• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2010 NSX SE Mini Expo- June 19th FCI- Greensboro NC

Hah! You are in my backyard. If you guys want to gather afterward, I have a huge yard and plenty of grill space for a gathering. I'll provide beer, burgers and dogs for anyone who wants to hang out after the show.

:cool:

Hey Ben, you may have just solved our problem about where to go for lunch!

What do you think Michael????

John

Sorry I'll miss this year's event...I'll be out of the country on business. :-(
Any fence-sitters...this was GREAT last year!
Huge turnout, GREAT people!

John,

When you have the details about where we are meeting in Raleigh, please let me know. I am looking forward to seeing everyone. This is shaping up to get a great event!

This is turning out to be another great event. If you are on the fence let us know we are trying to figure out final numbers to set up parking at FCI and to for lunch accommodations.

Hope to see you out.

Michael

For you Raleigh based guys.... Let me know when are where you are meeting up to caravan up. I'd love to follow and get some moving shots of all of you on the way up!

Chris

For you Raleigh based guys.... Let me know when are where you are meeting up to caravan up. I'd love to follow and get some moving shots of all of you on the way up!

Chris

Excellent!! We will be meeting at the Crossroads McDonald's on Walnut Street next to the Lowe's Home Center at 8 am and departing for Greensboro Between 8:15 and 8:30 am. They have a large, separate parking area.

John

I am extremely excited about our upcoming event tomorrow. It looks as if the weather will cooperate( at least until the early evening, 20% chance of thunderstorms). Bring your hats and sunscreen because it is suppose to be a bit warm.

We are planning on meeting at FCI @ 10 am, the staff is expecting us with open arms and will help make the experience a delight. Lawernce Martin is the sales manager and has briefed his staff of our arrival. We will park on the upper tier of their parking lot (there is a rumor that there is some shade up there). We can plan on touring the show room and shop before taking some photos of the group.

Around 12:30 we will head over to the famous Stamey's Coliseum 2206 High Point Road (Across from the Greensboro Coliseum- 336.299.9888) for a BBQ lunch.

There are two groups that are caravanning over, one from Charlotte and the other from Raleigh (Check this forum for the tread that will give details on each) You may want to PM your cell to either John or I for us to have if you are planning on meeting for the caravan.

Please be careful on your journey up, over, across or down to Greensboro. The Highway Patrol is trying to generate money for the state of NC so please watch out so you will not be a donor to their cause!

I looking forward to seeing old faces and new as well.

Michael/John

Enjoyed meeting everyone this morning....and seeing a lot of cars I can't afford! Thanks to Mike and John for coordinating....and a special thanks to John for the oil change and detailing. Looking forward to the next event.

v/r
Dave

Come on now, 879 payments later and that DBS is a done deal!!!!! :biggrin:

Great meeting everyone today. Jess and I had a BLAST!! I'm hoping some of the guys from the Greensboro/Raliegh area come down for the next Cars and Coffee.

Joey XSPEEDER

It was really nice riding along with you all and taking the tour of FCI. Here's the last pic of some of us after eating at Stamey's. Once I upload the rest I'll post up and look forward to seeing everyone's pics.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_8368x.JPG
    IMG_8368x.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 67
  • chudson.JPG
    chudson.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Stameys_right.JPG
    Stameys_right.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Stameys_left.JPG
    Stameys_left.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 47
  • cocacola.JPG
    cocacola.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 52
  • James.JPG
    James.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 49
  • raleigh_mcd.JPG
    raleigh_mcd.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
It was really nice riding along with you all and taking the tour of FCI. Here's the last pic of some of us after eating at Stamey's. Once I upload the rest I'll post up and look forward to seeing everyone's pics.

Steve
It was good once again to see everybody again. Thanks again to Mike, John and the crew above who had us all in tears laughing!!!! STEVE!!!

Hey all!

I had a great time seeing everyone once again. Saw some NICE NSX's and deffinetly some nice cars at FCI, Lambo and Sport Auto. Hers is a couple of pictures;

1. This Yota would not leave our Caravan from Raleigh, so I had to post the picture.

GBONSX6_19_101.jpg

2. A view from the passenger side mirror

GBONSX6_19_104.jpg

3. Great action shot on the way to GBO

GBONSX6_19_108.jpg

Oh ...... forgot!

My day did not end all that good. About 87 miles from my home .... car died.

I diagonsed the problem on site and took my car apart, however I could not repair the fuel pump main relay on site. turns over but with no fuel, it would not start. I called AAA .... yep not cheap! Below is pic of the car being loaded. :frown:

Lucky we had the hill to load on the flat bed. It was not to fun getting it unloaded. Finally got home at 10:30 pm Long Day!

All and all I had a great time regarless of the tow 1/3 of the way home. This was the first time the NSX has let me down.

GBONSX6_19_1019.jpg

Oh ...... forgot!

My day did not end all that good. About 87 miles from my home .... car died.

I diagonsed the problem on site and took my car apart, however I could not repair the fuel pump main relay on site. turns over but with no fuel, it would not start. I called AAA .... yep not cheap! Below is pic of the car being loaded. :frown:

Lucky we had the hill to load on the flat bed. It was not to fun getting it unloaded. Finally got home at 10:30 pm Long Day!

All and all I had a great time regarless of the tow 1/3 of the way home. This was the first time the NSX has let me down.

GBONSX6_19_1019.jpg

At least it happened on the way back instead of there. Great looking car in person!! Outstanding upgrades! Love the S2000 intruments.

At least it happened on the way back instead of there. Great looking car in person!! Outstanding upgrades! Love the S2000 intruments.

Your right! In the end it still did not ruin my day.

Thanks for the compliments on my car. There were many great NSX's at the meet, each with their own presonal touches. It was great see a 20+ car turn out.

Looking forward to the next meet.

http://s730.photobucket.com/albums/ww309/MoneyMikeNSX36/2010 June 18 NC NSX Expo FCI/

Thanks to all that came out yesterday, what a wonderful event with a great turnout! It was good to see old faces and many new faces at this year's event. I am always amazed at the caliber of people that I meet at these NSX events! The wealth of information on up keep, mods and improvements was fantastic. I was thinking on the way up that this is the best time that I have had in a long time, either I need to get out more or that I just love these cars that much!

Thanks to John for helping organize this event and hopefully we can do this more than once a year. The 'meeting of the east and west' on I-40 could not have been scripted any better. To see a string of NSXs below on the highway and with perfect timing the group from the west merging right into traffic was a moment only a car lover could enjoy!

The hospitality by FCI was awesome as usual and the eye candy in the showroom and shop was a fantastic bonus for the day. The weather was perfect (a bit hot, but no rain which was great) and my car appreciated the exercise that it does not get enough of. I would have to say the ride home was a bit more 'spirited' and made for an awesome day.

Take care and talk to all of you soon. Hopefully those that did not come or found out late will reach out and give us their email and contact info for the next event. Would love to top 30+ cars next event.

Best wishes!

Michael

DSC03759.jpg

DSC03761-1.jpg

DSC03764.jpg

DSC03780.jpg

With the sale of a kidney and our house, next year I should be rollin' up in this....

DSC03736.jpg

Your right! In the end it still did not ruin my day.

Thanks for the compliments on my car. There were many great NSX's at the meet, each with their own presonal touches. It was great see a 20+ car turn out.

Looking forward to the next meet.

Darrin, sorry to hear about your breakdown!! Where were you when this happened? Car looks great, even on the back of a flatbed!!!

John

Darrin, sorry to hear about your breakdown!! Where were you when this happened? Car looks great, even on the back of a flatbed!!!

John

Thanks John! Happened at a gas station in Selma, NC. Steve Gooding tried to help over the phone and in conversation we pin pointed the problem. Could not fix on site and there was no way I was leaving my car in Selma.

Thanks for the comments about the flatbed. Kind of funny you mentioned it. On the way back riding in the tow truck ... I never thought people would take pictures of the car while on the flat bed, but they did! LOL

Once again, great time guys.

Sorry for the rough return trip!

It was great to see everybody.

:cool:

No problem on the rough retirn trip. Just 87 less miles on the car LOL!

I think I figured out what it was. I removed the main relay and by the neaked eye nothing looked wrong. I found a cold solder joint by electronic testing. I tested per the tech manual and sure enought, main relay was not passing power. I re-soldered every point and tested and it works on the bench. The real test will be in the car tonight. I 'll keep you posted.

If it does not work ... onto the ignition switch.

It was great meeting you as well as well. I am looking forward to the next meet already!

Back