• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Accessory ports on fuse box

Looking to add some power accessories to the interior and I want to utilize the power connections on the drivers kick panel fuse box. Some say to use a simple spade connector to use them but I'm having a heck of a time sticking a tiny connector way up there. They look like they were made for a plug in connector, does anyone know which ones these are, and, how can I get my hands on a few?

Looking to add some power accessories to the interior and I want to utilize the power connections on the drivers kick panel fuse box. Some say to use a simple spade connector to use them but I'm having a heck of a time sticking a tiny connector way up there. They look like they were made for a plug in connector, does anyone know which ones these are, and, how can I get my hands on a few?

The four sockets on top are perfect for a female spade connector, it fits snug and is easy to install, are you using the correct size?

femalespadeinstall.jpg

Ha, you mean FEMALE spade connector. I was trying the male one :biggrin: Let me look at it again, lol.

Actually John was correct, super easy using a FEMALE spade connector. Just had to remember to add a fuse in the engine bay fuse box and I'm good to go!

Last edited:
John are those 4 all 12V? What are they normally for? Seems awful convenient. Are they fused themselves?

John are those 4 all 12V? What are they normally for? Seems awful convenient. Are they fused themselves?

nsxfuses.jpg

It's very convenient, you even have your choice of constant +12V, or switched +12V, depending on what port you use, and they're all fused.

The metal piece around the kick-panel fuse box also makes a nice ground, it's great for hardwiring radar detectors, etc.

nsxfuses.jpg

It's very convenient, you even have your choice of constant +12V, or switched +12V, depending on what port you use, and they're all fused.

The metal piece around the kick-panel fuse box also makes a nice ground, it's great for hardwiring radar detectors, etc.

COOL! Thanks!!!

Assuming BATT is constant, ACC is switched, and the lighting one is obvious... what's G2-A?

Assuming BATT is constant, ACC is switched, and the lighting one is obvious... what's G2-A?

I think it's "IG" for ignition. It's probably active 12V with the switch in full ignition mode.

What did you use the lighting one for?

I installed two gauges; water temp & oil pressure. The gauges change color at night (red) to match the factory illumination. I needed the C910 light port to use this feature.

The four sockets on top are perfect for a female spade connector, it fits snug and is easy to install, are you using the correct size?

femalespadeinstall.jpg

Awesome exact post i was looking for.

Where is this located?

I see later on some are constant feeds and some are ignition, how do you know which is which?

When you say it's fused, where is the fuse located if it pops and what else does it take out?

thanks.

I believe the drivers side kick panel

Sorry i should have explained what i meant.

I know where the fuse box is, but where is the little black box in the picture where Scrop has used female spade connectors to actually hook up the accessories.

I'm just going to add this link for reference for anyone else looking to add accessories as it has a little more info. This link also answers the question regarding the fuse for the accessory port.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...tector-Hardwire-Installation-into-Acura-NSX-T

nsxfuses.jpg

Can someone please explain what all the ports are?

I know it has been discussed but there is no definate answer.

We all know Batt is constant.

ACC you see when wiring up amplifiers which i always assumed was ignition?

So what is IG? Ignition also? why would you have two that does the same?

What is G2-A?

Can someone please explain what all the ports are?

I know it has been discussed but there is no definate answer.

We all know Batt is constant.

ACC you see when wiring up amplifiers which i always assumed was ignition?

So what is IG? Ignition also? why would you have two that does the same?

What is G2-A?

The Black box posted is a relay. That picture was only used to reference the female spades in the picture.

its not "G2-A" its "IG2-A" you just cant really see the "I" in the picture. IG2-A is a ignition source.

From left to right
1-(Flashing lights) aka (parking lights) will provide 12v when the parking lights are on.
2-(IG2-A) aka (ignition) will provide 12v when the key is on the "ON" position. Its second position/click of the key & keep providing 12v even when the car is cranking but not during the first position/click of the key.
3-(BATT) Will Provided 12v at all times
4-(ACC) aka (Accessory) will provide 12v on the first position/click of the key & 2nd position/click of the key. However it will loose 12v when you crank the car but will return once you finish cranking.

Hopefully that makes sense.

The Black box posted is a relay. That picture was only used to reference the female spades in the picture.

its not "G2-A" its "IG2-A" you just cant really see the "I" in the picture. IG2-A is a ignition source.

From left to right
1-(Flashing lights) aka (parking lights) will provide 12v when the parking lights are on.
2-(IG2-A) aka (ignition) will provide 12v when the key is on the "ON" position. Its second position/click of the key & keep providing 12v even when the car is cranking but not during the first position/click of the key.
3-(BATT) Will Provided 12v at all times
4-(ACC) aka (Accessory) will provide 12v on the first position/click of the key & 2nd position/click of the key. However it will loose 12v when you crank the car but will return once you finish cranking.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Anybody know what size fuses are on those connections?

*edit* found answers for the fuses except for C911 here:
Post #4
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...highlight=c910

Last edited:
Back