• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

a/c -heat

my a/c evap according to dealer has small leak.they charged it a month ago and is still blowing nice and cold.if there is a leak how will this effect the heat/defrost this winter?and can i damage my system in any way,burn up my compressor?

It will not affect heat. It will affect defrost's effectiveness because defrost uses the A/C and heat simultaneously to dehumidify and warm the air.

Yes, you will burn your compressor if you run with too little freon.

I know this is slightly off the topic, but does anyone get excessively cold/hot air from the Climate control system?
Mine never seems to quite work. Its always faaaaar too cold or faaar to hot.
And No its not just me, every other car I've had did just fine.

in addition it will leak water in the interior from what i understand

I thought leaking water in the interior is a sign of a clogged drain tube (for condensation) on an air conditioner that is otherwise functioning properly, and has nothing to do with a leak of refrigerant (freon). No?

Originally posted by Lud:
It will not affect heat. It will affect defrost's effectiveness because defrost uses the A/C and heat simultaneously to dehumidify and warm the air.

Yes, you will burn your compressor if you run with too little freon.

Lud,does the the compressor not shut off when freon gets too low?and when i use my defrost should i manually shut off a/c?

Back