• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

91 NSX Wideband O2 Sensor Location

Is it possible to mount the O2 sensor that comes with the AEM UEGO controller to a factory bung or is a new weld required/recommended? I plan on going FI way later down the road but that would require a new exhaust anyways. So for now is it possible to use the stock bung?

91 NSX OBD1

Thanks

NO!
You stock computor needs the existing sensors information.
But,
If you had and Aem Computor running your car right now, then yes, then you don't need your stock sensors on your OBD1 car.
Why do you have a wideband now?
It's really not that much fun to watch.
Trev
My local guy drove me over the pit and one of his workers welded me in that bung in the front header in minutes for $20.00

OOPS, sorry i copied and pasted this from another thread and left out that I have installed the standalone AEM EMS. :redface:

Does anyone have pictures of where exaclty they welded the bung? Just trying to be 100% clear. Thanks for the help too Trev

Last edited:
yep, i have pics but not at work til wed am to post.
Will do then.
Trev

Here is an initial pic when I installed a bung straight down for my dyno guy to get easy access to when dynoing. After that when I bought my gauge, I added that bung 90 degrees up from the first on, which then is directly across from your stock one. I will get another pic for tomorrow.
Note: do not install your sensor straight down, its not good for the sensor and you'll loose it on the first raised manhole cover. lol
Thanks
Trev

Attachments

• DSC04761_resize.JPG
    DSC04761_resize.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 164
A few pictures with the final install.
I still keep my dyno bung that points straight down.
Trev

Attachments

• WideBandSensorBung1.JPG
    WideBandSensorBung1.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 135
  • WideBandSensorBung2.JPG
    WideBandSensorBung2.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 119
  • WideBandSensorBung3.JPG
    WideBandSensorBung3.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 114
Last edited: