• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2011 NSXCA Holiday Dinner

Larry,

And the snow date is...

Although possible we are trying to avoid a date change. At this point, they are talking a "chance" of snow, not 100%. Please keep an eye on this thread for updates. We will confirm with the restautant on Saturday morning. If there is a change in the plans, you will see the change here:)

Regards,
LarryB

Although possible we are trying to avoid a date change. At this point, they are talking a "chance" of snow, not 100%. Please keep an eye on this thread for updates. We will confirm with the restautant on Saturday morning. If there is a change in the plans, you will see the change here:)

Regards,
LarryB

For the NYC area the forecast so far is stating only 2-6"- That doesn't seem like enough to postpone????

from weather.com:
"For the Washington to Boston urban corridor, any rain should changeover to snow. This appears to be a 2-6" snow event for Philly and New York City. Total amounts near Boston may trend closer to 6" snow, with some sleet mixed in."

Me and my quest may not be able to make it on another date - we'll see...

Re: 2011 NSXCA Holiday Dinner- DATE CHANGE

Folks,

Due to the weather forecast the Dinner will be postponed.

Update to the Update:)

THE NEW DATE is Saturday 3/26/11, all other details apply.

If you cannot make it, just let me know and I will either return your check, or dispose of it.

Sorry to folks who may not be able to make it, but mother nature ruled on this one:(

Regards,
LarryB

Last edited:
Given the streak of events going on in my world, I would say that it wasn't a coincidence.

Hey, I thought I have the exclusive on the bad luck streak. On top of everything else, my laptop (purchased new for Japan at a cost of $3k) was stolen in the Orlando airport on my way back from Daytona this week.

I will see your woes and raise you 3 agitas...........

Whah! Don and I won't be able to make it since we'll be at VIR that weekend. This will be the first Holiday Dinner we miss. :frown:

Maybe the weather report improved ? Maybe? Sun? Warm? No snow? Maybe?

Regarding anyone who was going to meet with Alan and I about volunteering for EXPO; please PM me so we have a list of those who are interested in helping out. We can then contact everyone with additional information. Thank you!

Whah! Don and I won't be able to make it since we'll be at VIR that weekend. This will be the first Holiday Dinner we miss. :frown:

This will also be the first one I have missed other than my tragic go karting accident a few years ago (that roger caused so I couldn't show up............)

Hey, I thought I have the exclusive on the bad luck streak. On top of everything else, my laptop (purchased new for Japan at a cost of $3k) was stolen in the Orlando airport on my way back from Daytona this week.

I will see your woes and raise you 3 agitas...........

I think I still got you beat, given more phone calls this week requesting funds, along with accusations that as part of the family, I don't care, etc to put it mildly.

BTW, my guest, was very disappointed that the dinner is postponed!

BTW, my guest, was very disappointed that the dinner is postponed!

I'm very disappointed that we won't get to see your guest, you not as much!!!
Unfortunately, we have a committment already on that date as well, have a great time everyone!!!!

LARRY AND RICH
pick a new date in March too many people are not around in late Feb

I can't stand winter anymore!! :frown:

We've all allocated tonight for a party and it looks like this storm is turning to rain. Anybody interested in a pre "holiday dinner" dinner or an after dinner snack? :smile:

We could go to Dinallo’s or the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe which is only a few miles away or maybe someone else who knows the area has a better idea. :biggrin:

For the NYC area the forecast so far is stating only 2-6"- That doesn't seem like enough to postpone????

And then.........

Wow, postponed so quick. And the weather reports are calling for under 1" of snow :frown:

Damned if you don't and damned if you do. :biggrin:

Just as well for me. Jan's sick as a dog. See you on the new date.
Maybe all the weather it will be over by then? I hope.

The new date in feb. is the end of PResident's week- a lot of us will be on vacation..........
we should do it tonight anyway- the weather is not bad........

Is it too late to call everyone ??

JOhn hulbrock

So now my better half will be able to make it. Basia and I will be there but we are very disappointed that all you guys can't make it. Larry put me down for two now.

Can the dinner be on the 20th if more people can make it? Just a thought. But you never know since it has been such a goofy winter the odds are good we may need to postpone again and end upnwith a Spring Holiday dinner.

See y'all whenever

Tytus

14 of us decided to say the hell with the weather and met for dinner there tonite. Sometimes you just need to circulate a few text messages at the last minute and you can get a good turnout.

The new and final date @ end of March sounds good for Jeanne and I. We can almost have a track event at the holiday dinner! :biggrin: That gives us a month for the ice in the driveway to melt, take the cover off, unplug the charger and shoot on down to Dinallo's to see everyone.

Also, now I can even give Joe his hat which he left in Japan (you know ......... a high speed trip around Suzuka will do that!). :biggrin:

Thanks Larry. Sorry the weather made things a little tougher this year. :smile:

14 of us decided to say the hell with the weather and met for dinner there tonite. Sometimes you just need to circulate a few text messages at the last minute and you can get a good turnout.

It was a fun night for both of us - I was glad we could make it!

Thanks to everyone (Don, Rich, etc) that managed to pull together a great group of us for a pre-holiday dinner to test out the great food at Dinallo's

It was a fun night for both of us - I was glad we could make it!

Thanks to everyone (Don, Rich, etc) that managed to pull together a great group of us for a pre-holiday dinner to test out the great food at Dinallo's
Please tell Bags that we all missed her, next time let Lisa and Bags come and you go to work!!!:eek::wink:

Back