• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91-01 vs 2002+ Tail Lights - What do you prefer?

NA1 or NA2 Tail Lights for a NA1 NSX?

• NA1

Votes: 57 44.9%
  • NA2

Votes: 70 55.1%

• Total voters
Hi All

It's been a little while since I've done improved something on my baby.

Have a few things like the NSXR pedals to install.

However, seeing a set of 2002+ tail lights recently in the Parts For Sale section got me into thinking maybe that's my next mod.

The 2002+ lights do look more modern......but not sure about the circular turn indicators. The brake lights look a little different on the 2002+ (three squares on each side)?

I have a white NSX with the black roof in Australia. The rear tail lights are darker than some 2002+ lights that I've seen on Prime in the states?

What do you guys think? Especially those that have done the upgrade?

Last edited:
Hi All

It's been a little while since I've done improved something on my baby.

Have a few things like the NSXR pedals to install.

However, seeing a set of NA2 tail lights recently in the Parts For Sale section got me into thinking maybe that's my next mod.

The NA2 lights do look more modern......but not sure about the circular turn indicators. The brake lights look a little different on the NA2 (three squares on each side)?

I have a white NSX with the black roof in Australia. The rear tail lights are darker than some NA2 lights that I've seen on Prime in the states?

What do you guys think? Especially those that have done the upgrade?

I bought an 03 specifically cause I liked the more updated front/rear look. It looks in place when compared to the modern cars while retaining the lines and engineering that made the car so special to begin with

DSC_0365.jpg

20120922_143436_zps8f40cbdb.jpg

IMG-20120916-WA0001.jpg

I'm not sure what you meant by NA1 and NA2 because both have the same tail lights depending on the year. If you meant 2002+ than it's different. '91-'01 are the same.

I prefer the 02+... Just ordered a set :)

02 as to me it seems it gives more definition. Like the 02 head lights, it gives more rounded curves IMO

ive got both tail lights and love the 02+ without a doubt.. vastly improves the look of the car giving it a modern look instead of a 80-90's style sport car

I would like to see someone do a set of 02+ taillights tinted about the same as the JDM 91-01.

you mean to say the rear lights that changed in 2002+

not NA1-NA2

I am undecided I have the 02+ rears on but when I look at other NSX's in my shop that have the original style its hard to say.

NA1s look cleaner to me, but I prefer NA1 to NA2 (unless it's an NSX-R NA2) . If going with 2002+ conversion the 2002+ rear is a must IMO

Last edited:
red car only looks good with na1. orange circle breaks up that monochromatic look....

Totally agree. My pre-02 lights cracked so I "upgraded" to the 02+. Not happy with the look at all. Looking for another set of pre-02 tails now...

Go with what I did.
Keep the na1 tail lights and get an 02+ center light.

CIMG0529.jpg

I've got that centre bit already.....but with a Honda logo instead being in Australia. I've noticed some centres that show the letters "NSX" in black?

I prefer the 02+... Just ordered a set :)

Pricey? What's a set cost nowadays? I noticed a good group buy back in '09.

I used to really want the darker JDM taillights, but the 02+ has really grown on me and so I now have 02+ taillights.

So all 02+ are the lighter shade?

for neutral color cars i prefer na1. na2 for everything else under the rainbow.....

I am starting to think that for white (especially with black roof) suits the darker tint more. If the 02+ doesn't come tinted, I think my decision is made.

I would like to see someone do a set of 02+ taillights tinted about the same as the JDM 91-01.

Are the NSX-R NA2 tails tinted?

I am undecided I have the 02+ rears on but when I look at other NSX's in my shop that have the original style its hard to say.

I wish I could see them side by side on my car with different angles. :) Without actually putting the investment in in case I don't like the 02+ ones.

NA1s look cleaner to me, but I prefer NA1 to NA2 (unless it's an NSX-R NA2) . If going with 2002+ conversion the 2002+ rear is a must IMO

No conversion for me apart from the NSX-R rear wing.

Back