• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

a few pics of john@microsoft's nsx

some of you may remember me looking for cars to shoot. well i found one!!

seeing that thing on the road was :eek:
working on getting this through the press right now :cool:

john.. if you're out there, here you go.......!

john34widebht8.jpg

john34reargb0.jpg

johnfrontui0.jpg

:smile: :smile:

That thing looks amazing from the front! Wow.

I am not crazy about the fenders.

That is one wild car overall. It would look way out of place on the street and right at home at the JGTC.:biggrin:

somehow I missed the aggressive stance when he had the driving lights in place of the 02+ light. John, I thought you were going to paint the lights blue..

dcho, the 3rd pic looks like a remote control car. We are having a nsx mid month meet this Saturday at 7pm, will you be there?

WOW...absolutely stunning!!! what fenders are those? they look more aggressive than the one's i usually see.

NRG said:
I like the yellow and black combo! Very nice pictures!

EndlessNSX said:
Looks very nice.:smile:

NetViper said:
That thing looks amazing from the front! Wow.

I am not crazy about the fenders.

That is one wild car overall. It would look way out of place on the street and right at home at the JGTC.:biggrin:

Thank you for all of the kind words. As most know I have a ton of personal time and effort into building it, and I find all manners of motorsports, driving, track prep work, and furthering my knowledge of motorsports to be very personally rewarding. It's funny to me that for all of the compliments I receive on the styling, no one seems to be more critical of the vehicle aestetics than myself.

FrEsHaZzBuRu said:
WOW...absolutely stunning!!! what fenders are those? they look more aggressive than the one's i usually see.

The most noticable feature in the pics of course is the wide body kit. The basic Zero Force kit is from Route-KS. The wider front bumper and fenders are slightly more aggressive than most of the other readily available wide body offerings.

Originally, I almost extended them out even further and modified things to appear more like the current revision of Super GT NSX's.. but you know.. being the very practical guy I am known for here in the NW, I decided that as-is they are more than adequate for a mildly modified application, and given stock upper/lower suspension members and hub. :wink:

As things free up for me, I do plan thou to extend on it further moving forward after Windows Vista ships. More like V1.1 at the moment. I like to work on it in the off-season, and I do plan to pull it back apart this winter for some cleaning, further one-off brake/suspension mods, touch-up work, slight bug fixing, and for some more custom aero parts fabrication. If their is community interest, I can post info as I go.

NSXDreamer2 said:
somehow I missed the aggressive stance when he had the driving lights in place of the 02+ light. John, I thought you were going to paint the lights blue.. dcho, the 3rd pic looks like a remote control car. We are having a nsx mid month meet this Saturday at 7pm, will you be there?

I use the clear bra on the other car, and it works great to guard against rock chips. Lately I've been using racers tape, but long term I'll put something on.

Last edited:
Looks great John. The pics are awesome. :biggrin:

BTW, I can't believe you left that parking pass hanging from the rearview... heh.

John@Microsoft said:
The most noticable feature in the pics of course is the wide body kit. The basic Zero Force kit is from Route-KS. The wider front bumper and fenders
are slightly more aggressive than most of the other offerings. Originally, I almost extended them out even further to appear more like the
current Super GT NSX's at the time... but being the very practical guy I am, I decided that as-is they are more than adequate for a mildly modified
application, and given stock suspension members and hub. :)

OK, i've seen an example of the Zero Force Kit, but i'm guessing I just overlooked the fender part because the car was blue, so it didn't stand out as much.

John@Microsoft said:
I do plan thou to extend on it further moving forward. More like V1.1 at the moment. I like to work on it in the off-season,
and I do plan to pull it back apart this winter for some further brake/suspension mods, touch-up work, slight bug fixing, and for some more custom
aero parts fabrication. If their is community interest, I can post info as I go.

Please post the step by step process as i enjoy reading those the most.

Also, another mod you might find interest in doing is creating a more JGTC like wheel well. If you notice, the ones they have are more like 3/4 circles that follow the curve of the tire rather than just a 1/2 circle like on most cars.

I'll edit this post later and post a pic of what i'm talking about if it is not understood.

Holy Cow BATMAN!!!! :eek:
SWEET ride :biggrin:

u got any high ress pix so i can use it as a desktop background?

Man, that looks sweet! Has a muscular race car stance that is very intimidating! Very nice, the color combp works very well. Good Job!

FrEsHaZzBuRu said:
Please post the step by step process as i enjoy reading those the most.

Also, another mod you might find interest in doing is creating a more JGTC like wheel well. If you notice, the ones they have are more like 3/4 circles that follow the curve of the tire rather than just a 1/2 circle like on most cars.

I'll edit this post later and post a pic of what i'm talking about if it is not understood.

I understand what you are eluding to. Several people have mentioned this point to me over the years.

The kit from Dome on the Super GT cars does visibly cut up higher into the fender line. Specific to their application, it affords them clearance given their tarmac scraping super low ride height and larger 18" wheels & slicks.

Frankly, their are so many more pressing performance considerations with wheels, tires, and suspension setup IMO it is an an intractable issue to obtain the same aestetic results as with the Super GT cars and still retain even a *minimal* manner of street ability, (even if that is defined as only being driven just to and from a race track once a month), nor best performing election. Obviously if you cut the fender higher, the OD needs to remain unchanged, and the overall ride height must decrease by a comparable degree as well to appear balanced.

If you go with a smaller OD, you don't require it any more hub center line to fender clearance past what exists on most of the wide body kits. I've tried many different wheel/tire combinations and if needed my body can literally be set right on the ground with less than 5/8" of front end clearance given certain wheel/tire combos and ride height settings. Cutting the fender liner higher would aggrevate that scenario even further.

Unneccessary for most real-world applications, I push a slightly larger outter diameter on the street and ride height for a combination of drive-ability, balance, and personal preference.

In short, once my winning mega-millions ticket presents itself, I'll be sure to circumvent this point entirely and show up at the next NSXPO with a semi loaded with the Team Mugen Racing Super GT NSX, Team Corn Mcclaren F1, or the like and everything will be just perfect. :)

Last edited:
I look at your car John and it keeps me modding mine...I just keeping telling myself "what if??"
Keep up the good work!!
(I still have some pics of it without any headlights..haha)

John,

Have you thought about putting your NSX in a car magazine? It would easily be a cover car for Super Street, Import Tuner, Exotic Imports, etc..

I have some hook-ups with some of the magazines. My S2000 was in Super Street and Import Tuner in 2004-05. Let me know if that would interest you...

Again this is one of my favorite personally owned NSXs to date. Keep up the good work.

EndlessNSX said:
John,

Have you thought about putting your NSX in a car magazine? It would easily be a cover car for Super Street, Import Tuner, Exotic Imports, etc..

I have some hook-ups with some of the magazines. My S2000 was in Super Street and Import Tuner in 2004-05. Let me know if that would interest you...

Again this is one of my favorite personally owned NSXs to date. Keep up the good work.

Personally I don't usually read most of the import mags, and know very little about them quite honestly past the occasional pick-up in Barnes & Noble while I get a latte.

I believe that David (the very awesome photographer that was nice enough to take take the above pics on the side and started this thread) is working on putting something like that together with one of them, and did mentioned the other day that he had recently received some degree of interest from a handful of them. I would have to defer to him to answer that question.

hey john, im not awesome :redface: your car is. well i hope you like the pics. ill send you hi-res ones some time. hey endless, do you mind helping me (and john) out with some contact #'s or email's for the editors or whomever you spoke to for those mags? a PM would be great :biggrin: it'll speed things up alot

its no doubt that the "smaller" publications will take interest in this car i believe, but its the big dogs that i'm shooting for!

dcho said:
hey john, im not awesome :redface: your car is. well i hope you like the pics. ill send you hi-res ones some time. hey endless, do you mind helping me (and john) out with some contact #'s or email's for the editors or whomever you spoke to for those mags? a PM would be great :biggrin: it'll speed things up alot

its no doubt that the "smaller" publications will take interest in this car i believe, but its the big dogs that i'm shooting for!

I always thought import mags required vehicles to be turbo-charged with >800rwhp and sub 10 second quarter mile times to be successful here state side? :biggrin:

please add to this thread, we got's to be in da' know!

The rear-bumper cover (facilitates wider, non-USDM license plates), it looks excellent w/ the angular facets & clean lines! :cool:

By'chance, any non-widebody versions of it available in the market?!? :confused:

Roof-mounted antenna... "can you hear me now!?!" :tongue:

All-in-all, very nice NSX. I can't think of a single critique, everything is so well done and professionally complete. {Even the OEM side-mirrors fit w/ the scheme}
icon14.gif

I will get that email out this weekend.

dcho, PM sent with my POCs. I will call Scott on Monday and talk with him. I gave you more details in the PM.

Nope, not all the time. All I had was the basic bolt-ons back then but my exterior/interior was all Mugen, Cwest, Prodrive, Endless, Aragosta, Js Racing, etc. They love the hardcorp JDM stuff.:biggrin: But they also like the flow or theme of the car which yours fits perfectly.

John@Microsoft said:
I always thought import mags required vehicles to be turbo-charged with >800rwhp and sub 10 second quarter mile times to be successful here state side? :biggrin:

John, it's about time you got some nice pics up on here!
You were right, it looks like a monster on the road

you probably don't remember me, I talked to you a while back when you were affiliated with SWR, helping me find a solution to my Comptech harness bar, but anyways I did solve that by getting a gt-rom bar..

but glad to see some beautiful pics on here, WOW!

BTW, you've probably been asked this, but do you plan to get a Route-KS JGTC hatch snorkle scoop

So will we see this in hi-res? i'm itching to set this as my background but don't want it to be distorted as i will feel bad. :smile:

I'm voting John's car to represent the Northwest US Region!!!!

Those pictures are magazine material no doubt!

By the way, what's the two knobs near the right door handle?

Back