• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3M Scotchcal Protective Paint Film?

Phoenix,
I know how bright and tough the sun can be out there.
How old is your install and how does it hold up color wise?
By the way, as for laying down, the heat of your locale should make the install only get better over time.

pbassjo: I had the film installed on my NSX and Mustang last October (toward the end of summer here). You are correct that the heat is an advantage in curing the film, as I was advised to leave the film exposed to the sun for about a day after installation. So far it has held up very well, but the real test will be this summer (110+ degree temps but I do not expect any problems). I've washed my cars several times, and there have been no issues with scratches/peeling whatsover (and it gets *quite* dusty here!). There's been no effect on color; the film remains invisible while the red (NSX) & black (Mustang) paint retain that "just washed & waxed" appearance. I am very impressed by the performance of this product so far, and would not hesitate to use it again.

Back