• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

5Zigen Gravis wheel

So I am looking at getting the 5Zigen Gravis wheel 18-7.5/19.9.5

I want the wheel to be either "flush" with the body or just slightly "tucked"

I have been looking through the tire forum and see several examples of the
18/19 combo. However, most of them have a decent size lip on them. So if I want a wheel with no lip and I want them to be flush/tucked with the body of the car I would go with a LESS agressive offset, correct?

The wheel is a fairly flat (slightly concave) So I think
18X7.5 - offset 35 (comes in 35/43/48)
19X9.5 -offset 38 (comes in 25/38/45)

Would be right?

Thoughts?

Attachments

• 5zigen-gravis-1.jpg
    5zigen-gravis-1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 166
With that wheel design even if you get a 25 offset you will have no lip at all. The wheel will just have a deeper center.

Thanks for the response.
out of curiosity:
Instead of 35/38, if I go with more of an offset, that actually "tucks" the wheels more, correct?

Also, when I called the wheel company, the guy on the phone asked me what kind of car I had, when I told him "NSX" he said, oh.... these wheels will not fit your car. I said, "what do you mean... I know the specs that will fit my car and you are showing the specs I need..."
He then said, "I will sell you anything you want but if they don't fit the car, that is on you....no returns...."
NICE !

Thanks for the response.
out of curiosity:
Instead of 35/38, if I go with more of an offset, that actually "tucks" the wheels more, correct?

Also, when I called the wheel company, the guy on the phone asked me what kind of car I had, when I told him "NSX" he said, oh.... these wheels will not fit your car. I said, "what do you mean... I know the specs that will fit my car and you are showing the specs I need..."
He then said, "I will sell you anything you want but if they don't fit the car, that is on you....no returns...."
NICE !

Possible due to caliper clearance..

Ex. Based on 40 offset, a 20 pushes the rim outward, and a 50 pulls the rim in.

He might mean wheel bore. Nsx has a 68 rear hub and 71 front hub. Standard wheel bores are 73.

Call another company. Hell, call 5zigen. Those guys don't deserve your money.

Last edited:
I just bought these for my lexus , they only come in two face designs , since it is a cast wheel .

Back