• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2nd gen owners help, I have a rattle in my door just started today.

This is the kind of stuff that i hate and can ruin a car for me, I have an obnoxious rattle that just started in my drivers door around the tweeter and where the memory buttons are. I remember someone saying something about a rattle in the door. Anyone else have this.

just sucks to have this problem this soon........

There is a thread on this in the Gen 2 Private Forum

That Shin-Etsu Silicone Grease is awesome stuff. I use that on all the weatherstripping for my NA2. Keeps them like new!

I just got the grease from AMAZON to fix mine.

Kinda sounds like cellophane being crumpled up to me.

It is loud sounds like its coming from the silver plastic area where you pull the door as well. Did anyone ever find a fix for the wind noise? Just so weird that it happens a week into ownership kind of worries me a little. I love the car just hope It stays stiff and rattle free after this.

Thanks guys for the replies i really appreciate it.

Not familiar with the vibration sound coming from the aluminum door pull area

The vibration is typically heard at speed and when going over bumps

Acura really has great service they have offered to flat bed the car and leave me a loaner which isn't necessary. They also say they re aware of the issue and have fixes so I am happy and confident it will get taken care of.

I would not let this deter you from buying this car it truly is an amazing machine and with this level of service no worries.

I'm sure it will be OK. Like I said in the PM; I've had no wind noise or door rattle issues. Just over 800 miles on the clock and I drive crappy Houston roads and do not baby it. The two cars I drove at NSX Insider Experience last week both had over 10K miles on them and they are getting thrashed constantly and were tight as a drum. Will be curious to know what they find out for future reference. So keep us posted. If you can swing it, do the NSX Insider Experience. You can thrash their car a lot harder (safely) on the TRC facilities than you can on any track.

This is the kind of stuff that i hate and can ruin a car for me, I have an obnoxious rattle that just started in my drivers door around the tweeter and where the memory buttons are. I remember someone saying something about a rattle in the door. Anyone else have this.

just sucks to have this problem this soon........

i have a 2016 corvette stingray that i am leasing and the car has a lot o rattles every day i hear a new one. now with the rattles showing up on your car i don't know if i will be buying a 2017 nsx .

With 66 miles on my car I've noticed some wind noise from both sides and a little rattle on the drivers side at 50mph. It's not that big of a deal for me and for people to not buy a car because of such a minuscule issue is surprising. I had a 2004 Lotus Esprit before and if you want to know rattles, squeaks, and knocks are like drive one of those. One of the main biggest let's holding the body together was loose and the you could feel the shell moving over speed bumps. I guess I've become immune to the little noises.

i have a 2016 corvette stingray that i am leasing and the car has a lot o rattles every day i hear a new one. now with the rattles showing up on your car i don't know if i will be buying a 2017 nsx .

I would not let that stop you from buying the car The Acura service is superb. Compared to the corvette where GM was denying the stingray was overheating which it even did on road tests for Motor Trend magazine I believe and was left inoperable. Also remember all of the new Z06 owners over the last 2 years that were having there cars overheat in traffic and all of the catastrophic engine failures on the corvette ZO6? The car couldn't even finish the best sports car shoot out.

Some people just left the dealership with their new $100k plus vette and the engine basically exploded. I personally saw 3 corvettes on flat beds here in FL due to this issue during the first year.

Do you remember all of the angry owners who bought the ZO6 because GM claimed it was a track ready car and when they took it to the track after a few laps there cars overheated?

They actually confronted GM engineer Tadge Juchter in person and on forums over this issue and all GM did Was lie and cover up and eventually come up with a halfassed fix.

You will not have that problem with Acura because they actually care and an NSX owner is not just a number to them and most of the rattles if not all have been resolved and I am confident mine will to.

Last edited:
I would not let that stop you from buying the car The Acura service is superb. Compared to the corvette where GM was denying the stingray was overheating which it even did on road tests for Motor Trend magazine I believe and was left inoperable. Also remember all of the new Z06 owners over the last 2 years that were having there cars overheat in traffic and all of the catastrophic engine failures on the corvette ZO6? The car couldn't even finish the best sports car shoot out.

Some people just left the dealership with their new $100k plus vette and the engine basically exploded. I personally saw 3 corvettes on flat beds here in FL due to this issue during the first year.

Do you remember all of the angry owners who bought the ZO6 because GM claimed it was a track ready car and when they took it to the track after a few laps there cars overheated?

They actually confronted GM engineer Tadge Juchter in person and on forums over this issue and all GM did Was lie and cover up and eventually come up with a halfassed fix.

You will not have that problem with Acura because they actually care and an NSX owner is not just a number to them and most of the rattles if not all have been resolved and I am confident mine will to.

i agree with you about the zo6 corvette but right now i have a car that rattles very day with new ones. acura will fix the rattle on the door but will not be able to fix the wind noise problem because that is the way the pillars were built. i wish you good luck.

I find it hard to believe the the noise/leak can't be fixed with a proper fitting remold of the side glass.... or proper gaskets...

My BMW i8 has not a rattle, of course it has huge amount of the carbon fiber which is strong and light as hell. No window noises either. That being said the first nsx I heard a huge amount of wind noise and the tranny shifted slow. The i8 is like the mclaren in that the whole tub is carbon fiber. Surprised the nsx is not built that way, saves wight and less rattles.

The second time, different car I didn't notice any of those issues. A $100k plus car should not have rattles or wind noise. I'm sure they will fix it for you. Still trying to dump my i8. Not easy.

thanks, i think they will fix it as well. Seems like they are really on top of it. The rattles are caused by plastic pieces near the aluminum as well as in the tweeter area in the door. The wind noise is from improper adjustment and placement of seals all things they should be able to fix. The frame itself is very stiff they just should have insulated the plastic pieces better.

The I8 is a really cool car and not a bad thing to be stuck with.

I am glad they are sorting things out. One doesn’t simply fix things on a six figure car with a freaking q-tip and a bottle of lube.:confused:

The i8 technology is truly amazing considering it's a 3 cylinder turbo and electric engine and it has 75% of the performance of an nsx and gets 40 to 50 mpg and can go 20 miles pure electric.

Just don't love the look of it. Car is built like bank vault and drives like a hot knife through butter, but overall is boring.

i guess it's really a first world problem in reality

acura will fix the rattle on the door but will not be able to fix the wind noise problem because that is the way the pillars were built.

We absolutely can fix it. Whether it’s new seals, adjusting the glass, and/or the door itself...this is a fixable issue. Just so long as there’s an understanding that once past say, 85+mph, not to expect S-Class silence. The aero design elements of the NSX moves a lot of air around that most cars don’t have to deal with.

We absolutely can fix it. Whether it’s new seals, adjusting the glass, and/or the door itself...this is a fixable issue. Just so long as there’s an understanding that once past say, 85+mph, not to expect S-Class silence. The aero design elements of the NSX moves a lot of air around that most cars don’t have to deal with.

Absolutely understood, the wind noise was just a bit much around that tweeter area like I said before so much so at 70 plus mph it was hard to carry on a conversation. Even at lower speeds 50mph you could hear it. we kept rolling down and up the windows because we though they were not all the way up.

But I am confident it will be taken care of.

Absolutely understood, the wind noise was just a bit much around that tweeter area like I said before so much so at 70 plus mph it was hard to carry on a conversation. Even at lower speeds 50mph you could hear it. we kept rolling down and up the windows because we though they were not all the way up.

But I am confident it will be taken care of.

Is your dealer replacing the seal? You should see the box it comes in. The seal comes as you see it on the car in a form fit foam mold, which is in a huge flat cardboard box, which is in a shielded/vacuum sealed bag, which is in another huge flat cardboard box. You’d think there was a 60” TV in there. That same type of seal for any other Honda/Acura? Wadded up and stuffed into a thin plastic bag.

Service and repairs of the NSX are trying to be executed at a higher level than what has been the norm for Acura dealers.

Back