

Let's book a track while the idea is here:biggrin:

1000 posts :eek:

nsx1 said:
I think you've got it... NSXfest :cool:

I like it!

S2Ks included would be very coooolll....ITRs also?

Danny

Back