• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'91 NSX vs. '02-'04 Carrera 4S

I would take the NSX over the C4S on a road course anyday! Please don't do it if it requires selling your NSX, you will regret it!

Nice car, but not going to hang with the NSX on a road course. Plus, my lightly modded NSX (headers, exhaust) pulls harder than the C4S.

If you were talking about a GT3 or a Turbo, I might be more conflicted (especially a new GT3), but I have driven a C4S and would much rather have the NSX! I would probably also take the C2 over the C4, unless it was a turbo car... the traction isn't going to overcome the weight, I'm pretty sure the 2WD car will be faster.

If you want to go fast, I would suggest taking a 2 or 3 day school, then focus on seat time. The guy doing the driving is going to make the most difference, with a little skill you should be able to whip most of the DE with the NSX.

Last edited:
I have to say that 996 4s is little faster than nsx 3.0 my friend had it so we tried it,not from 0 to 100 km/h(o to 60)little difference but over 240km/h he is leaving me.It s nice car but what I dont like is 4wd.For the real pleasure in driving it has to be rwd.I would not change my nsx for any 996 4s.

Plan for now is to keep the NSX as a weekend/ track-day car and trade in the RX-8 for an early 996 (C2) to use as my daily driver. Early 996s can be had for $28k or less, but the C4S still seems to be around $38-40k+ --and that's a big difference for my budget.

If anyone knows of a cobalt blue or zenith blue 996 for sale.....

Back