• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

5 final 'special' builds NSX for JGTC

speaking to my service manager today who [also] confirmed that NSX production was finishing [windinig down now ]....said tho that the factory is doing a special build on the last of the NSXs to come from the factory ... a special order of 5 cars..to be built with....twin turbo 306KW engines...these 5 cars are for the JGTC.

OMG...[pls sir a street version or perhaps this is the start for the HSC...]

David :biggrin:

NSXAU said:

And Lord, please give the Honda engineers the wisdom and insight so they would add a couple of turbos to the HSC.. :biggrin:

Are you sure he wasn't talking about the NSX-R GT? They only made 5 and they are the same old 3.2L V6. LAME.

NetViper said:
Are you sure he wasn't talking about the NSX-R GT? They only made 5 and they are the same old 3.2L V6. LAME.

I don't follow too closely, but wasn't that 5 special NSX-R's built to comply with some JGTC rules or something? Something about needing certain amount of production cars made to run certain things in the series. I don't know. I think that build had more to do with some sort of complience rather than trying to market it to the buying public.

From autoweek:

Max NSX
Honda’s flagship NSX-R sports car gets a race car treatment and a price tag to match. Due to the considerable changes to this year’s Japan Grand Touring Championship GT-500 NSX race car, Honda had to build five homologation NSX-R GT road cars to satisfy rules set by the governing body.

nsxr_main.jpg
A cool ¥50 million ($466,600) is the price tag for this full carbon fiber-bodied road car, which features longer front and rear fascias and an F1-style scoop to direct air to the mid-mounted V6 engine. Production starts in August and, sorry, all five cars are already spoken for. —DINO DALLE CARBONARE

That would be the 4th thread about the same car - or is NSXAU right with the info about the twin turbo engine? Then it would be the 1st thread about a completely different car - which I honestly doubt.

Just sounds like yet another service manager or other dealership employee that really has no idea of what they are talking about. Pretty standard stuff, dealerships have no advance knowledge of Honda's plans, anything new will hit the magazines long before.

robr said:
Just sounds like yet another service manager or other dealership employee that really has no idea of what they are talking about. Pretty standard stuff, dealerships have no advance knowledge of Honda's plans, anything new will hit the magazines long before.

yes, i've learned this, lol

went into a toyota dealership with my friend cuz she was lookin for a Celica. The sales guy wanted us to wait and put down money on an .. and i quote... "new 2005 Celica convertible!"

umm... he went to his computer, and showed me this picture, which with my experience in photoshopping cars, i could tell had been done by someone else on the internet and this dude had been fooled into thinking it was coming out next year....

needless to say we left, I'm not buying anything off someone who doesn't have any clue what they're talkin about, lol... i correct SOO many salesmen when they tell me about the engine or # of gears of a certain tranny when im in there... no disrespect meant to those who may be looking on, lol... just a FEW of them are morons who know nothing.

... anyways, the celica has been discontinued this year, so he was way off.

NSXAU said:
speaking to my service manager today who [also] confirmed that NSX production was finishing [windinig down now ]....said tho that the factory is doing a special build on the last of the NSXs to come from the factory ... a special order of 5 cars..to be built with....twin turbo 306KW engines...these 5 cars are for the JGTC.

The factory doesn't do the race prep work on the chassis nor build the engines for any of the teams in super gt, including Team Honda Racing. The current season is already past Round 2 so the build/tooling schedule wouldn't make sense. Nor does the power output he stated jive with the rules. Likely the special run he discussed is the NSX-R GT's which have been discussed in several threads being a homologation unit on a one-off run for meeting future competitive requirements, nothing more.

Choose your sources more carefully. Information disseminated through dealer networks is considered by most all manufacturers to be essentially in the public domain as they have little ability to control leaks, and further is almost always available through numerous other channels.

word. I would not take anything a salesman or personnel at the dealership tells as the truth. Some guy that worked at Toyota once told me the 2004 Supra coming and he actually had the blueprints to the engine... well I wonder what happened?

JDM NSX said:
word. I would not take anything a salesman or personnel at the dealership tells as the truth. Some guy that worked at Toyota once told me the 2004 Supra coming and he actually had the blueprints to the engine... well I wonder what happened?

nice, bash the dealer. Why dont you just call the manufacturer and buy directly from them :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Hey David....

Was that someone at Austral???

This is why no-one ever listens to Honda sales people or service managers.... (no offence Bridgewater :smile: ) But this "service manager" as a representative of HONDA is preaching the WRONG information when the correct information was released to the press in February this year!

robr said:

In fact, even Honda CEO's are prone to announcing dis-information!

I would think this "Service Manager" you talked to David falls into one of two categories...
a) He is also practising dis-information...
b) He really has no idea about what Honda is planning and should shut-up to save himself from looking stupid should he talk to anyone who actually knows about Hondas...

And NSX-Racer is correct...
NSX-Racer said:
That would be the 4th thread about the same car

David.... What have you learned from this???...

You need to visit here more often mate! :biggrin:

Cheers

Last edited:
Back