• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2017 Valencia at Performance Kia in Everett, WA

Hi,

Has anyone seen the used 2017 for sale at Performance Kia in Everett, WA? It is nicely optioned for the listed price. As is often the case, when a low mileage high dollar car like the NSX goes on sale at a dealership from a different manufacturer that sells much lower priced vehicles, its the personal car of the owner of the dealership or GM who is trying to sell.

Anyhow, it has 4200 miles and fitted with Pilot Sport Cup 2, so obvious question is if the owner tracked the car on a regular basis. It’s hard to tell from the photos if there’s much wear on the CC brakes, but that would be a concern if it was tracked many times. Anyhow, anyone seen the car in person? We travel to the PNW often to visit family so I may check it out. Thanks

-Eric

BTW, even though it says “new account” by my name, I’ve been on Prime off and on since 2002. I just have a really hard time keeping track of login names and passwords....lol

Last edited:
I was told by a salesman at Acura of Lynnwood that the car was purchased 2 years ago and tracked, then traded into the Kia dealership.

Not sure how reliable the information is.

Risk of purchasing car that was heavily tracked

I was told by a salesman at Acura of Lynnwood that the car was purchased 2 years ago and tracked, then traded into the Kia dealership.

Not sure how reliable the information is.

It would seem best to avoid an NSX or any supercar with CC brakes that’s seen a lot of road course time, as the brake pads, rotors, and wheel bearings experience high temperature and loading stresses. Launches at the drag strip not so bad as I believe the NSX Powertrain/DTC can handle many thousands of launch events with out problems. You all agree?

-Eric

Seems WAY overpriced, I just sold our thermal orange car for not much more than that.

. Launches at the drag strip not so bad as I believe the NSX Powertrain/DTC can handle many thousands of launch events with out problems. You all agree?

Launches....Not really, Acura development Engineer indicated that there is a launch counter within the ECU, and after 400 around launches, the transmission must be rebuilt.

CCB brake rotors replacemnet may be cheaper that a Transimmsion rebuild...

Bram

I doubt that I did more than 20 launches in the first year I've owned my car. Not really something that you do on a daily basis at stop lights.....! After all the friends and relatives have had a launch, I cant imagine doing it more than that through the life of the car. So, if you do the math, 400/20 = 20 years before rebuild. I drove 1800 miles in year one, but hoping to drive more in the future, so 2k miles per year X 20 = 40K miles in those 20 years?( If I keep the car until I'm 80) This is why supercars with low miles retain more value I suppose. But all cars are consumables. The more you use it the less it is worth. Certainly tracking a car will decrease it's value if an owner will actually disclose how much it was tracked.... And, I don't think that tracking the car necessarily increases the number of launches?
On the launch effect, I've heard that the use of electric motors in the launch helps to soften the initial blow to the drive train, and is less demanding on the system than a conventional set up. When you launch, you get this electric motor "lurch" for 10 ft or so that allows the ICU to spool up and hit hard...... Kind of a strange experience, but brutally effective.......

And I have to wonder how many high end high $$ supercars are actually taken to the track? I doubt many Ferrari's and Lambos are thrashed at the track 6 times per year? The exception may be the Porsche guys that aren't afraid to drive their cars...... McLaren's too. They seem to be as much race car as street car and likely see more track time. Having vintage raced for 12 years in the past, I am really wanting to drive and experience my NSX at the track at least once to see what the car can really do at the limits - something you can't really do on the street. Once would probably be enough? Driving the car that hard is tough on the car and not what I bought the car for.

. Launches at the drag strip not so bad as I believe the NSX Powertrain/DTC can handle many thousands of launch events with out problems. You all agree?

Launches....Not really, Acura development Engineer indicated that there is a launch counter within the ECU, and after 400 around launches, the transmission must be rebuilt.

CCB brake rotors replacemnet may be cheaper that a Transimmsion rebuild...

Bram

I was also told there is a Launch Counter, and I was also told that 400 Launches triggers an event. But the event isn’t a transmission rebuild; rather, just a clutch replacement. (“JUST” a clutch replacement.)

With a Launch at a mere 2,500rpm*, it’s hard to envision that an NSX transmission would be shot after 400 of them. And if the argument is that the transmission can’t handle the 1st-gear-to-second-gear torque after 400 times at full throttle using LC, then the same would be true if you DIDN’T use LC, and just nailed it from 1st at WOT.

Thoughts?

*Huracán Launches at 4,250rpm, while the 488 launches at a more survivable 3,000rpm. My Lamborghini dealer said “No more than three Launches in a row before you should . . . ahem . . . ‘Take a break’.” The NSX will do Launches back-to-back ALL. DAY. LONG.

Back