• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2018 Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona

Acura surprised us last month by offering to provide an NSX Corral at the Rolex 24 next week for our NSXCA members. All of the complimentary tickets have been snapped up and we are looking forward to a great turnout.

There are 3 NSXs racing along with two new Acura prototype entries. The prototypes are being run by Penske and the GT3 entries will see two being raced through the Michael Shank Team and one through the HART team. The HART team is made up of a "volunteer" group of engineers who actually helped design the car. More info on HART may be found here: https://www.imsa.com/news/012018/harts-volunteer-acura-team-ready-take-worlds-best-rolex-24

I don't know whether Acura will be trying to do a meet and greet for us but I know Michael Shank as well as Ryan Eversley who is one of the drivers of the HART entry and can try to work out a time for our group to meet them

This is a new opportunity for the Club since Acura has not provided a corral for us since the ALMS over ten years ago so congrats to all those who were able to get in on the freebies! This will be my 11th Rolex 24 so if anyone has any questions about best places to see the race and get photo ops let me know.

Here is a track map for the Rolex 24 setup:

i-622ZMRk-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Just a quick follow up:

For anyone who wants to meet Michael Shank and get a close up look at his GT3 entries, I can take a group over either 11:15 am on Friday 1/26.

Last edited:
I will be interviewing and photographing the HART team for NSX Driver and Ryan Eversley would like to try to get a group pic with us and the HART NSX at some point after lunch on Friday 1/26.

I would love to hear how this Car Corral went and see any pics if they are available yet!

This was a last minute thing done for us by Acura so the corral was outside the grandstands but right near the entrance to the grandstands as well as the tram to the infield. Acura wants to add to the experience in the future but for a first time and last minute item we had many members treated to free parking and free race tickets. Acura also arranged autograph sessions with the drivers and I set up meet and greets with Michael Shank and the HART team.

This was a last minute thing done for us by Acura so the corral was outside the grandstands but right near the entrance to the grandstands as well as the tram to the infield. Acura wants to add to the experience in the future but for a first time and last minute item we had many members treated to free parking and free race tickets. Acura also arranged autograph sessions with the drivers and I set up meet and greets with Michael Shank and the HART team.
Awesome, yes, I wish I could have made it to the event because I helped extend invitations to a few of the Non-NSX attendees. I believe one of my friends drove his black Integra and another drove a red 1989 Legend coupe. Hope everyone had a good time!

Back