• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

50+ motorcycle Cop chase NSX in video

shawn110975

Suspended
Lol..quite the title to get people to watch:redface:

Makes it sound like 50 motorcycle cops chase NSX....
But couldn't be further from the truth....there is a brief shot of an NSX in traffic :tongue:

Last edited:
in the report they said there were more than 50 motorcycle involved so the title is right on....

and at 1:04 you see the NSX is the owner of this NSX a Prime member?

Good ol' Shawn always making this forum entertaining:)

Lol..quite the title to get people to watch:redface:

Makes it sound like 50 motorcycle cops chase NSX....
But couldn't be further from the truth....there is a brief shot of an NSX in traffic :tongue:

What a difference a comma makes, eh?

Should have read "50+ motorcycle Cop chase, NSX in video"

Sorry Shawn, had to bust your balls a little.

Guys found this on the local news feed.

a black NSX was first at a stop light while the cops are chasing the motorcycle punks.

if you only wanna see the NSX its at the 1:04 mark.

heres the link

http://news.yahoo.com/video/police-motorcyclists-riding-recklessly-around-211408035.html

was the NSX a member of NSXPRIME speak up we wanna hear the story

Well it seems I just can't take my NSX out on the weekends without something interesting happening literally every single time. Ha. I figured this would make the local news but didn't expect it to make the news outside of Texas let alone have my car be in the video. So yes a fellow primer was there and ready to report an exclusive on location take. That would be me and my girl cruising from Houston down I-45 to Galveston enjoying the day. So for inquiring minds I'll breakdown the scene without the newsroom spin.

So we are cruising with the top off enjoying the day when around 1/3 of the way from Houston to Galveston I hear the scream of sport bikes. As my other toy is a chopper I can appreciate the joys of being on a motorcycle and the connected feeling with the road and wind. Needless to say these guys were not the good kind of bikers but the kind that give all of us other bikers a bad name.

They were pulling the usual stunts of wheelies on the freeway, weaving thru traffic, speeding, cutting people off, blocking traffic, etc and a lot had GoPros or similar filming everything which only amps up the showing off. I assumed at some point one would get killed or at least when we got to Galveston the cops would put an end to it. Lets just say you don't mess around in Galveston because the cops role hard.

Anyways. Once we get out of Houston things for the most part calm down and they are traveling in a big pack blocking all lanes of traffic. Not to big of a deal as it is safer for them and everyone else that way and they were doing about 10 miles per hour over the speed limit anyways so not to bad to follow. I basically followed them the entire time. In fact several times they surround my NSX( in a safe respectable way) as lots of them wanted to film and get pictures of it. They were dicks to everyone else on the road basically except me. Got a lot of thumbs up. Now, as I am a motorcycle rider I know to follow at a safe distance unlike normal drivers which tailgate being aggressive. What most people fail to realize that if an emergency did happen a motorcycle stops on a dime meaning if you are following a bike regardless of them being asshats or not you will hit them because you need more space then if you were following another car to stop.

So as I predicted the second we got to Galveston the cops were waiting and showed up in force, pulling the majority over at the gas station in the video. Others of coarse bugged out and got away and others got busted while running. Hence the clip where I come in at the stoplight. A couple bikes are bugging out turning through the light when a cop in SUV is driving directly at me and cuts of the last bike literally less than 10 Ft from my bumper. He jumps out with hand on gun, yelling the biker to get off the bike, the biker does, and the cop does a quick job of putting him against his SUV and straight into cuffs. Once the light turns green, I have to change lanes to slowly go around because they are literally right in front of me. The cop, biker, and I all make eye contact at this point. Priceless.

I realize now that I need to get my self some kind of dash cam setup, because this car is off the charts on attracting attention. Anyone have suggestions, because if I had one I would have some pretty sweet footage and would have had real video for the rest of the nation to watch instead of the cop dash cams. I know I should have had my girl filming with the her phone camera but I honestly didn't really think about it. We were still just cruising enjoying the drive and good conversation about other things.

Till the next time I take the car out for a drive...Stay Classy

if you google car cams a ton come up I am getting one soon I see a lot of stuff

cool story thanks for sharing

- - - Updated - - -

What a difference a comma makes, eh?

Should have read "50+ motorcycle Cop chase, NSX in video"

Sorry Shawn, had to bust your balls a little.

LOL your 100% correct so here you go.......... " , " :biggrin:

Reminds me of when a huge sportbike crew rolled past me on a Saturday AM in LA...
definitely some of the craziest stuff I have seen on public roads
I won't name the crew but they are very well known.
One dude passed me, turned around 180 in his seat to ride backwards, gave me a thumbs up, spun himself back around and rode away
I'm like... did that seriously just happen at 70 Mph ???
-

Wow. Great on-the-scene report. Now lets go to the weather desk.

(That's just one of the many reasons I LOVE Prime.)

...What most people fail to realize that if an emergency did happen a motorcycle stops on a dime meaning if you are following a bike regardless of them being asshats or not you will hit them because you need more space then if you were following another car to stop...

All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon. I always treat anyone on a bike like they are going to do something stupid, fall over, crash, flip, spin, or come to a quick stop. Of course 99% of the time none of that happens. But we all get a brain fart now and then, even behind the wheel or rolling in the wind. And doing something dumb doesn't warrant a death sentence.

Black NSX in Galveston on Police Chase Cam

Cops chasing bikes.... at the 2:50 point there is a Black NSX at the stop light. :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eHtL_-HjWvc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow........reminds me of my adrenalin filled days! We used to go "ramping"......but now I'm more mature and don't play those kids games...........well, maybe a few on my Harley. I can relate to the show boaters, as when I used to come home after a race weekend the highways were full of bikes from spectators and when they rode past me in a full wheelie or doing some stunts it put a big smile on my face, sometimes really great to see a mile long wheelie - however I prefer to play on the track. Do miss those days.......

2 things I noticed here. 1. the poor biker that got arrested at 2:50 didn't really seem to be running but in the wrong place at the wrong time. 2. That cop car {whatever it was} hauls ass. After 5:00 he's keeping up pretty well.
Cops chasing bikes.... at the 2:50 point there is a Black NSX at the stop light. :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eHtL_-HjWvc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back