• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'91 NSX service in Nova Scotia

I just moved to Nova Scotia from Ontario.
Where's the best place for NSX service here?

The car doesn't need anything right now, I'm just looking for a place for any needed future work.

Tks!
Darren.

Not getting a ton of response I see. I was hoping to see a couple of suggestions. I had all fluids replaced, brakes serviced, tires, etc. by a very experienced Honda tech, who also has serviced my S2000 for 16 years. He is an excellent mechanic that could tackle most issues with maintaining our cars. Having a shop manual and proper tools certainly helps. If you have an issue arise and need some help, feel free to contact me.

Faron

Hi Faron,

Thanks, I'll do that
Further searching of the forums turned up the following in Nova Scotia:

Atlantic Acura
Driven Automotive - The owner is the former NSX mechanic from Atlantic Acura
Griffin Motors

Have you had any experience with these shops?

Tks@
Darren.

I don't have any experience with these shops, other than getting some parts from Atlantic Acura. If they still have a tech trained on the original NSX, I expect they would be fine. Same with the the fellow at Driven Automotive. Moncton Acura has serviced some NSXs over the years, and may still have factory trained techs working there. There is also a trained NSX mechanic working at Honda's Atlantic zone office. Very knowledgeable and all around good head.
Are you in Halifax? I'm in Kentville. I have a friend in the area that is a well known Porsche whisperer. He has worked on several Ferraris in the area also. I plan on getting some work done by him at some point. I can let you know how he makes out working on a real car.:cool:

Faron

Oh shit, you're in Middleton! The tech that has done the work on my car for more than 6 years works at Kings County Honda. Very good mechanic. He worked for us at the Honda shop for over 23 years. Probably see you around the valley at some point.

Faron

Hi Faron,

Sounds like Kings County Honda is worth a look; can you provide the name of the tech there who has NSX experience?

Your profile shows your occupation as: Honda Dealer.
What's your association with Kings Country Honda?

Tks!
Darren.

Guess I better update my profile Darren. My wife and I owned Kings County Honda for over 23 years and sold it last summer. My association with the shop now, is friend and paying customer. The mechanic that worked on my car is Mark. His NSX "experience" is limited to my car. I've not needed anything other than normal maintenance on my car in six years, and Mark was more than capable of doing the work. He has not had factory training on our cars, and is certainly not the only experienced tech at the shop that I would have work on my cars. If you are looking to have something particular done, let me know and I'll talk to the service department for you. They may need a little prodding, as the NSX is outside their normal comfort zone.

Faron

Hi Darren,
I've used Griffin Motors when they were in Halifax and had great service. I did hear that their good mechanics have opened a shop on Blue water Road, Bedford. I can't recall the name. I used Driven Auto on Hammonds Plains Road. Rob, the owner is a big NSX fan and is fair in his pricing and seems very honest (he won't hose you on stuff that doesn't need to be fixed). I currently use Atlantic Acura for servicing of my NSX. If you are living near Middleton, I would probably try Farron's guy.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I was in Halifax today so I dropped by Atlantic Acura for a chat. The tech there, Aaron (sp?) answered all my questions in a way that suggests competence. He said he services two other black '91's (is one of them yours?) and three new ones. I'm going to give him a try for some minor work to see how it goes.

Hi Fanon,

It sounds like Mark at Kings County Honda is worth having a chat with too. Thanks for the updated info!

Darren.

Back