• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ABS rebuild or replacement assistance

Hey everyone,

My 91 ABS is not working anymore and the light is on. Does anyone here have expertise in rebuilding or replacing the abs with newer parts or with the s2000 swap etc. Happy to pay you for your time. Or have you worked with a local mechanic that is familiar with the process?

Asif

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hey everyone,

My 91 ABS is not working anymore and the light is on. Does anyone here have expertise in rebuilding or replacing the abs with newer parts or with the s2000 swap etc. Happy to pay you for your time. Or have you worked with a local mechanic that is familiar with the process?

Asif

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I just rebuilt my ABS modulator with the o-ring kit that Warren sells. It was $50 and about a day of work. This basically involves removing the ABS assembly, disassembling the modulator, cleaning, replacing o-rings, re-installing, and running the bleed procedure. I did this only a few months ago, so I am quite familiar with the process. I live in Los Altos, very close to San Jose, and I would be happy to help you with yours.

My system was functional, but it would not hold pressure, so the pump would run every time I drove it. I am happy to report since the rebuild I have only heard the pump run once in about a 2 month period. Very happy with the results. However, you sound like you may have a different problem.

Before deciding which route to go, it's best to determine what the problem is. We should start by diagnosing why the light is on, and then what your budget is, and you can look at your options. Send me a PM, and we can chat more.

Back