• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

99 top speed

What is the safe top speed for a stock 99 NSX? Of course it would be
on a track rather than a highway.

On a stock NSX it always felt like the nose would get a bit light at very high speeds. But other than that, and with a good, straight and dry road and good tires, the safe top speed is simply the top speed of the car. Which will read about 280 kph (174 mph) on the odo if you have the space to get to it. Takes a little time though.
Have done it on multiple occassions on public roads and never felt unsafe.
On a track it's usually not possible because you simply haven't got straights long enough to do this.

What is the safe top speed for a stock 99 NSX? Of course it would be
on a track rather than a highway.

The safe top speed depends upon the track, weather, tires and your abilities. If have no or limited track experience you won’t come close to the limits of the car and you shouldn’t try.

I am just curious. I hesitate to take any car over 100 mph.
Recently had a ticket for 140 mph given to a Viper owner.

I touched an *indicated* 135 MPH on the back straight at Sebring once when I exited turn 16 very well and braked at the last possible instant for turn 17 (per the size of my attachments). Most laps approach speed to 17 was in the 125-130 MPH range. At speeds over 130 it felt very stable and was still pulling strongly. As Bob mentioned above, it depends on a lot of things.

Last edited:
Back