• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

97 Arctic Blue/Tan NSX aval. at Acura of Seattle

I have no vested interest in this car. I was on this board a lot earlier this year, May-July. I was looking for a used NSX, but in the end I bought a 2002 M3. But when I was looking, I found a nice NSX at Acura of Seattle with 22K miles. I live in DC so never saw the car, but the carfax was perfect. I made an offer then of $51000 including my Maryland taxes they refused, but the lady has called me twice in the past few weeks, they are willing to sell the car for $51000 including taxes, you might be able to do a bit better than that even. The person I dealt with is Karen number is 206-433-1000, her cell number is 206-200-2645. I think that price is a steal, if I didn't have my M3 now I would jump on that. Hope this helps anyone in the market for an NSX.

I've seen this car. If it has not changed since I last saw it, it is indeed nice, and a good buy at ~ $51k.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

I asked her exactly what color is was, I knew the NSX only came in Manaco Blue or Candy Apple Blue she said it was Arctic Blue, I said are you sure, she said yes. So I just put what she stated
smile.gif
But you are right about BMW, I think they have atleast 8-10 different shades of blue. But I hope someone finds this info useful. I was asking my dad how we can do it so we can buy the NSX, just no money. I spend 56K on my M3 and I sure as hell don't have any left.

I knew the NSX only came in Manaco Blue or Candy Apple Blue

I guess you don't know much about NSX's, huh? Monaco (not Manaco) Blue Pearl was available '00-01, Monte Carlo Blue Pearl was available '97-99.

There has never been an NSX color called Candy Apple Blue.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 29 December 2001).]

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I knew the NSX only came in Manaco Blue or Candy Apple Blue. I guess you don't know much about NSX's, huh? Monaco (not Manaco) Blue Pearl was available '00-01, Monte Carlo Blue Pearl was available '97-99. There has never been an NSX color called Candy Apple Blue.

don't beat the kid up because he's a kid....just let him know what color it really is. we all live and learn...

[This message has been edited by jag (edited 29 December 2001).]

Well, if he had only gotten it wrong once, that wouldn't have been so bad. But getting it wrong again, even after Chris pointed out the correct name of the color?
eek.gif

nsxtasy, point taken. I don't know what I was thinking when I said candy apple blue, I knew there were only two blue colors made by Acura....in any case, I am not trying to start a war of words. I was mearly trying to inform people of a car available at a great price. Sorry if I bothered you with those mistakes.

When I looked back, i thought the same thing, I don't know how I didn't chatch the error. About the car, I loved it from what I saw. But I think blue is a love/hate color, people either really like it or don't like it at all. I think that's why it sitting with them since Feb/March of 2001.

Actually, I think the Monte Carlo Blue is the most sought-after color (in other words, a lot of folks want it and there aren't all that many cars out there in that color). Right, Lud?

Originally posted by mandrewz:
There have been more than two blues. The
'midnight blue pearl' which was really a
purple, and the 'circut blue'-which is a
canadian color.

Up until now, there have only been two blues, if you consider purple and blue two different colors, and assuming you're not counting the "Long Beach Blue Pearl" which is being introduced for 2002.

You are correct that the purple color which was called "Midnight Pearl" (NOT "Midnight Blue Pearl") was also available, in 1995-96.

Monaco Blue Pearl, which (as noted above) was available in the States on the NSX 2000-2001, was called "Circuit Blue Pearl" in Canada. They're one and the same (color code B-501P).

Originally posted by sridhar:
....I don't know what I was thinking when I said candy apple blue...

sridhar, you were right. You live near me and must have seen my candy apple blue on the streets. I have called it that since my first 20 coats of zaino was applied to my Monaco Blue. It looks like candy.
cool.gif

------------------
'00 Candy Apple Blue / Black

Thanks you for bailing me out!!!! I knew I had seen Candy Apple Blue somewhere and now I remember.
smile.gif
smile.gif
How is that car? I know you had planned to sell it earlier? Did you decide against selling it? By the way Happy New Years to everyone on this board.

...How is that car? I know you had planned to sell it earlier? Did you decide against selling it?

She's tucked away nicely in my garage. Will sell someday. It's still flawless.

Happy New Year

------------------
'00 Candy Apple Blue / Black

As Ken has pointed out several times recently, the newer cars have come down in price...I contacted the dealership about this car and was told it sold today for $49,999.00! Someone got a pretty good buy.

[This message has been edited by Exotica (edited 04 January 2002).]

Originally posted by Exotica:
As Ken has pointed out several times recently, the newer cars have come down in price...I contacted the dealership about this car and was told it sold today for $49,999.00! Someone got a pretty good buy.

[This message has been edited by Exotica (edited 04 January 2002).]

I bought it and they lied to you about the price.

Jim if you don't mind me asking, what did the car sell for? Had you seen the car before, or did you find out about it through this post? From what I heard from the dealership a lot of people looked at the car, but no serious buyers.

congrats and enjoy the car

Jim if you don't mind me asking, what did the car sell for? Had you seen the car before, or did you find out about it through this post? From what I heard from the dealership a lot of people looked at the car, but no serious buyers.

congrats and enjoy the car

I will just say that I bought it for less than what they claim they sold it for.

I hadn't seen the car before, I heard about it right here.

Originally posted by SCS2k:
I will just say that I bought it for less than what they claim they sold it for.

I hadn't seen the car before, I heard about it right here.

Is the price that you paid for the car that much of a secret? Perhaps knowing what you paid might help someone else out with their negotiations on a similiar car. You learned about the car on the forum and are not willing to help someone else out by telling them the price?

Jim you can send me a little thank you check for finding you a great car and an even greater price
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
hahahh...you know us 21 year old college grads are very poor. Hahaha....

Once again, I hope you enjoy the car. I think when I have money again, I will look into buying a used NSX. When I test drove one, I loved it.

Originally posted by Carguy!:
Is the price that you paid for the car that much of a secret? Perhaps knowing what you paid might help someone else out with their negotiations on a similiar car. You learned about the car on the forum and are not willing to help someone else out by telling them the price?

If anyone needs help individually I am more than happy to help him or her. I just don't care to broadcast the purchase price on a website.

Back