• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

99 Blue NSX T HRE Wheels

SOLD @ $61,000 to guy in Dallas. On Autotrader for 7 days....

I have revised this post with pictures and a few more details.....

1999 NSX - T Monte Carlo Pearl Blue with black interior. $61,950.00 or best offer.

Here are some pictures...

LinkPhoto

LinkPhoto

LinkPhoto

LinkPhoto

LinkPhoto

LinkPhoto

LinkPhoto

check out autotrader for other pictures
http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/images.jtmpl?car_id=116799504&color=&search_type=&make=ACURA&model=NSX&transmission=&distance=10&address=90068&only_price=&advanced=&certifi[/UR L]

H.R.E 545 Rims (approx $4.2k) with Bridgestone S03's 215 40VR 17 and 285 30VR 18. Comptech Headers and Exhaust factory fitted. Brake upgrades include 2 air ducts from front air dam to calipers, dali air deflectors, semi racing pads, steel braided brake lines and racing brake fluid (Castrol STX). Dali fire extinguisher mounted on passenger side floor. Six disc changer in trunk. All options. 18,000 miles. 5 year 62,000 mile extended bumper to bumper warranty. Just serviced, No accidents, clean title. The car is garaged in Los Angeles.
Please call (213) 618 0790 or email me at [email protected]

[This message has been edited by kinnsella (edited 06 December 2002).]

[This message has been edited by kinnsella (edited 17 December 2002).]

While I am not a buyer I do get asked by others about possible used NSXs for purchase .......

This car has been on the selling blocks for at least 9 if not 12 months that i know of. What is the story .......?

At $59.6K on e-bay it did not even reach reserves ....
confused.gif

Why do people post ads w/out a price? Do they think maybe the buyer won't ask, we'll just look the car over and say "yep, looks good, I'll take it", and hand over a blank check?

OK, I've calmed down.. hey, by the way, what is the price of this car?

9-12 months, really?
And yet, he won't budge on his wishful asking price
frown.gif

Originally posted by Timbo:
Do they think maybe the buyer won't ask, we'll just look the car over and say "yep, looks good, I'll take it", and hand over a blank check?

I got a "blank" check for the seller
wink.gif
...haha. j/k. i would love to buy this car, just got no dough.

Originally posted by mattfish:
Here is an email from this person in it's entirety. "I have an offer at $60,500, the guy will move quickly let me know."

"Move quickly" - 9-12 months on the market doesnt sound like moving quickly to me!

Originally posted by insx:
He said "Blue Book is approx $71K."

Har! So despite brand new '02s going for $73K, we're supposed to believe this "book" and think a '99 is worth $71K?

NSX Prime members know what these cars go for, and are insulted by references to supposed "Blue Book" prices that are outlandish even on planet LSD.

[This message has been edited by Timbo (edited 01 October 2002).]

It could be that he's really not in a hurry. I'm in a similar situation, in that I really love the car and am not in a huge hurry to sell it. I've got my car for sale here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum16/HTML/000181.html

Sure, it's at a slightly optimistic price based on milage, prior paint work, but I'd really rather not sell it until after NSXpo -- of course, if someone offers me my asking price, I'll sell it now.

After NSXpo, I plan to knock several thousand off and list it outside the NSX community (autotrader, maybe elsewhere).

Maybe the price on this '99 will go down, maybe it won't. It just takes one buyer and one seller to make a deal.

Originally posted by aaronb:

It could be that he's really not in a hurry. I'm in a similar situation, in that I really love the car and am not in a huge hurry to sell it.
Sure, it's at a slightly optimistic price based on milage, prior paint work, but I'd really rather not sell it until after NSXpo -- of course, if someone offers me my asking price, I'll sell it now.
It just takes one buyer and one seller to make a deal.

That's the thing though - EVERYONE HERE would take SOME price for their NSX, right? (well, maybe not quite everyone).. So why don't we ALL just post our cars for sale for that "jackpot" price, and who knows, someone may come along and bite.

MY HUMBLE OPINION: That's the problem w/ free classifieds. Too many people just post a wishful ad w/ no expectation of selling, just as a what-the-hell, 1-in-a-million shot. I even suspect that some (I don't mean you, just in general) even post inflated prices JUST to keep up the perceived market value of their cars. And it's too bad, since the site provides such a great service to the members w/ free classifieds. I hate to see it abused.

Yes, it just takes one buyer and one seller, however it also just takes some ridiculously optimistic ads (this one w/ no price listed at all, but apparently it is very high) to waste my time having to click thru them all, and to add clutter to this great web site.

That's my beef, thank you for the soapbox, I'm done ranting (for now).

I for one would like to post on this site the actual selling prices of some of these cars. I will tell you that in 2000, I bought an '91 with 38K miles (stock) in very good condition for $ 31,500. I sold it 6 months later for $ 34,000. Next in 2001, I bought a black '94 with 40K miles with over 10K of upgrades (exhaust, wheels, Short gears , stereo etc) for $ 42,000 and sold it a year later for $ 41,500.

Who else bought an NSX recently please post it up here so we all see REALISTIC pricing !!

Though some people may want to keep their selling/purchase price private, it would be a valuable resource if people could send prices to the Moderator for an aggregate display of data.

The data would have to be displayed in a somewhat general format in order to maintain anonymity where desired, but it's feasable.

It's also an additional workload on the Moderator, who's doing a damn good job BTW already!

Okay, here's my small/weird question - why would you go to the trouble of getting your car ready and taking some (very) nice pictures of it, then leave that bottle of water on the passenger seat?? And not take any pics of the drivers side? Is that water bottle hiding a flaw.

Yeah, I know it's not likely, but isn't that what you do when you have stuff to hide when you're selling a house - put furniture or a painting over a problem!

CapeCodMass,
Before calling names, please do your due diligence.

The ebay auction end on Aug-25-02 10:40:08 PDT.
He posted on 30 September 2002 14:04

The auction was already past when he advertise the car.

The link is for the pics only.

[This message has been edited by insx (edited 04 October 2002).]

Originally posted by CapeCodMass:
Cosidering he left a link to an EBAY auction only a fool would get upset by a missing asking price...

Considering the auction had ended and was no longer for sale there, only a fool would think that the price was somewhere to be found on that eBay site.

[This message has been edited by Timbo (edited 04 October 2002).]

I was gone on vacation....I see the peanut gallery is in full force. Man, you guys are so uptight, here is the deal on the car, it's one of three vehicles I own, I love it and I am really reluctant to sell it, however I don't need two supercars, I have a 2001 911 TT as well. I will consider offers over $60k, however as I have stated I am not in any rush. Its beautiful, in great condition. BTW the water bottle isn't covering up any thing....don't be so frigging paranoid.

One other thing, I really don't think that $60K + is that unrealistic. Because....

i) its rare color
ii) its condition
iii) the extended warranty that runs thru 2005
iv) the $3,800 HRE rims
v) the comptech hdrs and exhaust
vi) the low mileage

the blue book isn't my estmate, that their's and I agree that $71k is way high, however I doubt 2002/2003's NSX's are going for $73k.

On the crime of "not posting the price" issue. Actually I agree, I should have posted the price because I get idiot window shoppers offering me $45k cash all day, its annoying. Or they want to trade their 91 Yugo turbo and $10k cash for my NSX.

I'm done ranting.....time to take a valium

Just so you know that I was not "making up" a Kelley Blue Book number, according to them it's $73,420

Here is the report, I ran on the web today.

Blue Book Private Party Report
California • October 8, 2002

1999 Acura NSX T-Targa 2D

Engine: V6 3.2 Liter VTEC
Trans: 6 Speed Manual
Drive: Rear Wheel Drive
Mileage: 18,000

Buy a New Car

Buy a Used Car

List Your Car For Sale Online

Free Lemon Check

Financing Quote

Insurance Quote

Warranty Quote

Print "For Sale" Sign

Payment Calculator

Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Cassette
Multi Compact Disc
Premium Sound
Dual Front Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Traction Control
Leather
Dual Power Seats
Rear Spoiler
Premium Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition: Excellent
"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks great, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. It should pass a smog inspection. The engine compartment should be clean, with no fluid leaks. The paint is glossy and the body and interior are free of any wear or visible defects. There is no rust. The tires are the proper size and match and are new or nearly new. A clean title history is assumed. This is an exceptional vehicle.

Private Party Value $73,420
Private Party value represents what you might expect to pay for a used car when purchasing from a private party. It may also represent the value you might expect to receive when selling your own used car to another private party.

"I doubt 2002/2003's NSX's are going for $73k."

Yes they are going for less money: $72,475
http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum24/HTML/000062.html

Corey :"At the time of purchase, Niello Acura had a new red/camel on the showroom floor...And although I didn't see the used vehicles, Gary and Kelly told me that they had 2 of them, with one being a full blown supercharged competition vehicle..As far as the price goes, they set the price to equal my out the door offer of 80K..in this case, with all taxes and registration, the base vehicle price was $72,475...If you need further info, their # is 1-800-350-2299."

Originally posted by insx:
"I doubt 2002/2003's NSX's are going for $73k."

Yes they are going for less money: $72,475
http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum24/HTML/000062.html

Corey :"At the time of purchase, Niello Acura had a new red/camel on the showroom floor...And although I didn't see the used vehicles, Gary and Kelly told me that they had 2 of them, with one being a full blown supercharged competition vehicle..As far as the price goes, they set the price to equal my out the door offer of 80K..in this case, with all taxes and registration, the base vehicle price was $72,475...If you need further info, their # is 1-800-350-2299."

That's amazing, is this type of discounting widespread....well it is a red car, with a tan interior. In my book that's not a good color combo.

[This message has been edited by kinnsella (edited 08 October 2002).]

Just got engaged, building an extension to the house, will consider REASONABLE offers, no trades.

Back