• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2017 NSX Service Manual?

Prime Wiki offers PDF links for the original NSX at http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Service_manuals. Might anyone have access to an online service manual for a 2017?

I'd like to learn more about how to properly change the oil since it'll be quite different than on my 1991 NSX. Second, I'd like to learn how to safely remove the passenger front dash panel without fear of setting off the airbag.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there is an actual service "manual." There is only online information available on as a subscription at techinfo.honda.com

You can pay for 1 day access pretty cheap.

Thanks for the tip! I was reading the owners manual and it specifically suggests to have the car brought in for oil change service, but I would still like to learn and at least be educated.

Oil and filter change seems to be pretty straightforward. Main difference is that, instead of one drain plug, there are something like 7 of them, and one has to be opened before the others. Filter access is through the trunk. I'm planning on doing my own oil and filter changes.

bump to the top. I am preparing to work on a new NSX in a few days and would like to know if anyone has had any luck finding a service manual, as I have not!
Are service manuals available yet for the NSX?

Anyone found detailed instructions for doing an oil change? I’d like to do an oil change on my NSX before I put it away for the winter but the Acurazine link doesn’t appear to give complete information.
I’ve got one of those devices that will suck oil out of the crankcase. I wonder if that could be used to drain the oil on the NSX. I’m going to guess it won’t work since the NSX is a dry sump system but thought i’d ask anyway.
Thanks in advance.

I kinda lost interest in doing my own oil changes on the car as it appears to do anything, one needs a lift.

You just aren't going to stick it up on blocks with out problems.

Lift is no problem. I’ve got one. I was quoted between $300 and $400 for an oil change. The nearest NSX certified dealer to me (100 miles away) who has not sold one yet, claims that he can’t do an oil change because the car is too low for his lifts. I’m not sure I believe this. I wonder how he got certified to sell them if he can’t put them on a lift to change the oil. I’ve got credibility issues with the dealer who sold me the car (167 miles away). So, I’d just like to change it myself and not contend with either dealer.

Last edited:
I too would like to do oil changes myself, however it seems like it won't be as simple as the Gen1. I got a quote for $259 to do an oil change at a local dealer. Seems like a no brainer to let them do it.

Anyone found detailed instructions for doing an oil change? I’d like to do an oil change on my NSX before I put it away for the winter but the Acurazine link doesn’t appear to give complete information.
I’ve got one of those devices that will suck oil out of the crankcase. I wonder if that could be used to drain the oil on the NSX. I’m going to guess it won’t work since the NSX is a dry sump system but thought i’d ask anyway.
Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure whether there is a more detailed set of instructions available, but it really doesn't seem that much more complicated than a regular car, just more time-consuming. The extractor might work to remove the oil from the reservoir, but you still need to remove the drain bolts (7 of them) to drain the remaining. If you want, you can PM me your email and I can send you some PDFs for the oil filter change and the underbody shield removal instructions, since those are missing in that Acurazine link.

But basically, the only extra steps involve removing the underbody shield, the front trunk carpet, and the access panel in the trunk for the oil filter access. Then there are 7 oil drain plugs instead of 1.

Lift is no problem. I’ve got one. I was quoted between $300 and $400 for an oil change. The nearest NSX certified dealer to me (100 miles away) who has not sold one yet, claims that he can’t do an oil change because the car is too low for his lifts. I’m not sure I believe this. I wonder how he got certified to sell them if he can’t put them on a lift to change the oil. I’ve got credibility issues with the dealer who sold me the car (167 miles away). So, I’d just like to change it myself and not contend with either dealer.

Cant lift the car, yet they have one for sale? Wonder how they did PDI on their unsold inventory then.

Every dealer that is certified to sell and service the NSX was sent a set of Race Ramps just in case they didn’t have a lift low enough to accommodate the car.

Sounds like this dealer is pretty much saying they don’t want to work on the car.

Dude that is awesome!!!! I haven't been able to find anything on this...YouTube etc....Now I'm feeling much more confident about performing the oil change myself. The dealership is 350 km away, so its 3 hrs there, 3 hours back, plus service time.... A whole day event. This write up looks excellent. Thanx soooooo much Ryan!!!

Dude that is awesome!!!! I haven't been able to find anything on this...YouTube etc....Now I'm feeling much more confident about performing the oil change myself. The dealership is 350 km away, so its 3 hrs there, 3 hours back, plus service time.... A whole day event. This write up looks excellent. Thanx soooooo much Ryan!!!

Oil and filter change seems to be pretty straightforward.

As [MENTION=21631]Olyar15[/MENTION] states it’s a straightforward job. And the thanks should all go to him.

Absolutely. Thanx [MENTION=21631]Olyar15[/MENTION]...excellent write up and pics. Great detail!!!

Back