• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Accident because people were looking at your NSX?

zff

Registered Member
Man, I feel terrible.

This morning, some dude on a motorcycle was checking out my car -- at least I'm pretty sure he was. Traffic in my lane was moving, but traffic in his lane was stopped. He didn't notice until the very last second, slammed on his brakes, locked up the rear, slid sideways, and hit the back of a pickup truck at about 5mph or so. He was fine, but there was damage to his bike and the tailgate of the truck.

I know it's not my fault, but I still feel bad. :(

Anything like this ever happen to any of you?

hahha...funny...I know that feeling when you lock the rears on the bike....happened to me once, but I was going at least 15mph....lucky I was able to control it.... :smile:

I never use my rear brake, maybe once in a blue moon....motorcycles are 95%front brake and 5% rear....

Don't feel too bad, maybe he should learn to ride...LOL :biggrin:

The same thing kinda happened to me, my shoe lace caught on the foot peg so I looked down to untangle it and when I looked up I had a honda accord stopped right in front of me. First instinct was to slam on the brakes, so the back break locked and I slid to a stop with my clutch lever inside the guys taillight. He didn't care luckily. But now my shoes are always tied into small bows to avoid them wrapping around the foot pegs.
It's not your fault, he just picked a bad time to take his eyes off the road.

I almost got into an accident by looking at myself driving in my car from the reflection of a building that was surrounded by glass mirrors. :biggrin:

Narcist... :tongue:

zff said:
Man, I feel terrible.

This morning, some dude on a motorcycle was checking out my car -- at least I'm pretty sure he was. Traffic in my lane was moving, but traffic in his lane was stopped. He didn't notice until the very last second, slammed on his brakes, locked up the rear, slid sideways, and hit the back of a pickup truck at about 5mph or so. He was fine, but there was damage to his bike and the tailgate of the truck.

Man!!! what did i tell u??? you got to quit flashing people. pls keep all your clothes down, and yes it's your fault, U drive a NICE car (NSX) he he he j/p

hope he's ok

TigerNSX said:
I almost got into an accident by looking at myself driving in my car from the reflection of a building that was surrounded by glass mirrors. :biggrin:

Same situation as me - except I didn't manage to stop.. I was looking waaaay cool right up until the point I ploughed into the guy in front :(

Bike was messed up bad (ended up under the car) - I bounced off..

zff said:
Man, I feel terrible.

The same thing has almost happened to me a couple of times in the past when I was checking out some sweet thing strutting her stuff. :D

I had on several occasion peeps nearly wreck their cars, coz they didn't want to give me the way, so they had to drive faster. Jeaulousy i suppose.

TigerNSX said:

Narcist... :tongue:

haha, same here. I was looking at my car as I drove along side a polished oil tanker... damn it looked good =) Gave a neat semi-overhead perspective since the NSX is so low.

dawggpie said:
haha, same here. I was looking at my car as I drove along side a polished oil tanker... damn it looked good =) Gave a neat semi-overhead perspective since the NSX is so low.

GUILTY... :wink:

Back