• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

99 Blue NSX T HRE Wheels

KBB may be great for a 3 year old Chevy, but are pretty useless for an exotic, low volume, car. With them, KBB has no clue.

That, and the fact that the market for luxo autos in really in the crapper with the recession.

I've got a salesman friend that I play golf with that deals in highline luxo-mobiles and he's says his business (Bentleys, Lambos, Porches, Mercedes) is in the toilet right now.

I have no way of knowing (at least not yet) if $72K for a NEW '02 is a ballpark price but I'm thinking it's a "one off" for that particular car and/or color combo. FWIW, I'm not fond of Red/Tan either.

[This message has been edited by NSX-GUY (edited 16 October 2002).]

I should have posted the price because I get idiot window shoppers offering me $45k cash all day, its annoying.I'm done ranting.....time to take a valium[/B]

Don't get so upset. I've found that living on the West Coast embeds us in a rather inflated exotic car market. The same car on the East Coast is generally going to capture a few thousand less, and the perceived inquirers may be replying from that arena.

That being said, be sure to take your valium with a meal.

*ApoGee*

Just came back from an Acura dealer that has a Yellow and a Silverstone ('02's of course).

I mentioned I knew about the dealer incentives and the 1st number they came back to me with was $75,000.

Since I wasn't ready to purchase today I didn't bother pushing for their best price. I'm relatively sure it would go down another 1-3K. Of course, I don't KNOW that but I've yet to see a nogotiation of anything where either party begins with their BEST offer, right ? (grin)

[This message has been edited by NSX-GUY (edited 19 October 2002).]

I thought I posted this question before (on another thread) but one of the things I really loved about my '98 NSX was the sound of the engine right behind me, especially as the revs got to the 5-6K range. Was that the induction sound ?

Anyway, what effect, if any, do the aftermarket headers and exhaust have ? What changes are there to the decibel level or the sound itself ?

OK, I'm serious about selling the car now, I will look at any reasonable offer. I just got engaged and have to pay for the wedding!

Originally posted by kinnsella:
OK, I'm serious about selling the car now, I will look at any reasonable offer. I just got engaged and have to pay for the wedding!
Congrats on your engagement...and wishes of many years of happiness to you. Too bad she's mmaking you sell your car though. Have fun with your mini-van
smile.gif

Thanks, compromise is an important part of any relationship.....so one supercar had to go, I'm still keeping the Porsche 996 Twin Turbo.
wink.gif

any other recommendations where to advertise the car?

Originally posted by kinnsella:
Thanks, compromise is an important part of any relationship.....so one supercar had to go, I'm still keeping the Porsche 996 Twin Turbo.
wink.gif

Sure you are...we know
wink.gif
Chevy Astro 1996
BTW, hey guys, don't pick on him too much. It's his car & he can ask what he wants for it. I'd do the same. I would ask way too much for the car so that it wouldn't sell...then my wife would have no choice but to let me keep it. Good tactic!! Just being a smart ass...sorry.

Cheers

------------------
Todd E. Williams
'94 NSX Blk/Blk

Good one........finally somebody gets the MASTER PLAN!!!!

btw here's the astro van at the track.......handles pretty well for a chevy!

LinkPhoto

oh and here's a picture of my fiancée

LinkPhoto

[This message has been edited by kinnsella (edited 06 December 2002).]

the car has been sold @ $61,000.

Congrats
smile.gif

Such a beauty, so who's the lucky owner?

------------------
--
'03 MDX Starlight Silver/Ebony
- 260 HP :) -> miles start to climb
'94 NSX Brooklands Green Pearl/ Onyx
- 10k miles
- GruppeM Intake & Exhaust V.3
'01 M3 Laguna Seca Blue/ Grey - 5k miles
'93 300SE MBZ - 97k miles and running strong :)

Back