• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

A/C system tech.question.

Hi list,

Bought NSX 2 months ago with the A/C compressor removed (why????).
I got one from Erzsebet Toth Cars, wich send me one to europe.
I have a early 1993, which probably is an late 1992 (JHMNA00500T100266). The pump i have received is an R134A pump (says on 2 tags on the lines).
I expect the system is R12, if not for this modelyear, please let me know.
I did see there is an upgrade kit from Honda, which converts the system from R12 to R134A, does anyone know what this set incuded? (Honda in europe does not have this kit any longer) I did put new o-rings on the first 2 lines which connect to the body of the car.
My airco technician did put R134A in the system, but is a bit worried if the system can hold this, as it was a R12 system before.
Honda Holland gave me the figures for reffiling (800-850 grams R134, 160 cc oil).
The technician flushed the system 3 times, and put vacuum on the system (10 bar), after a little while this dropped to 9.6 bar, and stayed there (should stay at 10 bar???).

Any help on this please.............

Thankx a lot,

P.L.M. Plasmeijer
Holland

------------------

Originally posted by DutchBlackNsx:
Bought NSX 2 months ago with the A/C compressor removed (why????).

It could have been removed for different reasons.. If a bunch of other stuff was removed, maybe it was to reduce the weight of the car. Or the old one could have just broken and the owner didn't want to pay for the repair.

I expect the system is R12, if not for this modelyear, please let me know.

In the US, all NSXs for 1993 model year and later were R134A even if they were manufactured or sold in late 1992. I am not sure about Europe - your dealer should be able to find out though.

I did see there is an upgrade kit from Honda, which converts the system from R12 to R134A, does anyone know what this set incuded? (Honda in europe does not have this kit any longer) I did put new o-rings on the first 2 lines which connect to the body of the car.

I think it is basically new seals, o-rings and maybe hoses. The kit is only about $65 US so it obviously does not contain any major AC system components.

VIN is wrong, good one is JHMNA11500T100266.
A/C compressor was very likely removed, coz it went wrong.
In most vehicles you find little labels under the hood telling you what sort of gas is used (R12 or R134), does the NSX have one?

Back