• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A/C Problem & Question?

I need some advices.
My A/C just decided to only work on High & Auto with the Temperature set on the Lowest on my way to HIN (Hot Import Night) Saturday. I took the Board out today & I noticed some bleeding on a couple of Capisitors C32 & C44. I tried cleaning them hoping that would help, but of course it didn't. So, can someone please tell me what to do?.. It's a 98 NSX-T

Thanks,
Ken

Member BrianK does an awesome job of repairing those climate control boards and speakers. Many satisfied customers can vouche for him.

Many satisfied customers can vouche for him.
I have to disagree with that statement.
Many, many, many customers can vouch for him...
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

It's not that I don't wanna send it to you, Brian.. It's just that everytime I did the self-diagnosis test on it. All it said is my temperature sensors (front & inside) is "Open or short circuit". I'm gonna take it to my friend shop & have him look at it. He's the one that works on my NSX & if he can't figure it out. I'll take the board out again & send it to you. Because my NSX is all customized inside out. That's another reason why I haven't send it or just being lazy I guess.. It's a pain to get to the A/C unit out..

By the way.. What the hell is a tire kicker?! :smile: Is that some kind of name calling from Wisconsin or what? :biggrin:

I have been going back in forth in private with Ken since yesterday, definitely a serious tire kicker.

That sounds like a plan. Please elaborate or can I just send you the money & you send me the board. When it gets here I will send you my board. Of course, the new board has to work though, right?..

Re: A/C Problem & Question? One Last Time..

Ok, I finally have some time today. So, I decided to take my NSX to my friend's Shop & have him check out my A/C. But, the freakin' thing decided to work correctly/normal at all temperature & speed. So I was like "What the hell?!" Of course, I was also happy about it, but I drove there anyway & hangout for a while, but on the way back. The stupid thing decided to @$#@&% again & only worked on high. Does anybody have any idea what the hell is wrong with this thing?.. This is so freakin' frustrating!.. I swear I'm about to beat the crap out of it!.. But I have too much money invested in it. :biggrin:
The sad thing is I don't hardly use the A/C. Most of the time I take the top off, but I can't stand it when things doesn't work right.. So somebody PLEASE tell me what the hell is wrong it. It's getting on my last nerve..

I don't understand why you don't just send the module to Briank. He fixes them cheap, and even if it's not faulty (which it almost certainly is) at least you have eliminated one possibility from your fault finding mission.

I WISH I was in America and could just send mine away for repair (well, I can but shipping both ways will make it expensive).

Re: A/C Problem & Question? One Last Time..

So somebody PLEASE tell me what the hell is wrong it. It's getting on my last nerve..

The capacitors fail and leak on to the circuit board. That leakage is corrosive and it eats away at the circuit board traces. Because the corrosion is so slow and the leakage is also conductive enough current will still get through that the unit will still work intermittently until the damage gets worse and then fail completely.

It will be on it way to you on Monday, Brian. Please let me know when you receive it & also, give me an idea when I will be getting it back.

Thanks again,
Ken

I don't understand why you don't just send the module to Briank. He fixes them cheap, and even if it's not faulty (which it almost certainly is) at least you have eliminated one possibility from your fault finding mission.

I WISH I was in America and could just send mine away for repair (well, I can but shipping both ways will make it expensive).

I did send mine from Istanbul.Problem solved. Even with shipping costs, it was a sweet deal. :smile:

Nice!.. So you must be a very proud NSX owner, huh? I think there's only like 2 millions NSX here in Dallas Area. :biggrin:

I extend high regard and personal thanks to member BrianK. Brian specializes in the rebuild of many NSX related electronic components - including EPS modules, climate control, speakers, etc. Brian enabled the rebuild of my EPS module. After a brief visit to his "laboratory," I was floored. This guy has workbenches and test stations for every imaginable NSX part he repairs. The place where he works on these parts looks like a control room for a submarine or something! Highly recommended! My power steering works, and it sure is a snap now to park the car in tight spaces! I'm tellin' ya, there is probably no better, convenient, or cheaper way than to just send it to Brian. I'm not too far from him (a few miles) - and I was very impressed visiting him. Unless you're fairly technical and mechanical, or you have a quite a bit of curiousity and ambition - just get it over with and send it to him!

Back