• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A new lease on life. Saving a trashed NSX JH4NA1150MT002868

Sorry I've been busy haha. It's a process to get everything posted. I'm shooting for this weekend because I will have a ton of stuff wrapped up that I can post all at once!

Hi Dan,

Stick with it and as others have said you will appreciate your NSX even more when she is cruising the highways for you

Rgds, Paul

remember aluminum doesnt like to bend back to its original state. you need to over pull it then let it pull itself back a little it sucks real bad but do-able.

goodluck man need pics to keep most interested though lol

yeah I will for sure have some pics up this weekend. I had my work put it on the frame rack and I think the furtherst point it was out 5mm, now it's just a matter of finding someone that can do it for me because my shop wasn't comfortable pulling it.

- - - Updated - - -

hey shawn I pm'd you with a couple questions. I never heard back from you on my other pm's but I really want to get your opinion on this. Thanks man.

5mm isn't that much. Find someone who knows what they are doing and can measure it with lasers afterward to make sure everything lines up. You've come so far, please don't quit on her.....

well when the body shop had it in they could tell them the frame had been straightened before because there were marks from the clamps already there. Knowing that I feel like I'll always have a car that isn't quite right. maybe someone can chime in and tell me i'm crazy but otherwise I might just trade it in on a pick up truck and be done with it all.

- - - Updated - - -

well I found this place, they are near me. I'm going to call them on Monday and see what they say. http://youngsautobodyinc.com/acura/ Hopefully they can help me save this thing.

Last edited:
Again 5mm isn't too bad. If they can measure that the frame is straight afterward, you are good. I'm pulling for you.

As promised here are some update with pics! I got some more work done this weekend and it definitely rejuvenated me on this whole project again

So here is the new engine I got, it was a JDM engine off of ebay with only 24,000 miles on it. It was super clean and a really good deal considering they sent me the clutch with it so I sold the SOS clutch to help pay for other parts of the build.

New rear main seal installed and on the engine with all new "special" bolts according to the manual

new axle seals in the transmission

One of the cv boots were torn so I did them all. let me tell you that was the biggest pain in my ass and I will probably never do it again haha.

The motor finally back in! It was a pain and a little scary trying to get it lined up in the subframe and then the subframe lined back up to the body but eventually it went.

underneath with the DC Sports headers installed

I machined all four rotors, scuffed the pads, cleaned and lubed calipers and slides

A friend of mine towed it to his shop and welded the spot weld on the front frame rail that I showed earlier in the thread, unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of the new welds

new wheels and tires along with the new/used front bumper

That should hold you guys for a while haha

I have a video of the first start up and also me driving it around the lot but I'm not sure how to put that on here

Last edited:
It felt great especially the first start up and when I realized I could actually drive it at least in the parking lot. The wheels are Konig deceptions, they aren't super high end wheels but I had to cut costs somehow and they still look great. Thanks for the compliments! I hope to have the timing belt done and the frame perfectly straight here in the next few weeks so the build is far from done.

Last edited:
So I got a little bit more done this week. I removed the seats and completely soaked and scrubbed the carpets with tide. They were nasty I found everything from pumpkin seeds to quarters.

Before

After

Also I took a chance on these pedals. They are the sport pedals for a Honda fit. They are pretty much identical to the nsx-r pedals and with my employee discount they didn't even cost me $60. The clutch and brake fit perfectly but the fit gas pedal is tiny. I think i'm going to end up getting a used S2000 gas pedal and making it fit

Also the threads for one of the trans mount bolts were stripped so I helicoiled it.

And today I just dropped it off at the Acura dealer to have the timing belt replaced along with all of the camshaft seals.

Last edited:
now this is what I am talking about very good bro very good. never give up till you see the finish line then balls to the wall.

then who cares what happens after you cross the line it was because of you that it crossed the line to begin with ya know.

we all love the pics.

to add video the icon next to the insert pic will help you. looks like a film strip.
save vid to desktop click and upload very easy

Good luck buddy! This car is really costing you your blood, sweat and tears, but it'll be WORTH IT. I'm glad you at least got to drive it around; I'm sure that added fuel to your fire for sure.

Thanks guys! It's finals week at my college so it's been pretty busy for me. The car is now at youngs auto body who has had all their nsx training directly from Acura so they will be straightening the frame for me. They should be getting around to it next week and then the car should be good to go for a while until I pay off some bills and get some money put away. Of course I'll be doing little things here and there and I will be sure to keep this thread updated. I got the headlight stops adjusted last night because they were bouncing all over the place. After that I took it for a good drive around 11 at night and wxpn was doing their sleepy hollow broadcast and it fit the mood perfectly! I have to say I really connected with the car that night. It's amazing how the harder you push it more responsive it gets and how much more confidence it gives right back to you!

told you your gonna never wanna sell this car after you gave birth to her literally LOL

whats the link there are a few blk/blk in the forsale section

- - - Updated - - -

heres the link and the price is higher than it sold for it sold for 25,000 but I think it was talked down to 20,000 and now its being sold for 28,000

I wonder what was done to the car to add the another 8K

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ack-Ivory-5-Speed-99k-miles-JH4NA1150MT002868

- - - Updated - - -

and if you read the build thread this car needed spot welds to the chassis since it split from firewall.

Hey guys, I'm the one selling the car. No I didn't buy it for $20k. The car's chassis was inspected by young's auto body and came out within spec, as indicated in this thread. I keep in touch with Dan and he can tell you how well the car ran when he sold it, it's come a long way since then. I've spent $6k on it to get her where to where she is now, receipts included. I would rather a car that has been scrutinized top to bottom and has had all maintenance needs met than one that hasn't. This is that car. I've sold 2 nsx's to prime members and boast 100% feedback to buyers that can vouch for my cars and my integrity. All of its negatives have been addressed in my sale thread so if anyone is actually interested feel free to contact me directly rather than bashing my sale thread behind my back. And as always, PPI's welcome.

Let's not turn Nsxprime into zilvia.

thanks

Last edited:
Back