• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

6,000 lb lift at Costco for $1900

I'll take one of each, please...

Oh wow. I wonder why one would get the 1 car lift if they can get the other for teh same price. Is there a distinct advantage or disadvantage with one or the other?
The former is more-so for working on your vehicle, w/ telescoping/adjustable arms under the rocker-panels' parallel side frame-rails. It has limited elevating capability, generally not enough of such to safely park a vehicle underneath. The vehicle's weight rests on the lift's arms, leaving the tires/wheel/suspension hanging. Think of jack-stands. A "service" lift, of sorts...

The latter is more-so for storage/parking solutions, of which there are ramps the vehicle is driven on & then raised to a suitable height so another vehicle can be parked underneath. The vehicle's weight rests on it's own tires/wheel/suspension. Think of drive-on ramps. A "parking" lift of sorts...

Last edited:
The best option.......buy one of each!

I'd have a hard time deciding between the two. Even the standard two in one styles have their limitations.

I want the 4 post.....:smile: one of these day it will be in my garage...

Back