• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

25 Years

It is amazing to think that Ayrton Senna left this world a quarter of a century ago.

I saw him drive, and he is the greatest I ever saw. Fangio, Schu, Vettel and Hamilton may be better, but he was the best I ever saw. Oddly, his involvement in the NSX development has always been a side note to me.

Whenever I see or read a story about the weekend in Imola, I keep thinking and hoping the outcome will change and like Bobby Ewing, will all be a dream.

RIP.

It is amazing to think that Ayrton Senna left this world a quarter of a century ago.

I saw him drive, and he is the greatest I ever saw....

That is really special that you were able to see him in action. Not everyone gets to say that. When and which track was it? Just curious.

I saw him drive at all three USGPs in Phoenix, AZ. He was pure, god given driving talent. In today’s environment he would probably be labeled as mercurial. He was serious about winning, was miserable when he didn’t.
But he could step into the cockpit of any car and drive it faster from the get go.

I got to watch Senna in his heyday in the the late 80's-early 90's in Montreal. He was without a doubt, the best of his generation.

Back