• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

4th annual NSXPrime Canyon Drive!!! >>>Sunday, June 27th.

Just to chime in my thanks to John and Tina for all their hard work and dedication to putting on these events. Every one always seems professionally planned. Perhaps you should ditch dents and do event planning instead. ;) Thanks also goes out to Marc and Craig for leading the packs and keeping our gigantic group together.

My thoughts also go out to the guys from Phoenix. Hope everything works out for the best.

Thanks to John and Tina for orginizing such a great event and to everyone else involved in the process of the event...You are truely appriciated!!! Had a great time seeing some old faces and meeting some new faces and ofcourse the driving was a blast..even the caravan to and from the event was fun:D

Thoughts and prayers to all those involved in the accident....may you all have a full and speedy recovery.

Thanks!

I just wanted to chime in and say Thanks to the organizers as well as all of the attendees involved in this event. This was my first NSX Drive and it won't be my last! I had a blast (even though I was almost a statistic when I lost 3 lugs on Latigo!). I was able to catch up with the group and enjoy the rest of the day a truly great group of people.

I look forward to meeting more of you soon!

-Kato:D

Thanks to everyone that helped organize the '04 PrimeDrive and a special thanks to Tina and John for their enduring dedication and friendship to the NSX owners.

Thanks to SOS for their gracious gifts for the raffle and for helping sponsor the event.

Thanks to Yvonne for the great design of the '04 PrimeDrive T-shirts. They looked good in the pictures, they look even better in person!! If you haven't bought one, ya better get one before they're all sold out, if they haven't been already!

It was great to see Lud and the Arizona group making the long trip West for the event.

Our hearts go out to all involved!

/Scott and Linda

John, Tina, Marc and Greg. Thank you guys for your hard work.
Its amazing how much planning you guys did to put this event together. John and Tina, you guys are awesome!! Thank you again for organizing the Prime drive.

My prayers are with Kelvin and Frank for a speedy recovery. Kelvin, if you need any help let me know, I know you have helped many people in the NSX community. Now let others help you.

Someone mentioned about the lost of a NSX. I say its not the car that makes the man, but its the man who makes the car.

It was great to see old and new faces. I hope to see you all soon.

Chad, thanks for the call. Yes, I was super tired. I must have had ten green teas. With lots of green teas and good conversation from my co-piot, I made it home safely. And Yes!, we do have to play some golf soon!!!!!! It too! much fun, not too! =)

I'm not the first, but I'm sure I won't be the last to thank John and Tina for their hard work in organizing this event. It was my first Prime Canyon Drive and it was well worth getting up at the crack of dawn to attend. Thank's to Mark for leading the pack and not getting too far ahead of us. Im sure it took some restraint on his part. Best wishes on a speedy recovery to Kelvin and Frank. Hat's off to the AZ group for their dedication and hope you made it home in one piece. Get some sleep. K2, put me down for a round of golf. Thanks again for everything from Nick and myself at Applied Motorsports.

There are so many things in my mine, I don't know how to start, but first of all, a great big thank goes out to all (John, Tina, Marc, Craig, Greg, David D. and Eric) that made this annual event happen. I don't think we should ever stop doing it.

I have to say it struck a nerve when Craig mentioned in the driver's meeting that there is going to be at least one incident in every event. I think statistic is stacked against this group of wonderful people with this very limited production car.

The accident saddened all of us when it happened halfway through the drive. My prayers are with all that are involved. I couldn't help thinking what was happening to them and what they have to deal with in the future especially with a third party involved.

I think autocrosses are much saver and we have done that with great success and turnout. Even track events, with proper instruction, could be safe and fun...without tickets and oncoming traffic.

May be I'm speaking out of my butt not knowing the cost of track rental and the liability of hosting track events, but is it possible for NSXCA SW chapter to host a track event? I can think of a few qualified instructors and I know they'd love to help. I understand the term "Track" may sound intimidating, but the roads are wider, no unexpected blind turns and tracks like Pahrump and Streets of Willow are quite safe. Just an idea.

Yesterday's drive was a blast. After dinner, I washed my car until it was too dark to see. Tonight I'll apply a fresh coat of Zaino to keep her looking prrrty. I think I'm ready for Speedventures/Willow Springs on 7/10. Anyone else?

I would just like to give my thanks to John, Tina and EVERYONE else involved for putting on such an excellently organized, wonderfully executed event. This was me and my wifes first Coastal run and we both loved it! It was really great meeting new faces and seeing some of the familiar faces again!

We hope those involved in the accident are doing well and we shall see them very soon at another event! Our prayers are with you.

Randy, Wanna trade now, or would you like to go for whats behind door number 2?

I can't say enough about how fun all four of the Prime Drives have been. Seeing them grow from 17 cars to 50+ just boggles the mind. It becomes very clear what major behind-the-scene work needs to be done to insure fun and excitement for everyone that participates. For John, Tina, and everyone else that was involved in ways both major and minor, I would like to say a big "Thank You!!!".

And once again, I must say one of the best aspects of these yearly events is running into new people in the NSX community, as well as attaching faces to (user)names. It was great meeting you.

And lastly, I must also join in with everyone else in extending my sincere concern for those involved in the accident. I truly hope all ends up well for both parties.

-Randy

NemesisX said:
Randy, Wanna trade now, or would you like to go for whats behind door number 2?
Kevin,

Hmmm, interesting offering, but remember, I still have a picture that hasn't been deleted yet. ;) I might be in a better bargaining position. :D

-Randy

CDub said:
Yesterday's drive was a blast. After dinner, I washed my car until it was too dark to see.
Man, now I feel really lazy - got gas, went to the market for groceries, went home sat around, never ate dinner, didn't wash the car then passed out from emotions and exhaustion.

I think that a CalCoastal NSX private track day (or even our own run group at a speedventures or other open track event) is the logical next step, especially for those who want to improve their driving skill. The NSX is a trickier car than most to drive at the limit due to its mid-engine design.

CDub said:

....but is it possible for NSXCA SW chapter to host a track event? I can think of a few qualified instructors and I know they'd love to help. I understand the term "Track" may sound intimidating, but the roads are wider, no unexpected blind turns and tracks like Pahrump and Streets of Willow are quite safe. Just an idea.

Last edited:
NSXTC said:
Although the latest info regarding yesterday's accident points not toward a lack of driver skill, but instead to a possible mechnical failure, I think that a CalCoastal NSX private track day (or even our own run group at a speedventures or other open track event) is the logical next step, especially for those who want to improve their driving skill. The NSX is a trickier car than most to drive at the limit due to its mid-engine design.
A private track day would be a cool idea. I wouldn't mind a track day with only NSX's. The remainder of this year is booked up at Willow Springs. Buttonwillow currently has an open day per their calendar on the 19th of December. It's $3,800.00 per day for the full track + we would need to secure a $5,000,000.00 liability insurance policy. Could we use the the NSXCA insurance for this?

My helmet is ready.................

ss_md said:
A private track day would be a cool idea. I wouldn't mind a track day with only NSX's. The remainder of this year is booked up at Willow Springs. Buttonwillow currently has an open day per their calendar on the 19th of December. It's $3,800.00 per day for the full track + we would need to secure a $5,000,000.00 liability insurance policy. Could we use the the NSXCA insurance for this?

ss_md said:
It's $3,800.00 per day for the full track , .......

Thanks for the information! I guess if we can find 30+ people, it can potential cost each person $130. That's a bargain with that number of cars. Can you imagine with 30 cars, we'll have so much track time that you'll drive till you have enough.

Button Willow is a great track that is also very car friendly (no walls except the front straight) as well.

Perhaps we can make use of the monthly meetings and request a qualified instructor to give us a 30 min. classroom training each month to prepare for the event towards the end of the year. Steve?

If there is enough interest, may be we can start a new thread.

NSXTC said:
..... I think that a CalCoastal NSX private track day (or even our own run group at a speedventures or other open track event) is the logical next step, especially for those who want to improve their driving skill. The NSX is a trickier car than most to drive at the limit due to its mid-engine design.

I know of one very skill driver that can show us the lines already. ;)

John, Tina, Marc, Craig, Greg, Eric, Dave/Lesley, and everyone else involved in the planning and organization of this event -- THANK YOU SO MUCH. Keri and I had an absolute BLAST! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

It was great seeing everyone (especially the Arizona gang!) The NSX gang is the best!!!

Thank goodness everyone is OK. You are all in my thoughts.

--Conrad & Keri

Last edited:
Thanks JOHN & Co. for a fantastic event! Mitchell and I had a great time! I'd love to cruise the public roads again or explore the limits at the track with the help of some experienced drivers. Either way, the result is more seat time in the NSX.

Hope those involved in the incident are doing well...any update on them?

Thanks Again, Mike

We're okay

Hi all, I just got home not too long ago, but I wanted to post a brief update just to let everyone know that my brother and I are okay, and I believe the people in the other party are also going to be okay, thankfully. Thank you all for your concern and well wishes. I am sorry to put such a damper on things, especially for John and Tina who worked so hard on this event. :(

I will post more later, thanks again everyone.

Hi Kelvin
Glad to hear you and your brother are ok, we were worried about you guy's.
Don't let this get you down, the car can be replaced.
That is what we have insurance for, you guy's are the ones that count.
Take care
Brian.

Thank you everyone for your concern. My deep gratitude goes out to Seth, Yvonne, Chris, Heather, Ross and your friend Brian, Brian K, and the dentist who stopped to help out a great deal, as well as everyone else who have provided support during the difficult times.

The best part about the NSX is the people, and we truly have the best NSX family around.

Thank you again and God Bless.

kelvin-
despite still being in shock over the whole thing, i'm really glad to hear you and your brother are ok!

thanks again to everyone involved in making the event run so smooth!! it was really good to see everyone again!!

-mike

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who posted, contacted us, or came by to check on us. The NSX community is truly the best.

I also want to thank John & Jeff of Acura S/B for their generous hospitality during our trip.

I don't want to speculate on the cause of the accident until the investigation is finished, and I appreciate the discretion on everyone else's part as well.

My thoughts and prayers are with the other family, I hope they are able to recover and move on with their lives as soon as possible.

Just to update everyone on our condition, Frank is recovering from a slight concussion, but he is expected to be fine according to the CAT scan and x-rays. I had a dislocated left knee, and received stitches for lacerations on my knee and left hand. My shoulder and ribs are sore and bruised from the seat belt, but I am otherwise fine and in good spirits.

Thanks again for your concern, and we will share all the details once the investigation has concluded.

Take care, and God bless.

I can finally breathe a sigh of relief knowing that you and Frank are OK and back to the comfort of your own home.

Please do not feel bad for dampening the spirit of the event. This is something expected. I'd feel weird if the rest of the group just party on after the accident. The togetherness of this group of people is amazing consider that some of us just met face to face for the first time.

Just as importantly is the well being of the family involved and that all are expected for a full recovery from their injuries. May be as a group, we should send them something to show them how we feel.

Please keep us posted when things unfold. Take good care!

Back