• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

70shot....12.4@114

with his trap speed and weight, I would say hes making around 350whp with the juice and around 270whp off it. Seems very reasonable for this weight and trap speed.

Are you shooting from the hip with this calculation? I've run a 12.6 @ 113 N/A and no NOS and my car weighed in at 2880? How many HP do I have? :wink:

Not in Texas summer heat you wont:rolleyes: . 12.6 is really fast all motor, what mods did you have.

It was HOT South Alabama heat!!!

Comptech Headers
Comptech Test Pipes
Taitec GT Lightweight Exhaust
Dali Racing Big Gulp Intake
Dali Racing CF Intake Tube
RC Engineering Balanced & Blueprinted OEM Injectors
Exedy Hyper Clutch and Light Fly
OS Giken Super Lock LSD W/4.40 R & P
Volk CE28N's 17/17

Lots of weight loss involved too. :biggrin:

Comptech Headers
Comptech Test Pipes
Volk CE28N's 17/17

i hate C32's!:biggrin: your car is impressive

That is fast.

A wheel HP calculator is here:
http://www.dsm.org/tools/calchp.htm

If 2900lbs is with you in it, it looks like you put ~305HP to the ground :cool:

Here's what it came up with 3090lbs with me in the car...

Using the ET method, I come up with 305 horsepower
Using the Speed method, I come up with 352 horsepower

My last dyno was 291 at the wheel. Like I said there is too many factors that play into the madness!!!

Absolutely not* Its always read at the motor. This is common knowledge. (not saying the companies are always accurate thou lol ;) )

Again, any gains above and beyond that may come from the additional efficiences of the motor or from the cooling effect from having F/I...

Ever nitrous kit I have used or seen in use if he was running a 50 shot it gave approx 50 whp. If it was 75hp show it was 75 hp at the wheels.

Ever nitrous kit I have used or seen in use if he was running a 50 shot it gave approx 50 whp. If it was 75hp show it was 75 hp at the wheels.

That is what I thought also, my 150 shot was before I went turbo also. I will have to see if I can dig up the dyno chart, it may be on an old post on prime, but the car was completely stock other than the NOS kit and it did put 150+- at the wheels.

Maybe Badcarma can answer this for us.

DAVE??????

Here's what it came up with 3090lbs with me in the car...

Using the ET method, I come up with 305 horsepower
Using the Speed method, I come up with 352 horsepower

My last dyno was 291 at the wheel. Like I said there is too many factors that play into the madness!!!

the method that i use is just from observing a ton of cars with different, drive train and power running down the 1/4 to make that estimate. its generally pretty close.

have you ever seen the show "passing time" on speed? its basically they give you the specs, and mod of car and you gotta guess what it will run. than the car will run down the track and the person with the best guess wins. i'm actually pretty decent at the show and with imports i'm almost always spot on being usually a tenth or 2 from the actual run.

there is no way your car can run 113mph with just 291 and weighting over 300 lbs. that is madness!!!! but a nsx is a very special car and it can definitely do more with less. it would take a vette around 350whp to run that trap speed. since they usually put down around 300whp stock and runs anywhere from 106-108mph so a lightly breathed on vette should be around 350-360whp to hit 113mph in the 1/4.

there is no way your car can run 113mph with just 291 and weighting over 300 lbs. that is madness!!!! but a nsx is a very special car and it can definitely do more with less. it would take a vette around 350whp to run that trap speed. since they usually put down around 300whp stock and runs anywhere from 106-108mph so a lightly breathed on vette should be around 350-360whp to hit 113mph in the 1/4.

It did. My NSX is very special. :tongue: The corrected dyno was actually 280 RWHP so that throws a bigger wrench in it!!! I do have VERY light wheels, flywheel, clutch and a good driver. I'm about to drop another 100lbs off the NSX and then I'll go run a few passes and see where I stand.

I am sure he is putting down 310-320 to wheels on the spray with those mods on a 3.0. just my .02 something fishy there?

A SHOT OF SPRAY IS AT THE WHEELS PERIOD, IF YOU FIGURE IT AT THE FLY YOU ARE A FOOL. 50 IS TO THE WHEELS 70 IS TO THE WHEELS. I HAVE BUILT AND TUNED ALOT OF N20 CARS (ALSO ANYONE SAYS N20 DOES NOT NEED TO BE TUNED TO ENGINE IS A FOOL.)

NSXLOVER 150 IS TO THE WHEELS, NOSEBLEED TIME! RIGHT? HOW YA BEEN?

best regards david

ps if you plan on drag racing your X do not get a light flywheel, so your car has one and is quick as hell? it would be faster with the stock fly then a 7 pounder, not a guess this is fact.
JAMES PM ME BRO

Last edited:
I am sure he is putting down 310-320 to wheels on the spray with those mods on a 3.0. just my .02 something fishy there?

A SHOT OF SPRAY IS AT THE WHEELS PERIOD, IF YOU FIGURE IT AT THE FLY YOU ARE A FOOL. 50 IS TO THE WHEELS 70 IS TO THE WHEELS. I HAVE BUILT AND TUNED ALOT OF N20 CARS (ALSO ANYONE SAYS N20 DOES NOT NEED TO BE TUNED TO ENGINE IS A FOOL.)

best regards david

ps if you plan on drag racing your X do not get a light flywheel, so your car has one and is quick as hell? it would be faster with the stock fly then a 7 pounder, not a guess this is fact.
JAMES PM ME BRO

why would a lighter flywheel slow down the car in a drag race? is it because it is easier to bog off the line and that the revs drop too fast between shifts?

best regards david

JAMES PM ME BRO

He's back:biggrin: How you feeling?

Rob

why would a lighter flywheel slow down the car in a drag race? is it because it is easier to bog off the line and that the revs drop too fast between shifts?
The only time a lighter flywheel is slower is when you need to launch on 26"x10" slicks, and then the engine bogs.

The only time a lighter flywheel is slower is when you need to launch on 26"x10" slicks, and then the engine bogs.

WTF dude mail me some of that gange cause it is running sub 10's in your brain, I want some!
your statement is not true, not even close. this is not your pony it is appllicable info for racing an NSX from a digg with a lite or OEM fly. the OEM will jump the lite fly car all other factors being equal everytime not withstanding the driver.

BTW....And this is experiance with your NSX from a dig with a lite fly and without and of course running your monster slicks? what are the specs on your X? if you are running a lite fly it cant be lighter then my old 7 pounder, revved up and down faster then a bangkok hooker. great on a road race but sucked from a digg.
NOT ONLY MINE BUT EVERY PERSON THAT HAS DISCUSSED IT HERE THAT HAS EXPERIANCE WITH BOTH FLY'S RACING IN THE DESCRIBED MANNER.

PACH, FOR THE MOST PART I am just yanking your crank, you are somewhat new here and I have been mia. welcome and nice to meet you and dont take me serious other then when I talk about engines and then I am serious as a heart attack no pun intended.... just playing:biggrin:

this is for adrenaline_nsx.....:smile:
I was thinking about your time and was wondering did you power shift thru all your shifts and are you running a wot only or rpm box and or a clutch switch that turns the spray off when you shift, you stay on the button and it stops and resumes with no hitches.....let me know.
1. I want to know how you are spraying. what is your bottle warmer set at? if you dont have one buy one just not a nos brand.? btw I love NOS brand but the bottle warmers suck
2. power shifts ?
3. water injection?
4.calibrated injectors?
5. 2 way limited slip or OEM (1.5)
6. is the ecu chipped a little hot, not good for engine on the giggle gas!
5. is it an rm kit? if so I have some free goodies for you if you pay shipping.
and can tell you how to shave another .4 off your time with the rm dry setup and the goodies

Best regards david

Hey david to answer your questions:
1. I have the NOS attivated only at WOT. No bottle warmer but Texas heat.:rolleyes:
2. I never power shift.
3. No water injection.
4. I went one range colder with gap at .35
5. Stock oem slip.
6. Stock oem chip.
7. Actually its a cryo2 co2 setup, all i did was buy NOS nozzles and jets. haha i dont think i can knock off another .4, what do you have in mind?

Comptech Headers
Comptech Test Pipes
Volk CE28N's 17/17

I think the OS Giken Super Lock LSD W/4.40 R & P
gearing help alot too on top of that 6speed.Wouldnt it?

I think the OS Giken Super Lock LSD W/4.40 R & P
gearing help alot too on top of that 6speed.Wouldnt it?

John posted awhile back about how that LSD and R&P helped.......he got flamed because he stated it improved his 0-60 times by .4 seconds. Physics says no, but I believe it.....two many factors in real life. Maybe the LSD and R&P help the NSX reach it true potential (in N/A) form. It's going to be my next major mod ---- especially the new OS Giken without the racket at low speed.

My lowest 0-60 time was 4.4 (trap speed 113) and I'm hoping w/ the LSD and R&P (plus my recently installed RPS and new light weight ADVANS plus additional 10hp via AF/R) will get around 0-60 in 4 seconds flat and 115(6).

Last I heard John had those Ti rotos & brakes too. Weight off the NSX, esp where it rotated is huge for quarter mile times and trap speeds.

John posted awhile back about how that LSD and R&P helped.......he got flamed because he stated it improved his 0-60 times by .4 seconds. Physics says no, but I believe it.....two many factors in real life. Maybe the LSD and R&P help the NSX reach it true potential (in N/A) form. It's going to be my next major mod ---- especially the new OS Giken without the racket at low speed.

My lowest 0-60 time was 4.4 (trap speed 113) and I'm hoping w/ the LSD and R&P (plus my recently installed RPS and new light weight ADVANS plus additional 10hp via AF/R) will get around 0-60 in 4 seconds flat and 115(6).

Last I heard John had those Ti rotos & brakes too. Weight off the NSX, esp where it rotated is huge for quarter mile times and trap speeds.
I agree with your experience with the limited slip you speak of the giken is a monster and .4 hell yeah

best reagrds david
ps for you new guys I dont rec anything that I think has any risk for your engine, I lean way to the safe end of the gauge in regard to boosting safely

I still have OEM Brakes, but do have a Lovefab waiting in the garage for when I get back from vacation. :eek:

Back