• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

7th Annual CalCoastalNSX Canyon Drive!!!! July 1st 2007

The waiting list
1. SexyRed
2. legendr35 +1
3. HotRod
4. gansan + 1
5. drewdeeze +1
6. Narlee +1
7. Clausibaus + 1
8. NSXRebel +1
9. X-toy
10. UFO + 1
11. NSX@40 + 1
12. TheYellowBeast
13. BLACK RACER X
14. NSX-POWER
15. Heeltoe914 +1
16. MCano +1
17. CarbonNSX
18. Ryneen + 1
19. JYRed + 1

Ouch! What a big waiting list! Oh well, please show us in spot 19!

JYRed

Please add Onsoku +1 [Robert & Elaine C.]

1. Spike236 +1
2. NSXB (Gene) + 1
3. 91x (mark)
4. vsy05 + 1
5. Keith + 1
6. Mort
7. PoohBEAR
8. Semnos_nsx +1
9. mrbythatmuch + 1
10. SexyRed
11. legendr35 +1
12. HotRod
13. gansan + 1
14. Narlee +1
15. Clausibaus + 1
16. NSXRebel +1
17. X-toy
18. TheYellowBeast
19. BLACK RACER X
20. NSX-POWER
21. Heeltoe914 +1
22. MCano +1
23. CarbonNSX
24. Ryneen + 1
25. Onsoku +1

Last edited:
we should count how fast the payment send thread starts to add up

Waitlist payment sent for UFO-Mike and Mitchell...forms going tomorrow!

Just sent payment. I came from the wait list.
Was I fast enought? looks like I was.

Last edited:
All spots are taken

Last edited:
Wow that was fast! Too bad we can't add anymore cars.....I think every group should be in ten's and have a leader.....then maybe we can add the other cars. Can't wait for this drive! :smile:

Well that's what I get for partying late last night. If more cars are added , I would love to attend, at least go along for the ride. I would skip the lunch/raffle activities.

no offense to those who organize this run, you do a GREAT job, but I got a few suggestions for future runs ...

For a lot of us it is kinda hard to plan for something a month ahead of time when you don't know where it is going to originate or end and to pre-pay for something you might not make kinda sucks..Also, the limit of 60/pre-payment should be for the lunch party only, it would be nice to have a HUGE (60-100) So Cal NSX meet and we can always do run groups to break up the traffic..

There is a lot of long time NSXer's who would love to join who get shut out due to the limited spots and sign up deadlines and others who would love to just do half the run and then bail out sooner then the lunch without having to pay $30+ ...

just letting you know what I think, not trying to say how you do it is way wrong, it just seems just a little strict and limited...:redface:

flame suit on:smile: :wink:

Alot of the limited number of people can join is due to limited space at the lunch area, if you book a ballroom for large party, they required you to give them number of people expected to attend, and deposit is required. If only 50% show up, you still need to pay for 100%.

Therefore, I think the limit of 60 people is due to lunch party space available. As far as prepay for the event, if I were the organizer, I sure don't want to get stiff by the bill at the end of the day if only half the party show or stay for lunch. They went to great length of trouble to make all the arrangements and plan the route on their own time, a little commitment from our end I don't think is too much to ask for.

You are right Mark, I also wish for a larger run, we just need to help them find bigger restaurant to host the lunch party and a little more for lunch. I won't mind pay more for lunch if is needed to reserve a larger lunch area.

Just my .02

Alot of the limited number of people can join is due to limited space at the lunch area, if you book a ballroom for large party, they required you to give them number of people expected to attend, and deposit is required. If only 50% show up, you still need to pay for 100%.

Therefore, I think the limit of 60 people is due to lunch party space available. As far as prepay for the event, if I were the organizer, I sure don't want to get stiff by the bill at the end of the day if only half the party show or stay for lunch. They went to great length of trouble to make all the arrangements and plan the route on their own time, a little commitment from our end I don't think is too much to ask for.

You are right Mark, I also wish for a larger run, we just need to help them find bigger restaurant to host the lunch party and a little more for lunch. I won't mind pay more for lunch if is needed to reserve a larger lunch area.

Just my .02

I agree that the limit of 60 and prepayment should be for lunch as for the reasons you stated and as I stated in my post...But most of us could prolly pack a snack and hit McD's on the way home...It would be really cool to have a huge gathering with a drive to who ever wanted to go...I try to get people to join us on the Palomar Mtn runs but only a few die hards ever show up...AND that is with NO STRINGS ATTATCHED!!!:confused:

Hmmm, So maybe I should start charging and making tech inspec. forms and limit the number to 60 to get people to show up:tongue: :wink:

thats what I've been doing wrong:redface:

What about two big seperate groups going? Like one group of 30 say meet at 7am or 8am departs and the second group of 30 meets at 9am. First group is reserved for noon till 1 or so then second group eats from 1-2pm then we all meet up some where at the end of the drive in one big group. :biggrin:

Just my suggestion :smile: anyways look forward to seeing you guys on my first big group drive. :smile:

What about two big seperate groups going? Like one group of 30 say meet at 7am or 8am departs and the second group of 30 meets at 9am. First group is reserved for noon till 1 or so then second group eats from 1-2pm then we all meet up some where at the end of the drive in one big group. :biggrin:

Just my suggestion :smile: anyways look forward to seeing you guys on my first big group drive. :smile:

good idea!!!

Back