• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

94 Brooklands Green beauty

Hello Primers!

i joined the club 4 years ago and have been in love with the NSX for many more years. My whole life I said I would have a Ferrari by age 25 because they have been a dream car. Over the past year I've been looking more and more for a NSX or F355 but after driving a few 355s and comparing the two I just can't get the NSX out of my mind, I see these cars and my heat beats like no other so I made the decision......I need a NSX!

1 year ago my girlfriend and I flew to Houston to get a 1992 NSX after talking to the owner for a few weeks. He showed up at the hotel and It was hard to walk away but my gut told me it was not the right one so we drove home in a Kia Soul rental car.
fast forward to three weeks ago I was ready to pull the lever on another but didn't, a local one was in a accident so if it were to be totaled I was going to buy it and rebuild it but that's still being priced out and just last week my friend made me a offer I couldn't refuse. Nobody expected him to sell this car he bought sight unseen and has turned it into a well designed/upgraded masterpiece. I'm so lucky to be able to now call this artwork mine and so grateful for his generosity.

Yesterday even vent my girlfriend and I took the local train from Albuquerque to Santa Fe, got picked up by him and then to his house. We had a great time going over the car along with his hobby of using exotic wood species and making boxes that are drop dead amazing. Took ownership of the car and drove home in the rain but when we got back to Albuquerque we spent the evening driving around town and taking a few pics.

i look forward to being even more apart of the community and learning and sharing with you all.

Doug

onto the pics!

- - - Updated - - -

Pics of the NSX.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 208
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 184
Congrats, how do you fit in that car? You look freaking tall, and you have tall hair to boot.

Great choice! My dream car had always been a Ferrari 328. My wife gave me permission to buy either a 328 or a 360. But after experiencing the NSX, it seemed superior in every way. If I owned a Ferrari, I would have been a little "afraid" of it. But the NSX is so robust, so well-built, that you can drive it without fear.

Welcome.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgThanks guys!

Im 6foot and the hair is tame compared to how I used to have it/want it. (Use to have 2foot long liberty spikes, damn punkers!)
i actually fit real well it it but the seats at a bit too wide so I do slide a bit, considering aftermarket buckets in the near future.

Last edited:
This look like fourringpilot's former Nsx.

Very nice and welcome to ownership. I am happy you got a clean nsx and not a salvaged red one with black head light covers.:wink:

Thank you all very much. I'm on cloud 9 with this NSX right now. I owe it all to former owner and prime member SFNMNSX!

yeah......I looked at some "interesting" ones but somebody has to save them from the hell they were put into, but I'm not the one to do that anymore.

You all have gave me so much knowledge and more which got me to where I am now. I do appreciate you all for the tips, suggestions, true words, and most of all welcoming.

A SOS sc and some fresh work emotions. You did good kid, real good.:smile:

Welcome to ownership. I'm a new owner myself, it's quite the car. I remember you from s2ki as well.

Thanks. Just saw your buy! Congrats to you too!

same name on s2ki? Mine is still undergoing RHD conversion and widebody build.

Congrats, You really got a good one. I hope you have many awesome years with your green machine. Attached are two pics of how it looked when I bought it in Feb.2011. What a transformation! When I decided to sell, you were my first choice to make the offer to. I'm glad it stayed near, and with a really great group of fellow NSX owners (The Roadrunners) I know it went to a great home. Change your SC oil and fix the seats, you're golden.del 3.jpgdel 1.jpgEnjoy, -DREW-

EDIT: Looks SO much better now! Psssh! Look at that truck driver counting my cash for the delivery...he,he! I'll be back.

Last edited:
Doug, as I was once told by another Roadrunner member; Welcome to the Car!

Look forward to seeing you in the new ride. Drew did a great job with that car. I am still in somewhat disbelief that he sold it, but I am glad it stayed in the NM family.

Drew, I had no idea it was originally a Tan interior. Do you still have any of the Tan interior pieces?

Chris

Sold them to a Florida owner.

Thanks. Just saw your buy! Congrats to you too!

same name on s2ki? Mine is still undergoing RHD conversion and widebody build.

No, my username on there is black_EM1. But I haven't signed in in months, really. Barely even frequent it due to work and other actual obligations.

Hi, Doug!

Welcome to the "Road Runners"! It's about time you got an NSX, and the one you bought is a nice one. Glad to have you on board.

Philippe

Thanks to all of your for the kind words and official welcoming as a owner.

Thanks to all of your for the kind words and official welcoming as a owner.
What kind of numbers is that mean green machine throwing down? I myself recently had a ctsc installed and I love it dearly. It's hard to explain the price tag until you strap that thing on the motor. The sounds and power is hard to describe compared to a dyno chart on paper. It's awesome. Your a lucky man to purchase the car with all those goodies.

Thanks again for guys!
planning on redoing some interior bits soon. Suede on the headliner down the a-pillars and all the rear panels to start.

i need to add side skirts, prefer Stacy skirts.

Doug, you got east of Mississippi I'll take west. Lol. Great sounding exhaust, that's for sure!

Im 6foot and the hair is tame compared to how I used to have it/want it. (Use to have 2foot long liberty spikes, damn punkers!)
i actually fit real well it it but the seats at a bit too wide so I do slide a bit, considering aftermarket buckets in the near future.

I'm 6 ft also but, over the years I grew my fat ass so I wouldn't slide in the seat so much.:rolleyes: Welcome to the club from the Republic of Texas (next door).

Last edited:
Back