• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2nd Annual Chicago Area Fall Picnic & Group Drive

It's time for the Fall Picnic!

I was thinking we could go for a repeat of last year, only MORE NSXs! (we had 13 last time :biggrin: )

Delnor Woods in St. Charles for a picnic. Then group drive through the rolling hills of the countryside, using the same route as last year. Maybe add a dinner and drinks location for afterward. Country House in Geneva maybe?

I'd like some input from the group on the plan for activities, and also dates. I want to lock in the facility hold by Tuesday, September 10.

Available Dates for Delnor Woods facility include:
Saturday, Sept 22nd.
Sunday, Sept 23rd.
Saturday, Sept 29th. (I have a soft hold on this date)
Sunday, Sept 30th.

The picnic grounds have bathroom facilities, a giant pavilion, a playground for kids, large field for dogs, and a waterfall and walking path. It's a great event if you want to bring the whole family.

There will not be a conflict with NSXPO this year. BUT if you can't make it to NSXPO, this is a great chance to meet the rest of the NSXers in the area.

Some links from last year...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75321

And the facilities...

http://www.st-charlesparks.org/links/delnorwoodspark.htm

Sunday's are always better for me, but didn't we do it in October last year? I'm only asking because of the potential for better fall colors later in the year...

Dave

Hey Dave -

Last year, we held the event on Saturday, October 7th, which was a conflict with NSXPO.

We could do it either October 13 or 14, or the next weekend, October 20 or 21.
But my thinking was that people might be NSX-ed out after NSXPO. And weather does tend to get more rainy the longer into the season you push it.

It sounds like Rae and Randy both are going to a Putnam Park Track event on the 29-30th, so that might eliminate that weekend 'cause we like them :biggrin:

Sunday, September 23rd is looking like a strong contender right now, but lets hear from a few more folks before we lock this in...

Dave & I would love to come and bring the dogs, but Saturdays are my only day off. What about Sept 22? Sean, could you bring my cooler? LOL!!

Frank. Got a wedding to attend on Sept. 29th, plus its my Anniversary that day.

So no hold on that day.:biggrin:

Hi Frank, checked with the boss and she says nothing planned for the later part of Sept. so count me in for two on any of the dates you picked.
Tony-green '94

Hey Tony -

We've been trying to get a green NSX out to one of our meets for a long time!
You don't live around Schaumburg, do you? I've seen one around there multiple times but have never been going in the same direction.

As far as dates, it looks like the 29-30th is out.

So that leaves us with either Saturday, September 22nd or Sunday, September 23rd. Rae or Dave, I'm going to need one of you to step forward on this one, 'cause I don't like playing favorites :biggrin:
Seriously, that weekend is only a couple of weeks away, so the sooner I can lock this in, the better.

Also, does someone still have the grill from last year? Bob and Sean, still haven't heard from you guys yet...

Nope, I live in the Hales Corners area of Milwaukee, south west side of the city. My car has a R hood and wing, light gold wheels. We first met at Downers Grove and I was at Elkhart for the ALM. Looking forward to meeting more of the "local" group and a nice country drive.

Oh...hey Tony. I didn't know what your handle was on PRIME. I was surprised how heavily modified your car was when I saw it at the AMLS. Type R hood and wing, Type R suspension, etc. Nice work.

See if you can convince a few more of the Wisconsin crowd to drive up too.

I can go on Saturday the 22nd, but I work until 2:00. Can it be in the afternoon?

Dave

Hey Tony -
We've been trying to get a green NSX out to one of our meets for a long time!
You don't live around Schaumburg, do you? I've seen one around there multiple times but have never been going in the same direction.

As far as dates, it looks like the 29-30th is out.

So that leaves us with either Saturday, September 22nd or Sunday, September 23rd. Rae or Dave, I'm going to need one of you to step forward on this one, 'cause I don't like playing favorites :biggrin:
Seriously, that weekend is only a couple of weeks away, so the sooner I can lock this in, the better.

Also, does someone still have the grill from last year? Bob and Sean, still haven't heard from you guys yet...

I would have loved to attend to this event. Unfortunately I wont be here in Chicago on that date. :frown:

Are there any get togethers this weekend? If so, I can take a cab and meet wherever and we all can grab something to drink or something. :It seems like Chicago is big on beers. :biggrin:

I'm staying between Clark Street and Broadway.

Feel free to post message me anyone, so I can get in contact with you via phone. :wink:

-Andy

What about Sept 22? Sean, could you bring my cooler? LOL!!

Sure, including the drinks and leftovers!!:tongue: :eek:

Sept 22nd looks good for me. Any date that doesn't coincide with NSXPO is cool with me. PM me and let me know what you'd like me to do.

Sean

I put the hold on the pavilion for Saturday, September 22nd. This date was chosen based on the avail of the most people.

For people that can't make this event, we can talk about a "Fall Colors" drive some time in October. I know Sean has his own secret driving road, and Bob had mentioned a drive up to the Quaker Steak & Lube in Indiana.

Who ended up with the grill from last year?

OK, 22nd it is then. Could you give some directions for us out of towners and some sort of timetable so I don't miss the food? Also I want to mention that for those that can't make the Expo (like me), the Chicago Alfa Clubalso hosts its fall challenge open track weekend at Road America Oct. 6&7. If you can't make expo, maybe you can do one of the two weekend days and at least do some high speed touring. If I recall $90 for either day, nice group, been going there for years. I don't know if I'll take my track car, but I probably will go one day just to have fun with the NSX.

I am in for the 22nd, no conflict with NSXPO; which I just booked.
I have the grill, charcoal and the starter fluid that Steve donated last year.:biggrin:
How big a day? Last year we stared at breakfast, then proceeded to the park, picnic, drive and some even went on to dinner.
Directions and a map would be helpful given the trouble some had finding the park, including me.

Hey Bob, I just signed up for NSXPO too! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

My arm was twisted hard enough! :tongue:

I'll be there on the 22nd.

Brian

Sorry for the late chime-in, wife and I just returned from Europe. I believe we're free, we'll make baby arrangements for the 22nd!!

I went and checked out the park this weekend. Still in fine shape.

I also drove the route to make sure it was clear of construction. All clear.

For those that are interested, there is a great photo op right on the Fox River just a mile from the park. Might be fun to do a group shot on the way to the group drive.

As far as other activities on the day, we can either do a breakfast meet in the morning, or a dinner after the drive. I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on this. Personally, I'm voting for dinner at the Country House. They have outdoor seating, and it's not too far from the end of the group drive (Country House is in Geneva).

Hi Frank, I'd go for the dinner as, depending upon the time of it, I would have to get going fairly early to make breakfast. It would be easier to meet at the park, especially if I can find some other NSXers from Wisconsin to join me on the ride down. And speaking of the park, what's the arrangement for food. What can we bring to help out, sounds like you will have the grill. Also, are you going to take donations for the cost of the park? Let me know what I can do. I was able to down load some directions for the general roads and the park from the links on the info from last year. Tony

Back