• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2013 Acura RLX | 2013 Honda Legend

9f7069dc-1171-4953-b551-523cfa77c4d6-500x353.jpg
0af4ef6f-ccef-4c34-9033-ae48ff06103e-500x353.jpg
d8657dea-3654-414e-aec3-7128137a2f1e-500x353.jpg

4WS, Direct Injection V6, SH-AWD, 370HP, 7 speed dual clutch
30mpg

baea550b-caf5-4912-8545-9180f1db7a91-500x353.jpg

Last edited:
Too much gs in there. Is it really that hard for Acura to design a 5 passenger car?

I was completely ready to trade in my 05 TL in 09 for the all wheel drive 4g TL, then they released the design... :mad:. 4 years later and they still haven't come close earning my $$$.

Can't wait to see how they butcher the MDX. If that happens, Honda will be the only manufacturer that doesn't produce a single vehicle that excites me. Wow.

Last edited:
not "good" enough...

For being such a niche car (import premium midsize V6 AWD luxury sports-sedan), it needs to be a distinctive design/style as well. Other V6 AWD platforms in this market segment also have V8 RWD variants, unlike Honda/Acura. A more notable design/style would make it the default choice in such a pigeon-holed coterie of models.

A slick fastback 4-door coupe design/style ala Maserati Quattroporte, MB CLS, VW CC, Hyundai Sonata, etc. would help the RLX/Legend distinguish itself from the very competitive & competent market segment it finds itself in.

The V6 AWD grouping of Audi A6 Quattro, BMW 535iX, MB E350 4MATIC, Volvo S80 T6 AWD, Infiniti M37x, Lexus GS350 AWD, and others offer V8 RWD variants (sans Volvo) to go along w/ their "prestige" & name. Not to mention the aforementioned models are such low-volume sellers, it's truly mind-boggling why Honda/Acura even go for such a micro-market (namely import premium midsize V6 AWD luxury sports-sedan).

With that said, the ~370hp & ~30mpg along w/ the enthusiast-preferred SH-AWD should make it the performer & leader of the bunch. The other V6 AWD models listed above are generally snoozers when configured in V6 AWD spec's.

FWIW, I love the refreshed '09+ Acura RL (w/ Legend front-fascia)! :D

Last edited:
more compelling now, just slightly...

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Uj0L7PK6At8
Well, I like it a lil' bit more now- ha! :p

Styling seems to be a menagerie of the 1st gen. RL (3rd gen. Legend) from '96-'04, merged w/ the current TSX/TL gen's.

Lotsa tech. in it seemingly, won't come cheap I reckon... :biggrin:

Yaaawwwwn. I'm sorry, what were we talking about? I fell asleep halfway through scrolling through the pictures.

Re: not "good" enough...

FWIW, I love the refreshed '09+ Acura RL (w/ Legend front-fascia)! :D

Not to threadcrap too much, but you might be the only one looking at the sales figures in recent years. Haven't seen a 09+ RL on the streets to date, now I know why.

<table border="3" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td style="text-align: center; vertical-align: middle;">Year</td><td style="vertical-align: middle;">
Acura RL
U.S. Sales
</td> <td style="vertical-align: middle;">
Acura RL
Canadian Sales
</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td><td style="text-align: center; vertical-align: top;">n/a </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td> <td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td><td style="text-align: center; vertical-align: top;">n/a </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td><td style="text-align: center; vertical-align: top;">333 </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td><td style="text-align: center; vertical-align: top;">475 </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td><td style="text-align: center; vertical-align: top;">231 </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td><td style="text-align: center; vertical-align: top;">158 </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td><td style="text-align: center; vertical-align: top;">157 </td></tr> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td><td style="text-align: center; vertical-align: top;">94 </td></tr> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td><td style="text-align: center; vertical-align: top;">64 </td></tr> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td><td style="text-align: center; vertical-align: middle;">56</td></tr> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top;">
2012 YTD *
</td></tr></tbody></table>

It's nice, but only nice. Aesthetically it isn't extraordinary, you wouldn't be able to see it in a crowd. It looks decent, yes the hybrid technology is likely to be quite nice but these cars are oftentimes about status, and this doesn't convey much in terms of status. It'll keep existing Acura clientele but I can't see it swaying other brand's buyers to Acura.

Also knowing Acura/Honda of late, it'll ditch the integrated exhaust and LED headlights for the production version so its as blah as can be....

Last edited:
This is why German Luxo earned my $$$.
Come on Honda...gamble a bit. Then again, the Lexus GS went too far with the front.

I can't get past the wheels...other than that its ok not aw inspiring. I wish they could bring back the old Legend & Legend coupe with updated technology.

I hate the European-compliant porpoise nose of new cars. There's no way to disguise the fat unsexy shape, and the whole deal reeks of NASCAR: everything is just the same profile with different decorations tacked on.

The designers of that car need to get kicked in the nuts.

This car is about as boring as the 2012 Civic and those wheels are hideous.

It might appeal to aging baby boomers or hip hop artists (wheels), but the design does nothing for me.

No one will accuse that car of being pretty.

Last edited:
Whomever thought it was a good idea to put a whiny man's voice in that video should be shot on the spot. Actually, Honda's entire marketing team should go too.

I want to poke my ears out with an ice pick

Perhaps they are now marketing to a new clientele.

7d281b2c-e345-47b7-852f-dc1d84d592e9.jpg

Looks like I found the inspiration for their wheel design.

Prop.jpg

^^ I realize what all your firearms are for now. It's for if some stupid Honda marketing person comes knocking on your door.

Did you know they've recently secured the rights to ILX, RLX, and a bunch of other xxX's names? They can't seem to make up their minds. Morons.

In reviewing the online reports, it appears like the wheels are not the wheels the production vehicle will have.

At least that's a small plus. If its true. Which it probably isn't as Honda < an all male circle jerk :frown:.

Whomever thought it was a good idea to put a whiny man's voice in that video should be shot on the spot. Actually, Honda's entire marketing team should go too.

I want to poke my ears out with an ice pick

Coldplay sounds terrible in that video!

:biggrin:

Back