• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ABS pump spoiled-replacement possible?

My mechanic just informed me that the ABS pump is not working. Question is can I replace the pump only or do I have to replace the whole assembly?

Does NSX share the ABS with other model?

Thank in advance for asistance.

Yes you can replace the pump only. Is it dead? Do you have an ABS Light? Have ALL the fuses been checked? Did they swap the relay?

Regards,
LarryB

Thought mine was going bad this last weekened.

Anti Lock light on after the pump ran for 120 seconds at startup.

If those are your symptons, tons of great advice here.

Took it to the dealer, showed them some of the same links posted above as well as Service Bulletin 92-014, $156 later all is good again!

By the way, wanted to thank the forum here, potentially saved me $4k plus.

Brian

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. Its the motor. The mechanic replace the fuse. motor mad a terible noise and the fuse burned out.

The decision nowe is inghould I just replace the motor for about US1,000 or the new SOS upgrade for 4K?

Corcern is that after replace the motor the other parts of the ALB system, (modulator) may need replacing. Thats about 3k.

Before the motor gave way, it run every few minutes. A search on forum suggest a leaking selenoid.

Opinion please.

Are you saying that if you install a new fuse, the pump runs for two minutes, then the fuse blows? If so is this repeatable? Or did it happen once?

I say that since you mention the motor sounding terrible, which is the case when it is working fine:).

Regards,
LarryB

Thanks for your respond. Tried changing the fuse few times. It blowed everytime.

For now the brake system is working. Just no abs. Hope its not a hazzard.

Back