• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

95 NSX-T targa is squeaking

Just bought a 95 NSX-T last month, great car but has an annoying squeaking nose coming from the rook. TRIED WD40 but no luck. I was wondering if anyone has this problem and any suggestions on this. Thanks.

------------------

Originally posted by raji:
Just bought a 95 NSX-T last month, great car but has an annoying squeaking nose coming from the rook. TRIED WD40 but no luck. I was wondering if anyone has this problem and any suggestions on this. Thanks.

WD-40 will make it worse...it's a water displacer and not a "real" lubricant. Anyhow, there is a TSB for that...they designed the hook slots for the latches too long, so there is too much play when you lock the targa top on. The newer design has slots that are shorter and fit better, so the latches don't move in and out, etc.

Go to your dealer and ask them to look it up in their TSB book/list...they should pay for it I believe.

Anyhow, if you don't want to do that, you should use a thick lithium grease in those slots that I mentioned...should help a bit. You might also notice that it squeaks the most when it's hot out...stuff expanding. On a long road trip, if I start in the morning when it's cool out, no squeak, but as the afternoon comes along and the car catches the rays, it starts to squeak...or after sitting outside in the sun for longer than 1/2 hour.

HTH... Andie

Back