• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

6 NSX's at Power (Southbay) Acura

Dropped my NSX off this morning at Power Acura in Torrance. 5 other NSX's already in the service area. Anyone here?

I've been by to get parts from the Parts Department. Three of those have been sitting there a while. The red w/ the overhead air scoop, there's one behind that and the black one closest to the wall , first position. Don't know what's up with that. Are they for sale? Storage? Too expensive to own? Repair (I doubt it)? Who knows?

Danny.

When I dropped off mine last week, I saw a few other primers there. Besides an annual 28-pt inspection, the wheels are going back to HRE to have the centers repaired/replaced (one cracked on its own and they are way cool about fixing the rest), and the car is getting a new set tires and the seat modified for racing. NSX in that shop are in good hands and great company.

TheYellowBeast said:
the car is getting a new set tires and the seat modified for racing.
Hey Dave

What kind of tires are you getting? Are you getting them through the dealership?

Mine was in a few weeks ago for an oil change, but not for long. =) I don't live too far from Power either.

Hapa88 said:
Mine was in a few weeks ago for an oil change, but not for long. =) I don't live too far from Power either.
Did you talk to Jon Martin? He has an incredible wealth of knowledge on NSX's and mod's related to them.

RyRy210 said:
Those NSXs are always there. I visit Jon from time to time. He's the guy I turn to when I get my NSX serviced.
Any idea of why they are there?

I was there about a month ago having the clutch replaced. This is a great dealership to take you NSX to. Because they do a lot of NSXs they have the expertise to insure a great job is done. I drove out over 40 miles just to have them do the work. There were other dealers within 3 miles of my home. While I could have saved a few dollars it was worth it having Jon oversee my car's work. While there I had some warranty work done as well and had a brand new TL to drive until my car was finished. The red car with a scoop on the rear is of course Dr. Alex's car (our resident dentist). He is another great individual to do business with. I cannot say enough about Jon and his crew.

Manny

SoCalDude said:
Hey Dave

What kind of tires are you getting? Are you getting them through the dealership?

After talking over my driving style/habits/preferences carefully w/ Jon, we decided to replace w/ same, Bridgestone S03 285/30-ZR. Didn't bother pricing elsewhere w/ that kind of TLC offered the car!

Also had fun hearing about how Jon got to work on pre-production versions of the NSX. Hopefully that experience will help figure out why my supercharger throttle sticks around 3k rpm :)

Sorry for the late reply I just got signed on but I am the black one that has been there for a long time, feel free to pm me sometime.

ed

Last time I was at South Bay Acura, I knew all of the NSXs that were there. I think there were 6 then too (including Alex, Mark, Dean...)

now you know me :tongue: sort of :biggrin:

Just got mine back from Jon today. Had it in to replace the damn driver's side window regulator. I guess after 12 years it's had a decently long life. :smile: Don't be surprised when you see it back in there for a new clutch.

wassup david I remember meeting you at Acura.....nice car man can't wait to get mine done! and hello to you too darkcyd, I plan to replace my clutch also with a aftermarket one.....I don't like how the clutch engages so high so that will be done eventually with the centerforce clutch recommended by Jon. =)

Hey man. I have the centerforce right now and love it to death. Cuz death was what I wished upon my car when I had the exedy. :tongue: Anyway, I think you'll be plenty pleased with it.

Haha right! I was thinking about exedy at first too! but good think Jon told me about the centerforce one. Can't wait to get that and the OS Giken then I will be clicking and clacking and Jons car :eek: :tongue: hehe sorry Jon! clik clak! clik clak clak! :biggrin:

I have the excedy right now and it is the worst clutch ever. It chatters a ton and makes a really loud whineing noise sometimes when going up a hill. Can't describe it but would never recommend using one. I'm going with centerforce with a jun flywheel.

Cools thanks for the feedback I am going with the centerforce and the ultralight flywheel by dali. Good luck.

Just spoke with a Mark Basch representative and seems like he is not going to have a centerforce clutch avaiable for at best 3 weeks.

My second options are ACT or Clutchmaster.

Was told centerforce was def. the way to go so i'm re-thinking my options now.

Any input?

Talk to Jon M and see what he says. If you can wait then wait if not ask jon for other options.

Back