• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2006 Official Mt Baker Drive - Aug 20th, Sunday

nope, he didn't give everyone hard time. He had "Idiot" written all over himself. In all honesty, I don't think he's fast at all, just that I'm not stupid nor irresponsible.

I'd definately right on his rear bumper if we weren't doing the group drive thingie.

I missed that camry deal that Zantech mentioned, if I knew it earlier, I would have said something when everyone's there.

Anyone monitor their mileage? Despite the spirited driving when we weren't with the big group, I got 310 miles and only consumed 11.7x gallon of gas...

It would be better if we all just kept comments positive about the drive rather than bashing on the one driver that was a little on edge.

We all make mistakes when driving there is no need to dwell on the negative.

Again Amber and I had a great time and look forward to next years drive. Hopefuly we can get even more people to come :biggrin:

very scenic, fun, and well-organized meet you guys. you set the bar pretty high for next year, what with the exclusive location, the helicopter show, etc... i'm looking forward to next year's big event. :)

i was the passenger in Eric's sebring silver:
nsx-082006-1.m.jpg

nsx-082006-2.m.jpg

i'll drive my 300ZX next time, if that's cool, and be the non-honda freak. ;)

Glad everyone had fun, and I agree - let's keep the comments positive, we all know who the driver was that caused a few issues. I would appreciate it if everyone who took pictures could burn me a cd and either contact me and I'll pick it up or drop it off at Mercedes-Benz of Bellevue (Sales Dept). Eventually I would like to put together a huge photo album of the Mt Baker drive (the 1st 5 years). Or feel free to mail it to me - p.m. me and I'll give you my address, would really appreciate this.

Does anybody know the guy in the M3 - he had the nice digital camera. If someone has a name, e-mail, or phone # I would appreciate it. I'll try to find him on s2ki.com.

For those that left early, several of us did return to the lodge for a group shot, sorry you missed out.

Well, hopefully all the S2000 guys had fun and yes everyone were very responsible during the drive (appreciate it). Maybe next year the rest of the S2000 drivers will tag along and get over the comments made about last years drive. All is forgotten now.

Look forward to 2007 Mt Baker drive (Aug 18th or 19th), plan ahead now.
I am going to contact Comptech, Science of Speed, Mugen, etc andtry and make this a mini-expo event. If there are additional companies that may want to display, let me know. Maybe even have a mini-autocross. Send the ideas in.

Take care,

Dean.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 81
i forgot to ask u guyz.. haha.. how was your gas mileage? :biggrin: other then NSX dreamer

"Anyone monitor their mileage? Despite the spirited driving when we weren't with the big group, I got 310 miles and only consumed 11.7x gallon of gas..."

310 miles on 12 gallons is pretty good no?

Great drive...man was I tired when I got home. Stopped in Everett and had some jackass park thier minivan on top of my car. Luckily there were no marks...but how can people be so damn stupid? Anyhow, look forward to next year...and yeah, 330 miles or so and didn't even need to fill up.

Here are a couple pics:
13146bakerdrive4-med.jpg

13146bakerdrive1-med.jpg

13146johnsx-med.jpg

13146nsxshot2-med.jpg

Have a ton more, mostly scenic, some helo shots, ferrari, etc. I can always just burn a CD for ya dean.

Hey,

Didn't get to participate in the drive :( but it was really nice seeing all of the old friends that made it later to Factoria/Red Robin (Ferrand, Gary, Jackson) and meeting some new folks from the area (John, Dean) and the S2K folks and Dave from acurazine with his 98CL. :D

Ken

P.S. Expecting to see most of you @NSXPO07 in Portland, just make sure to put a H emblem on all the non Honda cars and a NSX logo on the cars that make it to the track event, hehe... :cool:

BTW: As far as the idiot/jackass on the F-car, he should be banned from *all* drives across all car clubs regardless of what he ends up showing up with, just pass the word on him, it's fortunate that he did not cause anything major, it's not the car but the driver :eek: If he wants to prove how fast he is, he should simply take his car to PR (and probably someone with a Spec Miata will hand his ass to him regardless of what he ends up showing up with, hehe :p)

2slow2speed said:
Hey,

Didn't get to participate in the drive :( but it was really nice seeing all of the old friends that made it later to Factoria/Red Robin (Ferrand, Gary, Jackson) and meeting some new folks from the area (John, Dean) and the S2K folks and Dave from acurazine with his 98CL. :D

Ken

P.S. Expecting to see most of you @NSXPO07 in Portland, just make sure to put a H emblem on all the non Honda cars and a NSX logo on the cars that make it to the track event, hehe... :cool:

BTW: As far as the idiot/jackass on the F-car, he should be banned from *all* drives across all car clubs regardless of what he ends up showing up with, just pass the word on him, it's fortunate that he did not cause anything major, it's not the car but the driver :eek: If he wants to prove how fast he is, he should simply take his car to PR (and probably someone with a Spec Miata will hand his ass to him regardless of what he ends up showing up with, hehe :p)

nice meeting u bro! maybe one of these days when i visit cali u could show me how to drive on the track :cool: im SUPER n00b when it comes to track racing.. haha.. maybe ill have a roll cage in my CL by then.. lol..

legendarycl98 said:
nice meeting u bro! maybe one of these days when i visit cali u could show me how to drive on the track :cool: im SUPER n00b when it comes to track racing.. haha.. maybe ill have a roll cage in my CL by then.. lol..

We'll keep in touch, David, next time we out to track, maybe you should just join us. (There's only one club allowing pessenger and I'm not sure if I'll join them this year.) Hey, since you waited us for an hour just to see it park. You should see them in action.

I just checked the NSXPO post and it's 07 for Ohio and 08 for Portland
So I stood correctly afterall. :biggrin: Ken, for some unknown reason Dean "appointed" me to be the guy who organize a nsx track day next year at PR and possibly PIR a little later. I'll keep you posted.

polar said:
I just checked the NSXPO post and it's 07 for Ohio and 08 for Portland :frown:

That sucks......was hoping they'd have it closer to this coast with the last one being in Miami.

NSXDreamer2 said:
So I stood correctly afrerall. :biggrin: Ken, for some unknown reason Dean "appointed" me to be the guy who organize a nsx track day next year at PR and possibly PIR a little later. I'll keep you posted.

Tx's for the correction Gary :cool:

Ferrand, yep, you were indeed correct :p NSXPO07 won't be in Portland :(, maybe if there is enough interest you might get some NorCal NSX owners to show up for a 2 day combo track event at PIR/PR or PR/PIR in the future ;)

Ken

heinrich said:
Wish I had known!! Looks like you guys had great fun. I suppose it depends if you would have let Porsches in :D
Heinrich (Seattle)
Porsche 928 '80, '85, '86.5, '87, '89

We always have this Mt. Baker Drive in mid August every year, so check back with us next year. :wink: eh.. actually, just stop by this forum from time to time, as long as you have interest in nsx or meeting us, you are always welcome to any of our meet.

Ferrand.

2slow2speed said:
Tx's for the correction Gary :cool:

Ferrand, yep, you were indeed correct :p NSXPO07 won't be in Portland :(, maybe if there is enough interest you might get some NorCal NSX owners to show up for a 2 day combo track event at PIR/PR or PR/PIR in the future ;)

Ken

You know what Ken, I'm really thinking of that as well. Somehow I don't think there'll be enough interest within the Seattle group and since we will most likely hold it with the Proformance school. We will probably need 40 cars just to break even.

heinrich said:
Wish I had known!! Looks like you guys had great fun. I suppose it depends if you would have let Porsches in :D
Heinrich (Seattle)
Porsche 928 '80, '85, '86.5, '87, '89

Well we would welcome you if you had a real Porsche like a nice air cooled 911 but not a front engine water cooled V8 928 monstrosity.

Regards,

Patrick

hey guys, finally got onto prime after losing my registration email like a moron. anywho, here are some pics a snapped. oh by the way i was the loud berlina s2k in case you didnt hear me! ;) oh and to the berlina CTSC NA1 i had the chance to play with....love your car, most pissed off sounding 3.0 i've heard! too thumbs way up!
mtbaker007.jpg

mtbaker008.jpg

mtbaker013.jpg

mtbaker014.jpg

AP1-NA1 said:
oh and to the berlina CTSC NA1 i had the chance to play with....love your car, most pissed off sounding 3.0 i've heard! too thumbs way up!

That would be me. :smile: That was a great drive. Good to meet you. Just let me know if you ever want a ride.

SaberX said:
That would be me. :smile: That was a great drive. Good to meet you. Just let me know if you ever want a ride.
:biggrin: thanks, at the next meet i'll have to take you up on that!:hello:

AP1-NA1 said:
to the berlina CTSC NA1 i had the chance to play with....love your car, most pissed off sounding 3.0 i've heard! too thumbs way up!
]

Yeah Brian's Muffler got really "Pissed off" after the CTSC went in :wink: :biggrin:

Back