• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

5th gear review of the F430

NeoNSX said:
No matter how hard Ferrari try, it's still no NSX. :D

Thanx for posting this!

You are right it is no NSX, it is much better in every measurable category except price.

I consider the 355 about equal to a stock '97+ NSX as far as performance, I think the 360 is better in almost all areas and the 430 is much better.

Why has it taken Honda so long to make a serious upgrade to the NSX?

I think the Ford GT or the 430 will be my replacement for the NSX and I won't look back unless something very new and special comes out of Honda. I won't hold my breath though!

Carguy! said:
You are right it is no NSX, it is much better in every measurable category except price!

Oh, so price is no object then???!

In that case.... Give me a Porsche GT... it is much better in every measurable category except price than either the Ford GT or the 430

But if you were not born into royality, and money is limited.... Put twin turbos on your NSX and for $20K with 550 hp on tap... you will run rings around both the new 430 and Ford GT.... Then you'll find that the NSX is much better in every measurable category INCLUDING price!! :biggrin:

Viper, I know I am off the "Mark" But I wanted to introduce this car in the comparo. I hope you all don't mind. If so I will delete it.
What segment do you guys think the Baby AMV8 will slice into?
aston_martin_amv8_vantage_2003_02_m.jpg

I think we got to be realistic here.

I would expect the ferrari 430 to be a better car than the 15 year old NSX. With ferrari's deep pockets and knowledge pool.

I would also expect to get that much car for $180,000 US dollars. Maybe I would want more than that for that kind of money.

But I know I am more than happy paying $50,000 US for a car of the NSX variety all day long.

What segment do you guys think the Baby AMV8 will slice into?

While I think Aston Martins look damn fine, I don't think they have ever really been in the league of the porche gt's and now the f430. Be interesting to see how this one does though.

Carguy! said:
You are right it is no NSX, it is much better in every measurable category except price.

I consider the 355 about equal to a stock '97+ NSX as far as performance, I think the 360 is better in almost all areas and the 430 is much better.

Why has it taken Honda so long to make a serious upgrade to the NSX?

I think the Ford GT or the 430 will be my replacement for the NSX and I won't look back unless something very new and special comes out of Honda. I won't hold my breath though!

i am goin to have to agree with car guy on this one.

flight said:
While I think Aston Martins look damn fine, I don't think they have ever really been in the league of the porche gt's and now the f430. Be interesting to see how this one does though.

I think that Aston is meant to compete with 911/911 S. I think it looks amazing and I have no doubt it will also crush the NSX in HP and acceleration.

AU_NSX said:

In that case.... Give me a Porsche GT... it is much better in every measurable category except price than either the Ford GT or the 430

But if you were not born into royality, and money is limited.... Put twin turbos on your NSX and for $20K with 550 hp on tap... you will run rings around both the new 430 and Ford GT.... Then you'll find that the NSX is much better in every measurable category INCLUDING price!! :biggrin:

The Porsche GT seems to be a great car and if you can afford it I would say get it.

As far as taking an NSX and putting 20K in mods to make it better than the F430 or the Ford GT I don't think it is going to happen. You might be able to get it to accelerate better in a straight line, but it isn't going to handle or brake as well and I don't believe the times on most tracks would be as good. Then when you go to sell the vehicle you will get murdered on resale, but if that is the route you want to take have fun!

Just so you know I have already went in a similiar route:
'00 NSX - T
Comptech 9PSI supercharger
Tein Coilover suspension
Comptech Anti-sway bars
Taitec Exhaust
etc...

Carguy,... I forgot to mention that mine also has the Comptech Brembo big brake kit and koni suspension upgrade with Type R sways... Together with 550hp and a dry weight of 1080Kg...

Let me tell you that it DOES run rings around all the latest Ferrari's as experienced on one of their track days. (Note: F355, F360 & stradalle etc. There were no Enzo's or F40 or 50's though)

The NSX still has one of the best suspension systems in the world. Some fine tuning with different shock/spring/sways brings it up to the worlds best. The geometry is still state of the art and you will only get better if someone brings out an active suspension system...

I watched a documentary on the new Ford GT... I love it! I certainly would love to have one in my garage!

In this documentary, it was very interesting to see in one shot, their whiteboard was in view and they had 4 cars they were aiming to beat in the top corner.... The NSX was the first on their list! no joke...REALLY!

So I suppose the NSX in it's standard form is still not so bad.... Current car makers still see it as a car they have to compete with and therefore have to beat! :biggrin:

AU_NSX said:
Carguy,...

In this documentary, it was very interesting to see in one shot, their whiteboard was in view and they had 4 cars they were aiming to beat in the top corner.... The NSX was the first on their list! no joke...REALLY! ! :biggrin:

I had heard that Ford had a NSX as one of "target" cars, but they never mentioned it in any magazines. All they talked about is how Ford bought a 360 as a target to aim towards.

I would love to take a GT for a spin.

AU_NSX said:

Bleh, if price is no object get me an Enzo or, if into older cars, a McClaren F1 GT. Sheesh :)

NetViper said:

Bloody awesome, thanks -- I'd not seen the F430 in action, only pics -- thank you.

What a car... what a car.

I'm very happy with my stable, which includes a 360 CS and think, despite the extra HP, I would still be more happy with the CS than the F430... I hear they get similar track times on the Ferrari test track.

That said, if one day they put out an F430 CS -- look out! :)

Back