• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3M CF Wrap Service, wrap anything in CF at dramatic savings

Why pay ridiculous costs just to get replica CF parts that have fitment issues or crack, discolor, etc....

Use OEM parts and let us wrap it in 3M's newest matte CF film. It's a strong 4 year vinyl guaranteed to last in most conditions. We just used this same material to wrap the roof and possibilities are endless.

Wrap anything from a side mirror, fog light cover, plastic dash, cosmetic engine pieces!

Here are a few examples of what can be done with NSX engine tidbits:

(keep watching this thread as we have a lot of s2000, nsx, m3, ISF parts that are going to be done soon)

PM or email me pictures for a quote on parts you'd like done. Of course we need you to send in the pieces when time comes but will try my best to do it within 2-3 days.

email: [email protected]

IMG_5586.jpg

IMG_5587.jpg

Re: 3M CF Wrap Service, wrap anything in CF at dramatic savings!

This is an example of the 2002+ NSX airbox re-covered in carbon fiber! This can be done for $140 (fraction of cost of an actual CF box)

IMG_5590.jpg

Example of all the pieces installed in the nSX engine bay:

IMG_5591.jpg

Email us for any questions: [email protected]

A few months of driving shows no affect on the 3M CF wrap material so it's holding up well to the heat. I have some more parts wrapped including a 2002+ NSX dash and some interior trim....

Will try to snap some pics once the rain clears out here.

rick

A few months of driving shows no affect on the 3M CF wrap material so it's holding up well to the heat. I have some more parts wrapped including a 2002+ NSX dash and some interior trim....

rick

I'm interested in seeing these pieces. I'm still interested in getting the center console piece done.

rick

I don't want to ruin your excitement, but how many hours or miles of drivings?

Rick.
Do you wrap the whole car? If so how much? I have some rock chips and been thinking of getting the whole car wrap. I've saw some horrible Carbon Fiber wrapped before but yours look decent and the lines seem very straight. You may PM me the price if you like. Thankx

I don't want to ruin your excitement, but how many hours or miles of drivings?
The wrap should be very durable. I have vinyl wrap on my beater for 18 month, 22k miles of driving so far. Just my .02 for those who are concerned. After all it is 3M, quality stuff.

Rick's wrap looks awesome, if he was in the area, I would so have my interior trims wrapped.

Last edited:

The wrap should be very durable. I have vinyl wrap on my beater for 18 month, 22k miles of driving so far. Just my .02 for those who are concerned. After all it is 3M, quality stuff.

Rick's wrap looks awesome, if he was in the area, I would so have my interior trims wrapped.

nsxsupra: thanks for chiming in! :cool:

Side-note: This stuff is super durable as long as you are not wrapping your headers or any other high heat items. I saw them demo this material at SEMA this year and the lady on purpose peeled off the backing and with the sticky side exposed, she had a guy crumple it into a ball. Next with a heat gun they slowly heated the material and it returned to it's normal shape ready to use again! I couldn't believe my eyes! :eek:

I have this same material on my Lexus IS-F roof and rear exhaust diffuser area. I also had the front fog lights / flippers wrapped. My next project is to get the interior dash pieces wrapped.

PM me if you want to discuss your project as the applications are limitless!

here's some pics of my IS-F:
IMG_5432.jpg

IMG_5578.jpg

IMG_5429.jpg

IMG_5388.jpg

There is a guy that did his GTR in this German CF wrap.

His partner did his 335 coupe in brushed metal finish...........

Sorry to get off topic, but do you have any pictures of these cars?

Sorry to get off topic, but do you have any pictures of these cars?

No.

I might have their business card somewhere.

I'm sure I'll see them again at the car meets in Santana Row where there are some exotic stuff there.

The Brushed metal finish evens feels like it with the grain.

S4play - Thanks for answering part of my question in email yesterday but I didn't get a response to the 2nd part (afair).

e.g. how much material would be needed ($$) to wrap the t-top? Ignore how it might 'look'.. I have the CF B-pillars already..

Thanks!

S4play - Thanks for answering part of my question in email yesterday but I didn't get a response to the 2nd part (afair).

e.g. how much material would be needed ($$) to wrap the t-top? Ignore how it might 'look'.. I have the CF B-pillars already..

Thanks!

Sorry oops - my guess is 3-4 square feet of material should be enough as it comes in 48" widths and 12" increments.

rick

Hi Rick,

How is the material standing up to the elements / washing and rock chips please?

Have you investigated / know whether it can be satin lacquered?

Have you any plans to cover the full CF parts like the RWG to match the parts you've wrapped? IMO it looks better than the gloss parts.

Can you advise how much would be needed to cover an OEM set of door mirrors.

I'm looking forward to seeing the interior parts.

regards, Paul

No issues with durability - it's held up to everything and no chips on my Lexus and it's got this material in the most abusive area (lower front lips and fog light covers) - this stuff is super tough for sure! :biggrin:

We have wrapped quite a few NSX pieces with great success so please PM me the parts you need. We've done:

Door Side Guards, Engine Trim, Dash, Headlights, Spoiler, Roof, hood, fog light covers, etc....

I've done quite a few sets of door mirrors too, check out the pictures above!

Hi Rick,

How is the material standing up to the elements / washing and rock chips please?

Have you investigated / know whether it can be satin lacquered?

Have you any plans to cover the full CF parts like the RWG to match the parts you've wrapped? IMO it looks better than the gloss parts.

Can you advise how much would be needed to cover an OEM set of door mirrors.

I'm looking forward to seeing the interior parts.

regards, Paul

Rick,
Can you wrap my snorkel once its done? :biggrin:

Sure no problem - hit me up when you are ready!

I have a lot of NSX pieces being done right now, will post some pictures when I get a breather. The NSX dash can be done very nicely - I plan to do mine one of these days.

We wrapped a dash for a fellow prime member so hopefully he will reveal himself or post some pics! :biggrin:

Can you post the NSX dash wrap sample? I'm very interested in the service for another vehicle I"m currently working on.

Thanks!

Sure things once I get a chance!

**I have one OEM 2002+ NSX dash piece perfectly wrapped in CF that we did and now is for sale.

Price is $500 complete for the unit wrapped.....no core exchange.

PM me if interested :)

Sure things once I get a chance!

**I have one OEM 2002+ NSX dash piece perfectly wrapped in CF that we did and now is for sale.

Price is $500 complete for the unit wrapped.....no core exchange.

PM me if interested :)

Photos???

How well does this wrap hold up to the temps in a engine bay? Being I have a turbo in my engine bay I'd like to make sure there is some sort of a guarantee that it wont peal off/melt, etc. If so PM me and I'll send my items out (they aren't NSX related if that matters) but all the pieces I want wrapped are some hard honda plastics.

Sorry the NSX dash was sold literally same day so didn't have time to take pictures.

We just covered a set of OEM NSX door sills (plastic ones) and look pretty good, I will take some pics of those tonight!

The NSX door sills are for sale!

rick

Back