• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91 keyless entry - the truth.....

One more thing, and I know this is sort of diverging from the original subject. If I unlock the drivers side door with my key, is it supposed to unlock the passenger door as well? On other cars with power locks I've driven, the key works all of them from both sides. Want to make sure it's working the way it's supposed to before going to an install shop.

Nick

On my NSX, BOTH doors lock and unlock if I use the key on either driver or passanger side.

Some of us guys are just stockers, that’s all. I know where to get aftermarket keyless (complete with trunk pop) installed for $49.95 but haven’t done it because no one can tell me what the alarm will (or won’t) do.
It is completely coincidental, but it looks like I have just now bought a ’91 system still in the bag from the parts section. Once I have it in hand I’ll at least try to do a side-by-side comparison with the Legend/Vigor unit before I put it into the car.:smile:

The only keyless system I've seen for sale on Prime lately is this one:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108804
The ad says its for 91 NSX but the part number 08E60-SP0-200R2 converts to:
92-95 Legend
96-97 TL
92-94 Vigor
You can get these kits for $235 from Del Ray.

As Jett stated above it may be a direct replacement for the 91 NSX but the part number doesn't convert. If this is the one you purchased can you let us know if it works?

That is the one that I was first inline to buy!
I was doing research and it got sold to someone else.
It does not have the wire harness that is needed.
That part for the harness is not available anymore.
That harness will have to be made.
The remotes and covers obviously came from an nsx kit.
The brain or Control module did not as you state.
I hope the buyer has good luck with it and reports back.
Trev

Some of us guys are just stockers, that’s all. I know where to get aftermarket keyless (complete with trunk pop) installed for $49.95 but haven’t done it because no one can tell me what the alarm will (or won’t) do.
It is completely coincidental, but it looks like I have just now bought a ’91 system still in the bag from the parts section. Once I have it in hand I’ll at least try to do a side-by-side comparison with the Legend/Vigor unit before I put it into the car.:smile:

Gdae!!!
Well.........what happened? Did it work? I think there are a lot of interested people that want to know if this setup will work on their NSX's.

Yeah, I committed to buy this before the pics with part numbers were posted. All I saw was the part that said "91 Keyless entry for sale."
Trev was right, of course, about the part belonging to a Legend, etc. After double-checking at the dealership, I didn't waste a single second trying to wade through the complexities of installing that, don't have time to be a guinea pig. To the guy's credit, he did refund my $ when I pointed out that I don't own a Legend.
To advertise a '91 keyless is to hit me where I am most vulnerable. After having two other units snatched away I just jumped when I saw it. For now, I'm sticking with key-in-the-keyhole.

Still, someone who knows what they are doing might be able to make it work. The question remains.

The deal with the Legend and Vigor keyless entry kits is that the brains and their associated remotes are compatible with the NSX. The harness and mounting brackets are not.

Meaning, a Legend or Vigor kit will only work if you already have the harness, and are just replacing a faulty brain/remote combo.

The deal with the Legend and Vigor keyless entry kits is that the brains and their associated remotes are compatible with the NSX. The harness and mounting brackets are not.

Meaning, a Legend or Vigor kit will only work if you already have the harness, and are just replacing a faulty brain/remote combo.

My brain or remote (only have 1) has not worked for several years. It is good to know the Legend / Vigor works with the harness. Perhaps I'll scrounge one up.

I'd like to stay OEM just because I dislike cutting and splicing wires.

Miner

Well looks like I found this very helpful post a touch too late.
Located and bought a working '91 box and remote but no all-important wire harness. Anyone who knows of a solution please let me know. :frown:

i have a complete kit to install... if you want i could post here the complete pinout of the harness (with photos) so you can make a wire by wire custom harness...

generic question. I have a factory keyless entry fob, and it lights up when the button is pressed, but nothing happens!?? lol How do I begen to trouble shoot this? The alarm works, horn and lights flash...but the fob won't trigger it.

UnhuZ
Yes, please do that, and then send my your original so I can install it in my 91! I have been looking for 5 years.
Oh, by the way, they would go well with your new catz I have!
Trev

A little divirsion here... I have a 94, and I have the stock keyless entry. One of the things I did after I purchased the car is using one of the primer's instruction and added the parking/side marker light flashing when lock or unlocking the car. however, the only thing I really want is to either have a chirp to know that it is locked and two chirps to know it is unlocked, because there is only one button for both lock and unlock with the stock remote. Does anyone know if I can upgrade it somehow so I can have two button and the chirps?

ok... i've taken a bunch of photos of the whole Keyless entry kit, every detail, everything... i'll start now the electrical scheme, and i hope to post it in about a few hours :wink:

Ok guys... Harness circuit diagram is done...

here it is:
Circuit.jpg

if you want a full resolution JPG,here it is

Here are detailed photos of the plugs and wires:
Green_Plug.jpg

Green_Plug_wires.jpg

Grey_Plug.jpg

Grey_Plug_wires_1.jpg

Grey_Plug_wires_2.jpg

Fuse_grey_plug_side_.jpg

Mini_Plug_grey_plug_side_1.jpg

Mini_Plugs_green_plug_side_.jpg

Mini_Plugs_green_plug_side_2.jpg

now i'm going to bed ... it's 6am here :eek::eek::eek:

enjoy,
Nuno

Last edited:
ok... i've taken a bunch of photos of the whole Keyless entry kit, every detail, everything... i'll start now the electrical scheme, and i hope to post it in about a few hours :wink:

Thanks for the info but do you know which wire (color) is responsible for the locking and unlocking function (mine won't unlock)?

Ok guys... Harness circuit diagram is done...

enjoy,
Nuno

I appreciate all the time and energy that went into this. Just wanted to say thanks. This is valuable information. :smile:

Dennis

UnhuZ, I know how long it must have taken to do such a thorough job of posting the details of the keyless entry system. Wiring harnesses - the missing link - can now be fabricated by referring to this valuable information, which you have taken hours of your time to make available to those of us here. Sir, I salute you!

Last edited:
No problem guys... sometimes we spend a lot of hours doing nothing... these were spent with pleasure to help fellow primers :wink:

now, the only thing missing is this Kit's part number.... i'll snap some photos of all the Kit's components and post it up during the weekend (i could already done that...but with the frenzy to do the circuit diagram... i forgot to do it :biggrin::biggrin:)

You can source out the small components (that's why i included their closeup photos) and build this even without the OEM plugs ;)

all the best,
Nuno

EDIT
: I corrected the screwed up link to the Full resolution photo... go see it BIIIIGGGGGGGG :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:
Later than promised, but here are photos of the complete kit:

EDIT: images are clickable to reveal their true self :biggrin:

Last edited:
I still think the Keyless Entry for '92-95 Legends and '92-'94 Vigors will work in the early NSX - the Acura keyless entry kit isn't NSX-Specific.

Just to confirm, the wiring harness came with the kit, right?

Last edited:
Just to confirm, the wiring harness came with the kit, right?

As Samuel L Jackson said in Pulp Fiction: CORRECTOMUNDOOO !!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Nuno

PS - i didn't mentioned, but in my last post, the images are clickable to see in their full glory :wink:

Back